• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VGTech's COD Cold War 120FPS mode comparison

I don't know if you guys are in denial or just ignoring the facts that are clearly in front of your face. Waiting for RDNA2 and implementing dx12 slowed down getting the proper development tools ready in time.

Please.

It went from: Series X is the only full RDNA2 console. PS5 is RDNA1.5
Now: We're still waiting for RDNA2 on Series X.

Do you realise how stupid a defence this is? You think RDNA2 is a magic box of optimisations developers are waiting to get delivered by Parcelforce?

If performance (and/or smoothness) improves when you increase the resolution then it means there's most likely a bottleneck (usually CPU related in instances like this) that's manifesting itself at lower resolutions.

It's impossible to know for sure though unless we know what resolution the game is actually running at in both instances.

Or a software bug, which seems more likely than the X being CPU bound in a COD game.

Once again, you refuse to learn, this is on you dude.

Be better, you know what i am saying is true, i can not help you more than telling you the truth,

What you do with it, well that's your choice.

but you do know, this is what happened.

If you want to make things better, talk to the people on your side that started this shitshow.

Sorry it kinda hurts but its the truth dude. EVeryone here knows it.
I like PlayStation more than Xbox. You seem pretty deluded. Good luck though.

and you're a prime example of it, you have learned nothing.

Xbox started this war, you guys created this shit-storm, ps5 people retaliated, if you want to really make amends, its time you start calling out your fellow Xbox people, tell them to stop with their shit.

You know this is the truth.

you guys went on about it for months, now that the proof is in the pudding you hate the results, you hate the reaction.
It's your own fault your feeling bad, not mine, not anyone from the sony side.

You people poked the fucking hornet's nest and you got fucking stung big time.
Clean your home base up, it's always the same, it's always the Xbox fans instigating this shit.

i am here because of people like you. Dont play the victim card now that its turned out terrible for you.

i was absolutely neutral when i first came to this forum, but day after day after looking at the constant shit post after shit post of xbox people trying to make sony people look bad or feel terrible, i said enough is enough.

reap the whirlwind dude.

Sort out your side and this shit would not have happened.
I'm gonna reply again and apologize for responding in a combative way the first time. Sorry. It did little to get my point across. If you really feel this to be true then do yourself the service of actually going into threads about Xbox or PlayStation and see who the louder more shit posting group is. Just simply count the shit posts and you will see what I'm saying. I think you like PlayStation so you are coming from this defensive angle which just isn't true. These forums are nothing but arguments and one side is selling 2x1 so doesn't it just make sense that 1 side is going to have more shit posts coming from it and that the few anti Sony posts will stick out more from the sea of high five posts? I've gone thru many threads reading and I actually tally while going. It's not 100% but in most threads the most shit talking is from the Sony side and it's greater the 2-1. Take that how you will and I really hope you do before you try and bully the minority here.

sircaw

Banned
I'm gonna reply again and apologize for responding in a combative way the first time. Sorry. It did little to get my point across. If you really feel this to be true then do yourself the service of actually going into threads about Xbox or PlayStation and see who the louder more shit posting group is. Just simply count the shit posts and you will see what I'm saying. I think you like PlayStation so you are coming from this defensive angle which just isn't true. These forums are nothing but arguments and one side is selling 2x1 so doesn't it just make sense that 1 side is going to have more shit posts coming from it and that the few anti Sony posts will stick out more from the sea of high five posts? I've gone thru many threads reading and I actually tally while going. It's not 100% but in most threads the most shit talking is from the Sony side and it's greater the 2-1. Take that how you will and I really hope you do before you try and bully the minority here.

When i first joined this forum, i hung out in the spec thread only.

but i did watch other threads.

The specs for the machines have been out for ages, we knew about how many many months ago.

Ask your self this please, in what way would sony fans be able to come out and try to degrade the xbox when the specs are deemed so much less on a comparison sheet.

Everything besides the ssd was meant to be far better on the xbox. and oh boy did the xbox fans let us know it.

12- vs 10.3 ---------------Explain to me how sony fans was meant to fight this narrative.
Microsofts bigger memory pool, often touted as superior -------Again how is sony meant to come out and fight this. did you see people saying 10.3 is going to beat 12 ,no all your so war the power of 12 tflops.
Xbox people went to town on this,

You have either missed the vast majority of these events or your just plain avoiding them. the amount of Dealer crap, eastwood, deedog, timdog, walkingfucking dog, blue nacho, Astra, dusk fucking golem that got repeated her as if it was gods gospil. and there are many many more names i can add to that that talked shit about sony or threw shade. Half of the hardcore xbox people have disappeared, why you ask, because they know what they have done and don't want to face the consequences of it. When you win a comparison down the line they will be back, doing the same shit all over again.

Like i said, you want peace, you want it better here, well so do i, but start with your side of the fence.

