• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VGTech: LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga PS5 vs Xbox Series X|S Frame Rate Comparison

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
There has been some terrible games, unfortunately. that ghostrunner game (which the current gen ports were outsourced) for example.

Basically smaller indie games and some smaller third party or quick upgraded ports of last gen games where we got pages of crazy theory of the bottlenecks and diagrams of the series x explaining why it wasn't performing on par with the ps5. I even mentioned that it would probably just be a bad port, or less focus from an outsourced team but you would have a lot of replies on how split memory and whatever else was a bottleneck when i would imagine it wasn't.

Obviously, you reach a point that you understand you are talking to people with an agenda and no real reasoning.

There is something obviously off here with this game, but maybe there is also something where this engine doesn't work well with more narrow design gpus. It would be interesting to see what gpu on PC that have a similar CU arrangement to ps5 (5700xt) for example handles this game. We know the PC port is pretty damn good, so it would favour it too.

I would just like to add, I can't see how such a bad engine can deliver such a great looking game with excellent performance on so many platforms. The evidence just doesn't add up to me.

It doesn't have any stutter like unreal engine, no direct x 12 issues. Has no texture pop in or draw distance issues. I've only seen the odd bug of infinite loading on a couple of occasions but nothing compared to what we have seen in games like elden ring or horizon forbidden west.
Bang on the money !

I was tempted to insert the Cerny "Pretty cool" gif in this and the DF thread but I would imagine most of us think something was not quite right with this as it should be far closer.
Imagine the size of this thread if the shoe was on the other foot and dare I say would the DF thread of even been closed.

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
Are people really using this one game to prove that "massive difference in power" between the two consoles?

The game DRS range is from 1080p to 2160p on XSX. Doesn't that give them a clue that there is something wrong with the game's optimization?

And if one-off instances were enough to prove the power, does that mean that PS5 was more powerful than XSX in February 2022 when Elden Ring was released? And now suddenly it is less powerful than XSX in April 2022 when Lego Star Wars was released? lol.
No. So if Ps5 gets updated don't make out everyone is, just one or 2 posters.
Just saying.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
There has been some terrible games, unfortunately. that ghostrunner game (which the current gen oorts wereoutsourced) for example.

Basically smaller indie games and some smaller third party or quick upgraded ports of last gen games where we got pages of crazy theory of the bottlenecks and diagrams of the series x explaining why it wasn't performing on par with the ps5. I even mentioned that it would probably just be a bad port, or less focus from an outsourced team but you would have a lot of replies on how split memory and whatever else was a bottleneck when it obviously wasn't.

Sure, there have been plenty of games where optimization has been highlighted as the culprit for XSX. I don't recall any this significant though.

There is something obviously off here with this game, but maybe there is also something where this engine doesn't work well with more narrow design gpus. It would be interesting to see what gpu on PC that have a similar CU arrangement to ps5 (5700xt) for example handles this game.

PC doesn't use DRS in this game so it wouldn't be a like/like comparison. I saw one video where the game was running on a 5700 XT at 4k and around 40 fps, but comparing that to DRS doesn't make much sense to me.

I would just like to add, I can't see how such a bad engine can deliver such a great looking game with excellent performance on so many platforms. The evidence just doesn't add up to me.

It doesn't have any stutter like unreal engine, no direct x 12 issues. Has no texture pop in or draw distance issues. I've only seen the odd bug of infinite loading on a couple of occasions but nothing compared to what we have seen in games like elden ring or horizon forbidden west.

DF had an entire section of their video highlighting the weird issues with frame rate in this game on consoles so I'm not sure where this idea that this game runs "excellent" is coming from.

I'm not going to rehash the engine issues again, but the devs feelings on the matter were quite clear as far as I'm concerned. Does that have any bearing on the performance results? I have no idea.

still tho, if a 4.4TFLOPs GPU from 2017 can perform almost at the same level as a PS5, you know there's something wrong here.

the only thing different here seems to be that whatever is wrong with this game doesn't affect one console as much as another console. this could be for many reasons like one of the chosen settings acting up... or maybe there's a value set to the wrong number in one version but not the other.
or it could be that whatever is wrong with the game can be brute forced past by the Series X but not the PS5 for one reason or another... could be that having more GPU cores helps with whatever is wrong with this game

Right....so regardless of which games are worse for comparisons sake, I think it makes sense to not draw conclusions from this game until it is patched, just like other games have been in the past which resolved issues that previously affected results.

