• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VGCats Seems to Finally Have Its Act Together

sn00zer

VGcats isn't the worst webcomic, but it ain't got nothing on Castle Vidcons. A recent example:

cv0127a.jpg

I dont normally like Castle Vidcons.....but that is a good one

The jokes in VG Cats are not funny, but Scott is a talented artist.

I can't believe Tim Buckley has fans supporting him for over $3000 a month, in addition to whatever income he makes off CAD website ads. No accounting for taste.

I stopped reading Penny Arcade a while ago. Mike switched to an obvious John Kricfalusi-influenced style and I don't like his character models. I don't think Jerry writes jokes as funny as he once did, also. I do like the non-Gabe and Tycho strips from them, though.

Are we all just posting our favorite webcomics now?

http://limbero.org/jl8/1

This is really, really good. The art is great, the Sunday paper-layout works so well, he's captured the characters and their personalities. Since he seems to be doing sanctioned DC work, I'd love to see a book of this someday.

Ferrio

Banned
Guys, a new comic is out that I think will change your negative opinion of vgcats unlike the ones posted in the OP

BLJhAhi.jpg

Okay maybe not...

Toxi

Banned
I don't get it
That's because it's a shitty comic that doesn't set up the joke beforehand, expecting its audience to get a reference. A lot of video game comics make the same mistake.

This is what Hitmonlee looks like normally.

ani106.gif

Het_Nkik

That thing didn't look round enough to be Hitmonlee to me. I thought it was some new Pokemon with which I wasn't familiar.

Toxi

Banned
That thing didn't look round enough to be Hitmonlee to me. I thought it was some new Pokemon with which I wasn't familiar.
That's another issue: It's kinda hard to recognize the Pokemon known for kicking when you don't include his legs in the picture. Should have used something like Magnemite.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Yeah, I want to thank this thread for making me aware of Whomp. I got through the entire archives over the course of a couple of weeks, and it is just a really solid and consistently funny comic. Some misses, but mostly hits. I feel that he perfectly captures the whole "feeling incredibly awkward in a situation where you shouldn't feel awkward at all" thing.

I used to read f@nboys but fell way behind, SMBC is good,and so is Nedroid.

Perry Fellowship Bible will almost be one of my favorites.
ba4aN5i.gif

Cyanide and Happiness still makes me laugh too, more often than not.
MSUSiGq.jpg

I also like Nerd Rage.
qfzNI6R.jpg

lc70cEm.jpg

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
GAF and VGCats are like oil and water. This thread won't get much mileage.

cj_iwakura

Guys, a new comic is out that I think will change your negative opinion of vgcats unlike the ones posted in the OP

BLJhAhi.jpg

Okay maybe not...

I enjoy the ones in the OP, haters gon' hate. Scott's been at it for years, that's something to admire, not revile.

Koppee

Neo Member
Whenever I see Scott at the Anime North convention I shake my head at his booth. His comics were awesome and then they just got really dull and hardly came out. These recent comics aren't awful but he's going in the right direction at least.

Top Bottom