• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[VGC] Metal Gear Solid Master Collection warns players that some content is ‘considered outdated’

JonSnowball

It's outdated to want to motorboat those huge bongos, guys. It's out of touch to want to put your face between those melons and just BRBRBRBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. It's 2023 - it's time to be gay.

Personally I'm pleased that Konami are doing the responsible thing and warning the most morbidly obese generation in human history that cigarettes aren't actually cool, they are bad for you.

I'm also pleased that they're giving some context to the mild sexual objectification in their games to the generation that buys the bathwater of e-celebs and pays for feet pics of the girl next door, who makes six figures on OnlyFans taking photos of her p-flaps while wearing bunny ears in her living room.

Cyberpunkd

Dr Naomi tells Snake he can “do a strip search” on her if he completes his mission.
Yes, because “do X for me and I will get sexual with you” doesn’t ever happen in real life.

No Sir GIF by GIPHY News

RaduN

That being said, they only left it in because they're too lazy to remove it.
Kojima might actually have had a Final Cut type of contract, where the finished product's content could not be altered without his input, even if the actual IP is not in his ownership. Let's not forget that around that time, he was VP at Konami, so pretty much the 2nd biggest person in the company.

Orson Welles had this same kind of contract, if my memory serves right, and it was definitelly not common then, nor is it now.

Ben87fr

Cool cool, i'm only interested in mgs1 since i already own 2 and 3 on xbox, in what state is the first game ? I guess 720p25fps haha konami you outdated fucks !

Last edited:

JohnnyTropics

Neo Member
I like this approach. It keeps the original vision and informs people that some of the things portrayed were acceptable in another time period but possibly not anymore. I hope we see more of this as we evolve as a society, I personally think that is a good thing. You can walk away from stupid outdated tropes without erasing history. Just add context.

Hard disagree.

Last edited:

TDiddyLive

As far as outdated goes, maybe they are talking about how guys, including Presidents (like in the game), could grab someone by the pussy. Sometimes you get surprised and it ends up being a man.

First minute of the video.

Last edited:

consoul

"these elements have been included without alteration to preserve the historical context in which the game was made and the creator’s original vision.

Also, it was cheaper to do nothing.”

captainpat

fnoQA3o.png

I was thinking the same thing before even read the article. What exactly are they talking about when they say is "outdated"? what is so offensive?

Top Bottom