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Bang on the money !

I was tempted to insert the Cerny "Pretty cool" gif in this and the DF thread but I would imagine most of us think something was not quite right with this as it should be far closer.
Imagine the size of this thread if the shoe was on the other foot and dare I say would the DF thread of even been closed.
not to do whataboutisms, but I completely agree with you. If this was swaying this kind of technical difference in favour of the PS5 we all know there would be pages of pretty cool right gifs( I actually love those , no matter the context :D ) and pages upon pages of how the PS5 deserves to be outperforming the xbox due to some diagrams of its design and why the Xbox can't perform on par with the PS5 with just as many diagrams and theories on why, with mumbo jumbo of all these crazy tech theories that have been regurgitated on twitter for 3 years.

The reality is, imo. theres something about this game that favours the series S and X architecture, im putting it down to the wide GPU BUT then there is such a huge disparity that something isnt right with the PS5 version. The gulf shouldn't be this big, especially with worse performance and tearing. I imagine it will be patched on ps5 in the coming weeks/months.

It would be amazing if someone with a 5700XT could see how this game performs at 1440P and 4k etc with similar settings to console.

I wish someone at DF would take a more in depth look. Alex perhaps, as I think with such a gulf it deserves it. Also, they should reach out to the dev to find out. This isnt a small game, its one of the biggest releases of the year. Pretty huge from the sales data.....and for the umpteenth time.....Why is no one giving us a proper tech breakdown of the Switch version. I find it fascinating that it even exists when I look at the series X version.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
not to do whataboutisms, but I completely agree with you. If this was swaying this kind of technical difference in favour of the PS5 we all know there would be pages of pretty cool right gifs( I actually find those funny, no matter the context :D ) and pages upon pages of how the PS5 deserves to be outperforming the xbox due to some diagrams of its design and why the Xbox can't perform on par with the PS5 with just as many diagrams and theories on why, with mumbo jumbo of all these crazy tech theories that have been regurgitated on twitter for 3 years.

Well, you are getting something fairly similar from a few on the other side of these tech disputes so...it works both ways it would seem.

It would be amazing if someone with a 5700XT could see how this game performs at 1440P and 4k etc with similar settings to console.

This is the video I referred to earlier. It has three sections: 1080p, 1440p, and 4k. All running at max settings.

Last edited:

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
Well, you are getting something fairly similar from a few on the other side of these tech disputes so...it works both ways it would seem.

This is the video I referred to earlier. It has three sections: 1080p, 1440p, and 4k. All running at max settings.

Not exactly much action in that video.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly

YEah, this is pretty damn interesting. In a simple quieter section just running around the 5700XT is seeing ever so slight drops under 60FPS at 1440p, 40 FPS at 4k. It just cant handle it. The only thing now is we need it overclocking to a similar speed of the PS5s gpu but maybe this is where the issue lies. Now we need a gpu with a larger CU count but clocked closer to the seriex X.

Its more common knowledge that a larger CU count usually allows for higher resolution. I have a feeling this is why we are seeing some of the performance we are, I am sure there will be some tweaks that TT can do to improve the PS5 version though.

Thanks for bumping, id not seen the video before.

Topher

Gold Member
YEah, this is pretty damn interesting. In a simple quieter section just running around the 5700XT is seeing ever so slight drops under 60FPS at 1440p, 40 FPS at 4k. It just cant handle it. The only thing now is we need it overclocking to a similar speed of the PS5s gpu but maybe this is where the issue lies. Now we need a gpu with a larger CU count but clocked closer to the seriex X.

Its more common knowledge that a larger CU count usually allows for higher resolution. I have a feeling this is why we are seeing some of the performance we are, I am sure there will be some tweaks that TT can do to improve the PS5 version though.

Thanks for bumping, id not seen the video before.

