• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(VGC) Xbox Series X launching earlier than PS5, targeting November's first week; PS5 launching mid-November (As early as November 13th)

Journey

Banned
Games are developed on PCs , dev kits are used for testing .

X360 games where shown almost enterly up unto launch on PowerPC’s.

But the shocker is PS5 games are also developed on PC’s 🤣 every console has SDKs and tools specific for the platform running on PC’s / workstations.

How does this address the statement that Xbox Series X are not running on these SDK's and tools?

Lysandros

Games are developed on PCs , dev kits are used for testing .

X360 games where shown almost enterly up unto launch on PowerPC’s.

But the shocker is PS5 games are also developed on PC’s 🤣 every console has SDKs and tools specific for the platform running on PC’s / workstations.
You think that a game 'development' kit is used for only 'testing', like really?

Journey

Banned
And yet we haven't seen anything running on XBSX we don't know the price and we don't know the exact day launch, it's fantastic.....

We don't know the price and we don't know the exact day launch of PS5 either...

tenor.gif

sainraja

You contradicted yourself. Sorry to call you out on it but this is an example of the problem. Fanatics have chosen what to buy but most people have not. Both console makers better get their message together and start the marketing blitz very soon.

I think things will be a little different this time around given people have started to amass a digital library. That's definitely going to influence.

Lysandros

Yup and debugging , and play testing , programming is done on workstations .

You think all devs of Ubisoft have devkits To program code on ? They can’t even produce that many if ea / Ubisoft need one for every developer.
Your definition seems to be broader now, so that's better. Programming, compiling, optimizing code can be absolutely done (and it's done) on GDK's and number of dev kits per developer is irrelevant. The important thing is GDK is like a bridge between PC and retail console in game creation chain and it's absolutely necessary. Without GDK no console game can be created and shipped to the end user.

the_master

You think that a game 'development' kit is used for only 'testing', like really?
What do you think the dev kits are for?
They are used for making sure the game runs well on the console, debug through them and optimise for them. Try all trcs try with the real hardware and all its features... But the developement happens on a pc, which has all the tools :)

Lysandros

What do you think the dev kits are for?
They are used for making sure the game runs well on the console, debug through them and optimise for them. Try all trcs try with the real hardware and all its features... But the developement happens on a pc, which has all the tools :)
I know that games (assets, animations, environments ect.) are 'created' on PC's. What i am basically saying is GDK's are necessary and important for console game 'development' (!) process.

im lil drunk but wasnt it atleast 2x360 sales number cuz of that red thingy ?so actually same as with xone..nuh not gona get graicy wars but .. :p

Nah, it was nowhere near that. RROD mainly affected launch-period 360 units and some of the 2nd-wave units. I'd venture it "only" seriously affected units manufactured between 2005 and 2007. Even then, some of the later replacements were redesigned between later parts of '06 and '07 to significantly cut down on RROD potential, and a good chunk of what systems still had RROD risk were earlier systems just in the distribution network. 2008 was around the time new 360s regularly were pretty reliable.

WW sales of 360 by around Sept 2007 were about 12-13 million. Can't find anything else beyond that but I guess we can assume by early 2008 they were around 15 million WW. RROD, IIRC (thinking of StopSkeletonsFromFighting's video here but I haven't seen it in months so could be fuzzy) was affecting about 40% of systems. So about 6 million units out there (sold-through, maybe slighty more if also including sold-in) with heightened risk of RROD. Which is why they offered the extended 3-year warranty on all systems regardless if they fit the risk or not.

PresetError

Neophyte
Two months ago I would have said no way Sony allows Microsoft to launch the Series X a single day earlier than the PS5. Now I think it's perfectly possible.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
I'm sticking with the prediction I have had since late last year/early this year.

Friday November 6th, 2020 - Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S
Friday November 20th, 2020 - PlayStation 5 Digital Edition and PlayStation 5 Disc Edition

hard_boiled

Neophyte
In the COVID era it seems like time has simultaneously flown by & not moved at all. Just yesterday the lockdowns happened, but its now September. November feels like an eternity away, but it's next month.

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
So that “new hardware is 100% launching on November 13“ thread is actually going to be right? :messenger_open_mouth:

I just want to know price and lineups to decide if I’m going to bother before Christmas - or even next year at this point.

Ozzie666

The more and more disappointments and information that comes out, it makes me start to believe that Sony was potentially preparing for a 2019 release; this may explain why they seem more prepared. Microsoft could delay until March 2021 or something. But it seems they are hellbent on releasing, no matter the damage caused to their brand and the console. Perhaps they are confident they can recover quickly over the next 2 years. A small delay, might not be terrible for Microsoft.

It crushed a dominant Sony and it took them almost a wholen generation to claim their position....

And then the new generation happened and how did X1 do? Did it manage to catch up to PS4 like PS3 did to 360 with all the fuck ups Sony made? No, it rolled over and even next gen their hype and focus is of a washing machine release for MS.

Esppiral

And then the new generation happened and how did X1 do? Did it manage to catch up to PS4 like PS3 did to 360 with all the fuck ups Sony made? No, it rolled over and even next gen their hype and focus is of a washing machine release for MS.

We where talking about the ps360 gen. I know what happened afterwards I don't need history lessons 💁‍♂️

Skifi28

I'm more interested in the game launch dates rather than the console. Both Ratchet and Demon Souls are suggested to launch much sooner than originally anticipated. There's rumors that even GT7 might make it this year, now that would sell me a console.

I'm more interested in the game launch dates rather than the console. Both Ratchet and Demon Souls are suggested to launch much sooner than originally anticipated. There's rumors that even GT7 might make it this year, now that would sell me a console.
Neither of those games will launch this year

Top Bottom