• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VGLeaks Durango specs: x64 8-core CPU @1.6GHz, 8GB DDR3 + 32MB ESRAM, 50GB 6x BD...

TheOddOne

Orbis is looking pretty close to a full leap, durango is looking like a 1/2 leap.
tumblr_mb53nbuO3P1qatar1o1_500.gif

Apath

The PS3 and 360 had exactly the same thing didn't they? One core used for physics and another CPU etc. I remember a PC website at the time of the PS3 launch saying how PC graphics cards that would be coming out after the PS3 launch would have to have a separate physics chip on board in order to keep up with what the PS3 could do. I don't know if that's actually how it turned out for the consoles though.
How is your avatar allowed? It blatantly looks like he's getting his dick sucked, and I doubt it not actually being the case would matter if browsing GAF at work or school.

mrgreen

Banned
It almost doesn't seem real to me that this is the year that a new Xbox will be released.

It's weird to me how it's seemingly going to take new, more powerful consoles, just for modern PC's to be utilised as they should/could be. I thought The Witcher 2 was showcasing what a PC can do that the consoles could not, but the 360 managed to do a great job of running it. I'm not sure what will be the technical stuff that will be available on the new consoles in less than a years time, but I can't wait to find out.

Saberus

Doesn't matter what system your loyal to, the main fact is we are finally getting new hardware and it's a very exciting time for everyone. Just waiting for the next bit of good news is hard :)

Spongebob

Banned
Well no problem, just explain what you meant to say in the first place then.

What I meant to say is that Orbis will be closer to/greater than a generational leap than Durango, which will be closer to the 1/2 leap. Didn't mean to say that Durango would be a 1/2 leap.

Jack_AG

Banned
Doesn't matter what system your loyal to, the main fact is we are finally getting new hardware and it's a very exciting time for everyone. Just waiting for the next bit of good news is hard :)

It is hard. I don't care which system is more powerful, TBH, I think they will both melt my face right off... my face. I'm still miffed about that Live paywall tho :( That's about the only thing keeping me from fully diving head first into the complete XBOX experience. Everything else is great. If MS gets rid of the paywall then I'd be Orbis/Durango all day every fuggin day as they both have (looking at history) great exclusives. I expect next-gen to serve no less awesome than this one did. Good times will be had by all, for sure.

Jack_AG

Banned
What I meant to say is that Orbis will be closer to/greater than a generational leap than Durango, which will be closer to the 1/2 leap. Didn't mean to say that Durango would be a 1/2 leap.

We get what you were saying - just using you as a punching bag for fun :) Goes with the territory (junior).

Yep. These are the same cores you would expect to find in tablets and smartphones.

yes, however it should be noted that this is XBox we're talking about. Xenon for example had IPC lower than the Pentium4, which was a disaster in its own right! a Jaguar CPU, although not comparable to a modern Intel CPU, is still nevertheless leagues beyond Xenon!

It is hard. I don't care which system is more powerful, TBH, I think they will both melt my face right off... my face. I'm still miffed about that Live paywall tho :( That's about the only thing keeping me from fully diving head first into the complete XBOX experience. Everything else is great. If MS gets rid of the paywall then I'd be Orbis/Durango all day every fuggin day as they both have (looking at history) great exclusives. I expect next-gen to serve no less awesome than this one did. Good times will be had by all, for sure.

^ This.

Microsoft needs to offer a revolutionary Xbox Live 3.0, a "next gen" Xbox Live, just like Xbox Live 2.0 was in 2005. And stop treat as "second users" to Xbox Live Silver users.

Mario007

Were you trying to write that all Durango will be is a DVR with bloatware again?
It's hilarious because in the Orbis thread, he gives out to that developer who put on his blog that MS might be going with a DVR strategy and put win 8 equivalent on which would make it harder for developers to squeeze everything out of the machine.

Proelite

I think Lottes should write a piece about Durango assuming that its not a Windows 8 box without low level access, because his current blurb for the Durango is useless.

Krabardaf

But he is not a game developer ;)
True, very talented person, but maybe he lacks the background some game developers have. Production is almost never about micro optimizations, and faster/simpler API can favors a game where production time is limited. That is, almost every game.

We know almost everything about these machines. I would rather someone talk about the new controllers or launch titles.

I am curious to hear what "programmer" GAF has to say about the specs and ports between both machines.

Are there any rumors on the new Microsoft controller? And the only games that I've seen any credible information on has been Alan Wake 2 and Destiny, right?

I admit I went too far with some of my comments, but trust me I'm sane.

It's alright man, it's pretty easy to get heated up in threads.

No matter how the specs are, I will most likely buy an Orbis though, seeing as Xbox Live is STILL not supported yet in my country.

So I'm glad the specs are promising. Hopefully they can deliver in the OS/apps front too. (this is where MS has a large advantage imo)

Krabardaf

It's alright man, it's pretty easy to get heated up in threads.

No matter how the specs are, I will most likely buy an Orbis though, seeing as Xbox Live is STILL not supported yet in my country.

So I'm glad the specs are promising. Hopefully they can deliver in the OS/apps front too. (this is where MS has a large advantage imo)

Ah no XBL at all...where do you live if i may ask?
To be honest, i really prefer the simplicity of the PS3 OS right now. I even think i'd rather come back to the first 360 firmware if i could. Xbox Menu is a cool feature, but the main menu is downright horrible at any level imo.

Ah no XBL at all...where do you live if i may ask?
To be honest, i really prefer the simplicity of the PS3 OS right now. I even think i'd rather come back to the first 360 firmware if i could. Xbox Menu is a cool feature, but the main menu is downright horrible at any level imo.

Malaysia. Our neighbours at Singapore has XBL but for some reason they aren't making much of an effort in most Sout East Asian countries. We can't get Windows Games Live based games on Steam too.

CLEEK

In the US, sure.

The next Xbox will surely be announced with a fuck load of non-gaming partners and services. MS will really push out the boat to try and secure Xbox as the home entertainment hub.

Which will all break down for any Xbox owning chump that lives outside of NA. Being an Australian Xbox 360 owner, I reckon I have access to maybe 10% of the services my US cousins can use. And to rub salt into the wounds, MS expect me to pay a fucking subscription to use the handful of services (that are all available on other devices. For free).

I can completely understand why the 360 has been so successful in the US. I have no idea why it's popular in the UK and elsewhere. It's so US centric in everything it does.

I have no idea why it's popular in the UK and elsewhere. It's so US centric in everything it does.

There are a ton of apps available in the UK. Including Sky Player which I use almost daily and isn't available on any other console. If it wasn't for that, and that fact that all of my friends game on 360's I probably wouldn't pay though. They're going to have to have some compelling new feature to make the price seem worth it next gen.

Proelite

Are there any rumors on the new Microsoft controller? And the only games that I've seen any credible information on has been Alan Wake 2 and Destiny, right?

My prediction for E3:

Exclusives:
Alan Wake 2
LionHead MMO
Black Tusk Shooter Teaser
Ryse
New Epic Game
Forza 5/PGR
New AAA Rare Game
343 Teaser ???

Timed Exclusives
Destiny

Third Party First Peak:
Next Gen COD
Next Gen Madden
At least 4x more next gen games.

I'm in the more Ram is better camp, and if 3 GB of dedicated Ram makes the OS run faster then god bless. Most annoying thing about these consoles is how terribly slow it is to navigate to the content you want.

Top Bottom