Only one I've seen that is even remotely in the same ballpark as PS5/XSX even though it is a weaker GPU and entirely RDNA 1.0 and not DRS. And as Bogroll Bogroll points out it doesn't get into any intensive areas so not sure there is much to take from it.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Only one I've seen that is even remotely in the same ballpark as PS5/XSX even though it is a weaker GPU and entirely RDNA 1.0 and not DRS. And as Bogroll Bogroll points out it doesn't get into any intensive areas so not sure there is much to take from it.

Maybe a 6600 XT would be closer,, I have no idea lol. I find it quite interesting anyway.

You sure do like to clarify what the point is a lot don't you? Your clever, I'll give you that. The only chink in your armor is that you repeatedly clarify this point immediately after someone points out something positive towards Xbox.

Of course the differences haven't been this drastic thus far this gen. That's really not debatable at this point. People here trying to speculate as to why it might be happening here, and everytime someone suggests anything pointing to the PS5 perhaps not being at least equal to or superior than the XSX... It's immediately followed by you clarifying for the umpteenth time that we haven't seen this big a discrepancy before, and so that can't be the case. When someone finally comes along with a suggestion that suits your narrative, like the engine being responsible... You seem to have no problem with it.

This doesn't support the claim you believe it does. The story states that the engine wasn't as easy to develop for, and that it had some issues such as crashes, and saving problems. They also pointed to how many new employees would likely have an easier time working with UE5 vs their proprietary in house engine. None of those would cause the finished product to work just fine on all available platforms except one.

The most likely cause is poor optimization or a bug on the PS5 version.

I mean I never denied that the XSX can do some things better if that’s what your saying.

I’ll admit that I find the large difference in this game a bit shocking since all the previous ones had small differences. I believe it’s great that the XSX got a good version of the game but the PS5 deserves a good version as well. I know it maybe won’t be on par as the Xbox version but it should be this bad.

When it comes to the engine after reading the article it seems like the developers had issues with it. It appears that it made developing the game across multiple platforms a bit more difficult. If they are ditching it for something that’s easier to make multiplatform games with then that’s only a good thing.

They are going to use UE5 which is a pretty good engine that’s easy to make games on multiple platforms with. Pretty sure they will be able to take advantage of each systems strengths with it.

Sorry if I came off as an idiot who needs to be shot in a shed.

:messenger_sad_relieved:

I just personally don’t believe there’s a massive difference i hardware between these two systems. It would suck if it did because I paid full price for my PS5. It would definitely be an extreme case of buyers remorse for me.

Again I apologize for offending anyone here. That definitely wasn’t my intent.

Last edited:
The reality is, imo. theres something about this game that favours the series S and X architecture, im putting it down to the wide GPU BUT then there is such a huge disparity that something isnt right with the PS5 version. The gulf shouldn't be this big, especially with worse performance and tearing. I imagine it will be patched on ps5 in the coming weeks/months.

I'm certainly interested in finding out what's going on. The PS5 shouldn't run at a 1/4 of the resolution as the Series. Now I'm not expecting a fixed version to surpass the XSX version but the results should be a lot closer.

Hopefully DF contacts the devs and finds out what the heck is going on with this one.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly

I'm certainly interested in finding out what's going on. The PS5 shouldn't run at a 1/4 of the resolution as the Series. Now I'm not expecting a fixed version to surpass the XSX version but the results should be a lot closer.

Hopefully DF contacts the devs and finds out what the heck is going on with this one.

Completely agree, something is off with the ps5 version and I'd love to know more.

Completely agree, something is off with the ps5 version and I'd love to know more.

Not denying the XSX should have a resolution advantage but such a massive one shouldn't happen. Many multiplatform comparisons were close before I don't see why that would change all of a sudden.

Something weird is going on that's for sure.

Edit: to clarify to B bushwookie I'm not saying the XSX version should become worse to achieve parity. I'm just saying the PS5 version needs to be better which would be great for people who play the game on that platform.

Last edited:
Since the DF thread is closed just dropping by to confirm that, like VG Tech shows, it is definitely not locked 60fps on either console. There are whole levels where is seems to struggle to hit 60 so not sure where DF tested but they didn't test it that thoroughly I guess.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Since the DF thread is closed just dropping by to confirm that, like VG Tech shows, it is definitely not locked 60fps on either console. There are whole levels where is seems to struggle to hit 60 so not sure where DF tested but they didn't test it that thoroughly I guess.

