• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VGTech: Gran Turismo Sport demo - PS4 vs PS4 Pro Frame Rate Test

shandy706

I'm going to download the Demo tonight. Solid performance there, so that's great.

The game certainly isn't a looker in that video. The entire background looks like a static texture on the first race. The oval track is alright....performance holds close there too. That off-road track looks hideous...whats up with the physics/car movement?

Neith

Banned
I'm going to download the Demo tonight. Solid performance there, so that's great.

The game certainly isn't a looker in that video. The entire background looks like a static texture.

Game looks pretty damn great on the Pro IDK.

shandy706

Summary please... I don't watch videos.

Darn near solid 60 in the first race across all 3. Oval track/Nascar style race had some frame drops, but it was like 56fps at worse...that I noticed. Offroad a good 60 most of the time across the board. Replays are 30fps in PS4/Quality. In Pro framerate mode they're up and down near 60.

Really solid performance wise.

*Edit..Also, apparently, hitting someone at 130mph just makes you bounce off and you keep on trucking.

BigEmil

So choose PS4 Pro Frame mode for 60fps replays otherwise it's pretty stable 60fps on both PS4 and PS4 Pro in both modes on Pro throughout, if you have a Pro use Quality mode

Just on the oval circuit OG PS4 for few seconds to 57fps then back to 60fps for the rest of the match

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Wait, can someone briefly write down the differences in Quality and Frame (rate?) mode ?

Guessing Quality is 4K and frame rate is 1080p

edit: its in the video details:

The PS4 and the PS4 Pro in Prioritise Frame Rate Mode render at a native resolution of 1920x1080. Note that the Prioritise Frame Rate Mode is only available when the PS4 Pro is outputting at 1080p. The PS4 Pro renders at a resolution of 3200x1800 using checkerboard rendering when outputting at 4k and this can be downsampled to 1080p by selecting the Prioritise Quality Mode.

ethomaz

Banned
Darn near solid 60 in the first race across all 3. Oval track/Nascar style race had some frame drops, but it was like 56fps at worse...that I noticed. Offroad a good 60 most of the time across the board. Replays are 30fps in PS4/Quality. In Pro framerate mode they're up and down near 60.

*Edit..Also, apparently, hitting someone at 130mph just makes you bounce off and you keep on trucking.
Seems good but there are some room to optimizations.

Thanks btw.

adamsapple

Damn. That was some real solid 60 FPS performance on all fronts during the race. OG PS4 had some minor dips but this seems like the most solid performing GT game so far.

Was expecting some drops in the PS4 Pro Quality mode but only one instance of it dropping to 59 FPS in the video. Fantastic.

Gestault

Solid performance in the first scenario, and only base PS4 hit a few lows during the oval track sample.

Are the primary headlights supposed to be on in the third scenario? I don't think I'm exagerrating when I say the lighting only seems to project immediately in front of the car, and that's a rally lighting setup, which should be pretty pronounced.

ShutterMunster

You can also see the difference in replay quality between 30/60. It appears DOF & Motion blur are greatly reduced for the 60FPS replays. AA seems to be the same though. Someone who is more knowledgeable about graphics tech may be able to spot some other differences.

BigEmil

You can also see the difference in replay quality between 30/60. It appears DOF & Motion blur are greatly reduced for the 60FPS replays. AA seems to be the same though. Someone who is more knowledgeable about graphics tech may be able to spot some other differences.
Just mainly from 1800cb to 1080p helped mostly for the 60fps replay mode id say outside of res don't see much difference

It makes no sense for people to use Pro Framerate mode over Pro Quality mode

As Pro quality is solid 60fps, unless you really want that 60fps replay mode too

You can manually force PS4 Pro to output at 1080p that will allow you to choose framerate option in game.

Why do I have to do this outside of the game? This is just odd. You would figure that atleast Sony games could do that right, but it's just all over the place with Pro choices.

adamsapple

Why do I have to do this outside of the game? This is just odd. You would figure that atleast Sony games could do that right, but it's just all over the place with Pro choices.

Do we know for sure the game doesn't have a simple toggle in the options menu ?

A bunch of Pro enabled games let users toggle it.

Yep, like I said in my comment on the demo thread, collision detection still sucks. :/

sasuke_91

And here I thought my eyes deceived me when I didn't notice a difference betweem quality and framerate mode. Quality mode all the way!
The game is such a looker. Basically perfect IQ and that lighting is superb. Cool to see that the performance holds up as well.

Top Bottom