• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VGLeaks Durango specs: x64 8-core CPU @1.6GHz, 8GB DDR3 + 32MB ESRAM, 50GB 6x BD...

Jadedx

Banned
Orbis: Zorro
Durango: Luffy
Wii U: Chopper in Pet form

Are you fucking kidding me? I just started to watch the latest episode of one piece:D

So this just means you still stick to the fact that you think Durango is more powerful.

BTW, is the secret sauce gear second or gear third?

Not sure if I'm being ridiculous or not but can you guys tell me if Durango's 8 core processor will boost 8 core support on PCs as well? Should I refrain from buying a Haswell CPU this summer if it doesn't feature 8 cores in fear of being outdated once next gen releases?

Chronos24

Guess ill try...

Orbis: mushrooms- Think its gonna be a great trip but its just a bad hallucination
Durango: crack/cocaine- Gets you pumped but you just end up spending all your money
WiiU: Cannabis- Fun with a group of people but normally just leaves you hungry and lazy

Seance

Banned
PC: Federer, Roger
Orbis: Nadal, Rafael
Durango: Djokovic, Novak
Wii U: Maria Sharapova

So:

Durango is the #1 and the most fun/likeable.
Orbis is truly outstanding most of the time but struggles to remain consistent.
PC was reigning champion for years previously, only recently getting a bit old and outdated and falling in behind the new Durango.
WiiU is an attractive yet infuriating piece of hardware the performs laughably bad a lot of the time. It is in a race of its own.

Hana-Bi

So, besides the tech - will Xbox Live be free for the 720? Any information on that?

If you'll focus on multimedia such a monthly extra fee could scare some possible buyers away from the 720.

DSN2K

Not sure if I'm being ridiculous or not but can you guys tell me if Durango's 8 core processor will boost 8 core support on PCs as well? Should I refrain from buying a Haswell CPU this summer if it doesn't feature 8 cores in fear of being outdated once next gen releases?

amd current 8 'core' processors are murdered by intels quad cores....so I wouldnt worry too much about how many cores you have.

Rapstah

So, besides the tech - will Xbox Live be free for the 720? Any information on that?

If you'll focus on multimedia such a monthly extra fee could scare some possible buyers away from the 720.

I don't think they've decided on it, and even if they have those are the kinds of things that leak last if at all.

Verendus

Banned

It won't be free.

People are dumb enough to continue paying for it, MS would be dumb not to continue charging for it. It's easy money.

EvB

I doubt it, 10 years of XBL amd 15million+ paying users? Why would you turn that revenue stream away?

CLEEK

I'm sure I've read in the past that Live subscriptions make $1b a year revenue.

There is absolutely no way MS will make this a free service. It's at the very heart of Xbox profits for them.

Ushae

Banned
The gold subscription will stay, but they will most likely sweeten the deal to incentivise the current non subscribers to take it out. Perhaps make current gold to a cheaper silver level, then allow a massive list of free apps/media for gold ? Who knows ..

Hana-Bi

I doubt it, 10 years of XBL amd 15million+ paying users? Why would you turn that revenue stream away?

Yeah, sure gamers would pay for that. But if you're okay with playing 3rd party titles and you have to decide on which console you'll be using netflix and other multimedia features, you'd probably decide against the 720.

coldfoot

Banned
Continuing with the aviation theme:

Orbis: Apache
Durango: Hind
Wii U: Radio Controlled helicopter they sell at the mall
PC: Airwolf

I think to developers it's the same as have 8GB of ram with 170 GB/ bandwith.
Unless these data move engines operate through magic that doesn't make sense. The data move engines would need to have a much faster bus to both rams to make it happen, but if they had such bus they would just plug the CPU and Gpu on that... Or at least it would have to be able to use an insane compressing algorithm with no delay XD

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Orbis: Mary
Durango: Sybil
Wii U: Edith

Top Bottom