I don't know, even based on VGTech it's 99% locked to 60 FPS (on Xbox at least). There's a separate issue about frame interpolation during cut-scenes but that's not performance drops.

Seems to perform pretty damn good at 60 FPS to me.

I don't know, even based on VGTech it's 99% locked to 60 FPS (on Xbox at least). There's a separate issue about frame interpolation during cut-scenes but that's not performance drops.

Seems to perform pretty damn good at 60 FPS to me.
I'm playing Co-op so it's maybe since it's just having to render everything twice but I notice the drops even through VRR so it is definitely hitting ~40fps and for sustained periods on some levels.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I'm playing Co-op so it's maybe since it's just having to render everything twice but I notice the drops even through VRR so it is definitely hitting ~40fps and for sustained periods on some levels.
Oh, that's a good point, I don't think any of the comparisons so far have done focus on co-op.

avin

The reality is, imo. theres something about this game that favours the series S and X architecture, im putting it down to the wide GPU BUT then there is such a huge disparity that something isnt right with the PS5 version.

Does that idea really work if you include series S as performing adequately? Looking it up, it only has 20 CUs, so hardly a wide GPU. I'd guess it's something else.

avin

But ps5 is all powerful it should just run it🤣 that was the narrative 2 years ago .. and the another one gifs flew around daily .. not ?? Surely it had nothing to do with tools / software and time .
Yeah I get it. There were some people who played off that for the all important wars, but they always fall away one by one.
Game development is quite difficult at the best of times. You have all the different CPUs, GPUs, Memory set ups and speed, different game engines, different APIs.
The PS3 is the perfect example of "tools" being an actual thing, which is quite funny that it was the Sony fanboys who were mocking it with the XSX.
Look at the absolute abortions that were called games at the beginning of the generations compared to what was seen when Naughty Dog and GG got moving.
The reality of the PS3 was that not only was it difficult to program but Sony had next to no real tools for those developers to work with. Sony set up their ICE team to work out the most effective way to program the Cell and to then set up a heap of tools to send out to all the studios working on PS3 games so they could get anything remotely equivalent to what they were doing on the 360.
The other funny thing is those same people laughing at the XSX tools meme were the same ones crying "Lazy Devs" and demanding that studios use the PS3 as the lead platform and then port to 360 because that way the PS3 versions wouldn't be shit.
Fanboys have short memories and generally disappear when they are proven wrong.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Are people really using this one game to prove that "massive difference in power" between the two consoles?

The game DRS range is from 1080p to 2160p on XSX. Doesn't that give them a clue that there is something wrong with the game's optimization?

And if one-off instances were enough to prove the power, does that mean that PS5 was more powerful than XSX in February 2022 when Elden Ring was released? And now suddenly it is less powerful than XSX in April 2022 when Lego Star Wars was released? lol.

okay good its sinking in, now apply this to every DF comparison video ever made.

Topher

Gold Member
Yeah I get it. There were some people who played off that for the all important wars, but they always fall away one by one.
Game development is quite difficult at the best of times. You have all the different CPUs, GPUs, Memory set ups and speed, different game engines, different APIs.
The PS3 is the perfect example of "tools" being an actual thing, which is quite funny that it was the Sony fanboys who were mocking it with the XSX.
Look at the absolute abortions that were called games at the beginning of the generations compared to what was seen when Naughty Dog and GG got moving.
The reality of the PS3 was that not only was it difficult to program but Sony had next to no real tools for those developers to work with. Sony set up their ICE team to work out the most effective way to program the Cell and to then set up a heap of tools to send out to all the studios working on PS3 games so they could get anything remotely equivalent to what they were doing on the 360.
The other funny thing is those same people laughing at the XSX tools meme were the same ones crying "Lazy Devs" and demanding that studios use the PS3 as the lead platform and then port to 360 because that way the PS3 versions wouldn't be shit.
Fanboys have short memories and generally disappear when they are proven wrong.

Weird that you "get" his post when it didn't make much sense. Two years ago was seven months before the consoles launched. There was no talk of tools and XSX was the one proclaimed as the "most powerful console ever made", not PS5. The tools narrative came around much later after the initial benchmarks were revealed.

