• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vestaria Saga |OT| From the ______ of Fire Emblem

casiopao

Puzzle SRPG sounds interesting but I think Wild Arms XF already can lay claim to being the first one of those... also this looks neat, never knew there was an SRPG Maker tool. But the difficulty scares me, I'm terrible at the genre :(

Huh? This is in no way puzzle SRPG lol. It is still SRPG like Fire Emblem so i am not sure what u talking here lol.^_^

People who complain about other parts of the fanbase are automatically worse than people who complain only about other games.

FE1:

FE2:

FE3:

FE4:

FE5:

FE6:

FE7:

FE8:

FE9:

FE10:

FE11:

FE12:

FE13:

BR:

CQ:

RV:

Dammit. That FE5 and Salt killed me lol.

CazTGG

Huh? This is in no way puzzle SRPG lol. It is still SRPG like Fire Emblem so i am not sure what u talking here lol.^_^

Dammit. That FE5 and Salt killed me lol.

While neither Fire Emblem nor Saga are puzzle tactics titles, i'd argue that the very best maps in the Fire Emblem series are designed in such a way that they do share similarities to a puzzle in terms of how they expect the user to solve them in some manner. In Fire Emblem's case, it's piecing together enemy patterns, skills, obstacles, environmental harards and benefits, reinforcement turns, etc. in order to execute the best strategy to overcome your opponent. I can't speak for VS but I could see someone praising the map design for that level of ingenuity given i've heard it is incredibly challenging, even for veteran Fire Emblem players.

casiopao

While neither Fire Emblem nor Saga are puzzle tactics titles, i'd argue that the very best maps in the Fire Emblem series are designed in such a way that they do share similarities to a puzzle in terms of how they expect the user to solve them in some manner. In Fire Emblem's case, it's piecing together enemy patterns, skills, obstacles, environmental harards and benefits, reinforcement turns, etc. in order to execute the best strategy to overcome your opponent. I can't speak for VS but I could see someone praising the map design for that level of ingenuity given i've heard it is incredibly challenging, even for veteran Fire Emblem players.

I do see where u come from but for me, it is still totally not Puzzle tactics as puzzle tactics for me is more on Advance War where proper placing armies is important while in VS or FE here, level and status can make a huge difference which makes some of those terrain boost not as important as AW.

This is the bump you've all been waiting for, I hope.

Yesterday an official English translation was teased on S_Kaga's blog: link to post

Recently there have been many questions from fans overseas, so I wish to inform you to the extent that I can.

Currently, an English translation of Vestaria Saga I is in progress.

Whether or not it can be completed is still in the air, but I have entrusted [the translation] to an overseas publisher that is familiar with localisation. Hopefully it can be revealed next year.

Because there are labour costs involved, [the translated game] will cost money, but if you don't mind this, you're welcome to play it.
Huh, I wonder who the publisher is?

Graciaus

I remember reading the OP back when it was first made. An English version is something I'd definitely like to play.

Ivellios

Great OT, congratulations! As a Fire Emblem fan, i would play this game if it had english translation, as i actually care about the story,

Rune Corp

Neo Member
Woohoo, an English translation!

I just have one question: does this game have a weapon triangle a la FE? Kaga was around until FE5 so he should have been part of its inclusion into the series. If so, what weapons are there?

Thanks in advance.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
XSEED has been picking up some Japanese indie games recently so I wouldn't be surprised if they picked it up. Them or Aksys would be my first guesses. Or some even smaller publisher I don't know about.

Looking forward to it.

Golnei

If Aksys bring this game to 3ds or Switch, i will get this game day one lol.

Considering the RPG Maker variant on 3DS, I wonder if it's possible for SRPG Studio to get a console port in the same way. Though of course that wouldn't guarantee compatibility with games made using the current version of the tool.

Considering the RPG Maker variant on 3DS, I wonder if it's possible for SRPG Studio to get a console port in the same way. Though of course that wouldn't guarantee compatibility with games made using the current version of the tool.
Does this include the tool, or is it just a game made using the toolset?

I wonder how it feels for Kaga, to finally be able to have a game of his localized.

Y'know, now that Oyabun Yamauchi is six feet too deep to sue him.

EDIT:

Scratch that, I bet he's rising from his grave right now to assemble his army of lawyers to send a friendly Cease and Desist letter to the unlucky sods who picked up localization rights to a S***** Kaga game.

Shengar

I wonder how it feels for Kaga, to finally be able to have a game of his localized.

EDIT:

Scratch that, I bet he's rising from his grave right now to assemble his army of lawyers to send a friendly Cease and Desist letter to the unlucky sods who picked up localization rights to a S***** Kaga game.

He made a special computer that will alert all of his personal lawyer if it picks up any signal of S- Kaga game.

Seriously speaking, Yamauchi is very harsh especially in his later day. Kaga was excessively got his career permanently smeared and crippledby the Old Man of Nintendo, but he just got so many wrong steps with his path of independence, like by taking Hirota and naming his game with Emblem in it. A very huge mistake as the wound of humiliation that Yamauchi suffered from childish withdrawal of Squaresoft from his platform to PlayStation was still throbbing. Kaga should have known better by not tried goading the Old Man with such undeniable similarity from his former company game.

Shame though since Kaga seems actually talented and not afraid of experimenting in his games. Plus, it he looks like more familiar and adept at interweaving dynastic conflict story with fantastical element than what the current FE team had at the moment.

EDIT:

What ? When ? Where ?

Edit: Nevermind, amazing !

"Before continuing, keep in mind that the game was developed by one man and a group of volunteers and friends, with nary a budget. So do not expect much presentation-wise."

*game has professional level character designs and visuals*

Thanks for shattering my self-confidence as a solo game dev. :/

Golnei

"Before continuing, keep in mind that the game was developed by one man and a group of volunteers and friends, with nary a budget. So do not expect much presentation-wise."

*game has professional level character designs and visuals*

Thanks for shattering my self-confidence as a solo game dev. :/

It's essentially a RPG Maker game in terms of using a base of premade assets, so don't be too turned off by the spritework.

Top Bottom