• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Venom' (With Tom Hardy) takes place in the spider-man homecoming universe (MCU)

zeemumu

Confirmed as the actual villain.

013.jpg

I like how there's an episode where they get sick of him saying it and it's actually him that time

SpaceWolf

Banned
Why is she still working at Sony, anyway. Isn't she responsible for their multiple dumpster fires.

In every interview I've seen with her, she always give off the impression of being slightly drunk/coked up, which is rather concerning.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
plot twist. the Spidey arc in the Infinity War movies is actually the black suit stuff.

no it isnt

GAMEPROFF

Banned
plot twist. the Spidey arc in the Infinity War movies is actually the black suit stuff.

no it isnt
Welll, there is a reason Tom wears a CGI-Standincostume in the released behind the scenes footage

I'm still trying to figure out where all this venom hate came from. Feels like people who're just mad he's more popular than other spider-man villains even after all this time.
Maybe its because he went to become a laughable x-treme edgelord character

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Happened pretty early on too.

Yeah, on his third appearence. Seriously, everyone who is curious why people hate Venom should just read the article I have posted earlier. Yeah, its about a hour of reading, but it explains it very well.
Also, my theory is that most people who love Venom that much were mostly exposed to him through adaptions, not the books.

Happened pretty early on too.

Maybe its because he went to become a laughable x-treme edgelord character

SO it is the fact that he face slammed Felicia into the wall face first then?

Look the concept of extreme anything was created in the early 90s man. You had to be there. The early venom stuff was great.

The venom hate really should and does come from the Spider-Man 3 version of the character.

The animated versions were fantastic. For the record.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
SO it is the fact that he face slammed Felicia into the wall face first then?

Look the concept of extreme anything was created in the early 90s man. You had to be there. The early venom stuff was great.
Thats the case. Spawn started of to became a hit and they looked at the stuff they could turn into their Spawn. Venom was already popular, so they took him, turned him into a dark hero who killed in one the issue the group of people he claimed to spare in the other and had their other most popular superhero show up every now and then.
The animated versions were fantastic. For the record.
I have only seen the New Spider-Man show but I complelty agree. My love for Venom (before I actually read comics) started with this show.

Yeah, on his third appearence. Seriously, everyone who is curious why people hate Venom should just read the article I have posted earlier. Yeah, its about a hour of reading, but it explains it very well.
Also, my theory is that most people who love Venom that much were mostly exposed to him through adaptions, not the books.

I was 100% exposed through the books at he time and stand by what I have said. Sure, marvel didn't know what to do with him but there were spurts of good stories using him. If you mean to say that aesthetically he was awful, well that is an opinion.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I was 100% exposed through the books at he time and stand by what I have said. Sure, marvel didn't know what to do with him but there were spurts of good stories using him. If you mean to say that aesthetically he was awful, well that is an opinion.

Most arent all people ;) You are of course allowed to like Venom and also love the stories with him. I am not saying anything against that.

Lifeline

Did people really think Sony was going to make another Spidey universe without spidey/with a different spider-man.

Yeah it's gonna be in the same universe.

we have to remember Disney is the company behind the MCU, and they make family friendly films. Civil War is about as 'dark' as we're likely to get

Disney is pretty hands-off and doesn't decide the creative direction of the MCU, Marvel Studios does.
There is also no rule that anything under Disney has to be family-friendly and ignores that Disney themselves have produced and distributed R-rated movies (under the Touchstone Pictures label for example).

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Disney is pretty hands-off and doesn't decide the creative direction of the MCU, Marvel Studios does.
There is also no rule that anything under Disney has to be family-friendly and ignores that Disney themselves have produced and distributed R-rated movies (under the Touchstone Pictures label for example).

Wasnt Disney distributing Pulp Fiction?

oh i know, i meant under the MCU movie umbrella specifically

Top Bottom