Last edited:
Weird that you "get" his post when it didn't make much sense. Two years ago was seven months before the consoles launched. There was no talk of tools and XSX was the one proclaimed as the "most powerful console ever made", not PS5. The tools narrative came around much later after the initial benchmarks were revealed.

I remember Dealer talking about it. The tools situation was weird though as some devs didnt have an issue with then. Seems like it was more of the transition to a GDK from the SDK that threw some off. Not that the tools were broken.

Topher

Gold Member
I remember Dealer talking about it. The tools situation was weird though as some devs didnt have an issue with then. Seems like it was more of the transition to a GDK from the SDK that threw some off. Not that the tools were broken.

Richard Leadbetter emphasized that some devs had issues with it for whatever reason. The Dirt 5 dev said that was more than likely about inexperience than anything else. Either way, I still think it is weird that tools are being brought up again with this game when XSX isn't showing significant performance improvement over its previous games.

Last edited:
You are taking 2 years literally. They obviously mean around 2 years ago at the start of the generation.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Much later? The switch from XDK to GDK was known before launch.

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/7525...mes-for-devs-having-issues-on-xbox/index.html

Topher

Gold Member

Hendrick's

Correct, but the "narrative" of tools as far as actual game performance analysis wasn't a focus until the early games results were revealed. I certainly don't recall a thread prior to launch where Xbox fans were expressing concern over tools being an issue.
Why would Xbox fans express concern about performance before there were any games to evaluate? You aren't making any sense.

Topher

Gold Member
Why would Xbox fans express concern about performance before there were any games to evaluate? You aren't making any sense.

I'm saying I do not recall threads where Xbox fans expressed concern over reports like the article you posted prior to launch. That isn't the same as the "tools narrative" that brought forth after the games were evaluated.

Hendrick's

I'm saying I do not recall threads where Xbox fans expressed concern over reports like the article you posted prior to launch. That isn't the same as the "tools narrative" that brought forth after the games were evaluated.
Again, why would there be concern from gamers before there were games? The only people who would have first hand knowledge were the developers and they were expressing concern or at least acknowledging difficulties. And what do you think "tools' is in reference to? The GDK is the "tools". They are one in the same.

Topher

Gold Member
Again, why would there be concern from gamers before there were games? The only people who would have first hand knowledge were the developers and they were expressing concern or at least acknowledging difficulties. And what do you think "tools' is in reference to? The GDK is the "tools". They are one in the same.

So what was the point of posting that article? You are not making any sense.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Does that idea really work if you include series S as performing adequately? Looking it up, it only has 20 CUs, so hardly a wide GPU. I'd guess it's something else.

avin

Completely nailed it, and something I thought about today while I was out. The 20 CU series S is performing well at 60 fps so it can't be anything but a bad port on ps5, or a resolution issue with the engine.

The 60 fps mode on series s is performing quite well at 1080p etc. So if the ps5 is a little above 1440p on average I think that is over 2x the pixel count of 1080p? Maybe that is more inclined with the expected performance of series S at under 1080p and on average over 1440p of ps5.

No idea, hope DF delves into this deeper.

Last edited:
Completely nailed it, and something I thought about today while I was out. The 20 CU series S us performing well at 60 fps so it can't be anything but a bad port on ps5, or a resolution issue with the engine.

The 60 for mode on series s is performing quite well at 1080p etc. So if the ps5 is a little above 1440p on average I think that is over 2x the pixel count of 1080p? Maybe that is more inclined with the expected performance of series S at under 1080p and on average over 1440p of ps5.

If I'm understanding these changes comparisons correctly even at 1080P (around that) the PS5 has issues maintaining 60FPs. Does seem really strange when the XSS has less issues with framerate at those resolutions.

Topher

Gold Member
Completely nailed it, and something I thought about today while I was out. The 20 CU series S is performing well at 60 fps so it can't be anything but a bad port on ps5, or a resolution issue with the engine.

The 60 fps mode on series s is performing quite well at 1080p etc. So if the ps5 is a little above 1440p on average I think that is over 2x the pixel count of 1080p? Maybe that is more inclined with the expected performance of series S at under 1080p and on average over 1440p of ps5.

Patch 1.05 is supposed to be released soon so hopefully there will be some follow up like there have been in some previous games.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
If I'm understanding these changes comparisons correctly even at 1080P (around that) the PS5 has issues maintaining 60FPs. Does seem really strange when the XSS has less issues with framerate at those resolutions.

