• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VGTech: A Plague Tale Innocence PS5 vs Xbox Series X|S Frame Rate Comparison

Chukhopops

And Sony should buy us all VRR TVs. Who actually owns one? It seems like a bullet point for console wars more than anything at this point.

If you’re an enthusiast and did not make the mistake of buying a Sony TV, it’s not crazy that you would have a VRR TV in 2021.

If you have a gaming monitor, some form of VRR should be basically expected today.

JackMcGunns

Not true depend of the track the most powerful car won’t have any change to use it power because it tires will hold the use of that power.

You missed the word "Adequate" overkilling your tires will do nothing, a prime example is the PS4 Pro with 64 ROPS vs X1X having just 32 ROPS. 64 ROPS was overkill for PS4 Pro, it never once filled the pipeline and OneX never exceeded. Both PS5 and Series X have 64 ROPS now, except PS5 is running a higher frequency thus producing better numbers on paper, but at the resolution they're running games, there is no bottleneck in sight.

Last edited:
You missed the word "Adequate" overkilling your tires will do nothing, a prime example is the PS4 Pro with 64 ROPS vs X1X having just 32 ROPS. 64 ROPS was overkill for PS4 Pro, it never once filled the pipeline and OneX never exceeded. Both PS5 and Series X have 64 ROPS now, except PS5 is running a higher frequency thus producing better numbers on paper, but at the resolution they're running games, there is no bottleneck in sight.
Everything you wrote is not true. Only NDAed devs can make a statement about it. Not a gaming outlet.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.

If you’re an enthusiast and did not make the mistake of buying a Sony TV, it’s not crazy that you would have a VRR TV in 2021.

If you have a gaming monitor, some form of VRR should be basically expected today.
Sorry, a forum survey is nonsense. Probably off by a factor of 10x. Basically it is biased toward enthusiast and even worse, biased toward VRR owners to responds to the survey.

assurdum

Banned
Seems the game suffer of tearing just in the first level on ps5 looking vgtech. It doesn't make sense to me. Seems quite a lazy effort and sort of bug/glitch in vsync? Otherwise should tearing for the whole game not just in the introduction.

Last edited:

JackMcGunns

Sorry, a forum survey is nonsense. Probably off by a factor of 10x. Basically it is biased toward enthusiast and even worse, biased toward VRR owners to responds to the survey.

Enthusiasts are the ones that are playing games at 120FPS or buying Series X/PS5.

Try this combo. How many people have a TV that supports HDMI 2.1 with 120Hz, but does NOT support VRR? I mention this because it's the 120hz games (With the exception of Doom Eternal) that would most benefit from VRR as the framerates have been all over the place with these. The VRR narrative for 60fps is not even a thing, both PS5 and Series X have been on point with 60fps games.

THEAP99

Banned
playing the game right now on my series x. visually speaking, this game hurts my eyes. lots of objects seem so over exposed and the colors are off, giving a blurry look. but it does feel way more responsive than I remembered

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I played through the first few chapters on PS5, didn't really notice any tearing at all, and I'm usually good at picking that up (I hate it). Maybe because you mainly run straight forward in that section.

But I really don't think this game looks very good at all. The characters are decent, but everything else, eh. And yes, I've turned down the CA, before I did that the visuals were just a smeared out mess. I don't know how anyone could prefer looking at that, and I have no idea who made the fucked up decision that that should be the default.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
playing the game right now on my series x. visually speaking, this game hurts my eyes. lots of objects seem so over exposed and the colors are off, giving a blurry look. but it does feel way more responsive than I remembered

Turn down chromatic aberration if you haven't. It helps a ton, although the game still looks very soft.

Top Bottom