I think the series s is dropping resolution on the vertical axis to well under 1080p. Like 1250 x 1080 say, which is a lot under the 1920 x 1080p of full HD so maybe it is in line with what the ps5 is pulling off. Power vs performance wise. Not sure.

Last edited:
I think the series s is dropping resolution on the vertical axis to well under 1080p. Like 1250 x 1080 say, which is a lot under the 1920 x 1080p of full HD so maybe it is in line with what the ps5 is pulling off. Power vs performance wise. Not sure.

I don't think it's dropping as badly as the PS5 though. The PS5 has an upper DRS limit of 4K but it's dropping to a quarter of that resolution. Something that I'm not seeing with the XSS. To clear things up the XSS isn't dropping to a 1/4 of it's max resolution for example. Just seems like something is really off with the PS5 version when plenty of other games had a lot less severe drops.

Topher

Gold Member
Also Avengers. Pixel count advantage was as much as 100% for Series X in that game and 62% at worst in the 60fps mode with practically identical fps performance/consistency. PS5 checkerboards at 60fps, but not in the 30fps mode.

Wasn't Avengers running in BC mode on PS5?

still tho, if a 4.4TFLOPs GPU from 2017 can perform almost at the same level as a PS5, you know there's something wrong here.

the only thing different here seems to be that whatever is wrong with this game doesn't affect one console as much as another console. this could be for many reasons like one of the chosen settings acting up... or maybe there's a value set to the wrong number in one version but not the other.
or it could be that whatever is wrong with the game can be brute forced past by the Series X but not the PS5 for one reason or another... could be that having more GPU cores helps with whatever is wrong with this game

The dead giveaway there's an optimization issue with the PS5 version is how low in the screen the tearing occurs according to the data. Performance is so bad (only maintaining 60fps 89% of the time in the analyzed frames) that when such a thing happens, of course the PS5 will be unable to maintain more consistently higher resolutions with a DRS window that drops to as low as 1080p.

I do confidently believe the PS5, if those issues are ironed out, compares a lot more favorably to the Series X version. And I expect a patch to come to correct this.

Doesn't Sony own those devs now?

Sony owns one of the main developers that partnered with Crystal Dynamics on that game, yes, Nixxes. A very top tier and talented studio. Will no doubt be handling Playstation ports to PC, but if Sony is smart they utilize them for much more than that.

I do confidently believe the PS5, if those issues are ironed out, compares a lot more favorably to the Series X version. And I expect a patch to come to correct this.

Same I've noticed the behavior was strange this title. Even though the PS5 shouldn't have the edge in resolution it shouldn't be this bad.

I'm not sure if the devs will fix it but we have to wait and see what they do.

Sony owns one of the main developers that partnered with Crystal Dynamics on that game, yes, Nixxes. A very top tier and talented studio. Will no doubt be handling Playstation ports to PC, but if Sony is smart they utilize them for much more than that.

You missed out the comment from Sony where they said they would aid their other studios?

I remember there was a Sony studio that mentioned getting help from Nixxis. Dont remember who they are though.

Same I've noticed the behavior was strange this title. Even though the PS5 shouldn't have the edge in resolution it shouldn't be this bad.

I'm not sure if the devs will fix it but we have to wait and see what they do.

They MUST fix it. If the only problem was resolution that would be one thing, but it's the fps performance and tearing that has to be cleaned up.

They MUST fix it. If the only problem was resolution that would be one thing, but it's the fps performance and tearing that has to be cleaned up.

The resolution still shouldn't drop that low though. I mean from 4K to 1080P that's a huge drop. Plus there's those performance issues that you mentioned. At that point it's just better to lock the PS5 at 1440P (like devs did with the Pro).

I just hope this puts to bed some of the narratives that had gone around in other game comparisons about the 'problems' with the Xbox Series design. How the split memory setup was a mistake and how performance issues are because of defective design.

It has always come down to software optimization and all current generation platforms are capable of excellent performance as long as the developers take the time to take advantage of a platforms' features. I'm certain the PS5 can do better here just like the XSS can better in other titles like MLB The Show 22.

Top Bottom