Then we have the clones of these people on this forum, thegreatwhiteshark, did you ever read his posts, none stop shit posting bullshit, then there was eastwood, sleep doc, xfighter, you got Kagy k, Tricky riky, sorry dude i love you really, leftthumbnail, satansarse or what ever his name is. Orko, dynamite cop. All these people going on with there. none stop bullshit for months, you need to move away from your bubble and actually see what went on.

The list goes on dude, i am afraid you're blinded to what has really happened on this forum.

For every reaction there is another reaction, a consequence, this backlash is the hardcore xbox peoples fault.

Address them before you look to blame others.

Last edited:
Which=both
Hence the differences.

Higher resolution=more GPU
Lower Resolution=more CPU
1u45dy.jpg

Do you not understand what output is?

Mr Moose

tenor.gif
Weird, I thought Series X version was said to have RT too? Maybe in a patch.
Edit: Yup it's advertised as having it:
Newcomers get the chance to experience one of the most thrilling cyberpunk stories in all its next-gen glory: boasting 4K resolution, upgraded textures, new animations, models and effects, and transformed with jaw-dropping Ray-Tracing and HDR lighting.

Last edited:
When i first joined this forum, i hung out in the spec thread only.

but i did watch other threads.

The specs for the machines have been out for ages, we knew about how many many months ago.

Ask your self this please, in what way would sony fans be able to come out and try to degrade the xbox when the specs are deemed so much less on a comparison sheet.

Everything besides the ssd was meant to be far better on the xbox. and oh boy did the xbox fans let us know it.

12- vs 10.3 ---------------Explain to me how sony fans was meant to fight this narrative.
Microsofts bigger memory pool, often touted as superior -------Again how is sony meant to come out and fight this. did you see people saying 10.3 is going to beat 12 ,no all your so war the power of 12 tflops.
Xbox people went to town on this,

You have either missed the vast majority of these events or your just plain avoiding them. the amount of Dealer crap, eastwood, deedog, timdog, walkingfucking dog, blue nacho, Astra, dusk fucking golem that got repeated her as if it was gods gospil. and there are many many more names i can add to that that talked shit about sony or threw shade. Half of the hardcore xbox people have disappeared, why you ask, because they know what they have done and don't want to face the consequences of it. When you win a comparison down the line they will be back, doing the same shit all over again.

Like i said, you want peace, you want it better here, well so do i, but start with your side of the fence.

Then we have the clones of these people on this forum, thegreatwhiteshark, did you ever read his posts, none stop shit posting bullshit, then there was eastwood, sleep doc, xfighter, you got Kagy k, Tricky riky, sorry dude i love you really, leftthumbnail, satansarse or what ever his name is. Orko, dynamite cop. All these people going on with there. none stop bullshit for months, you need to move away from your bubble and actually see what went on.

The list goes on dude, i am afraid you're blinded to what has really happened on this forum.

For every reaction there is another reaction, a consequence, this backlash is the hardcore xbox peoples fault.

Address them before you look to blame others.
Do you not see your problem of having to win? I can assure you there have been plenty of bullshit from the Sony side and again to a larger degree. I swear to god the most used word on this forum is exclusives. If you don't see your side the larger side by more then double to be a problem as well I just don't know what to say. Somehow plastic boxes blinded you to reason. Why would you possibly expect better behavior from another group than the one you associate with? You are both to blame and again the Sony side is louder.
Who drove John off this forum? Fuck look at the amount of hate and anger towards Alex. There is quite literally posts about wanting him dead and calling him a Nazi because he doesn't like PlayStation. Your side is just as bad but twice as big. Accept that. You are all losers in this. Petty and childish.

sircaw

Banned
Do you not see your problem of having to win? I can assure you there have been plenty of bullshit from the Sony side and again to a larger degree. I swear to god the most used word on this forum is exclusives. If you don't see your side the larger side by more then double to be a problem as well I just don't know what to say. Somehow plastic boxes blinded you to reason. Why would you possibly expect better behavior from another group than the one you associate with? You are both to blame and again the Sony side is louder.
Who drove John off this forum? Fuck look at the amount of hate and anger towards Alex. There is quite literally posts about wanting him dead and calling him a Nazi because he doesn't like PlayStation. Your side is just as bad but twice as big. Accept that. You are all losers in this. Petty and childish.

We are talking about fud here m8, created by xbox fans, did you not see the 52 point spread page of Fud. Try track it down, it is unbelievable. i had to stop adding to it, i could of gone to 100 pieces. it took me a few hours.

Track it down and read it, its incredible then try and go make one for the xbox from ps5 people,, your going to come short by a country mile.

I get you want to believe that its the ps5 people but its not , end of story.

Are there some bad sony people, your damn right there are, but the fud has mainly come from one side and in huge quantities?

Like i said, i get that its hard to hear, but the xbox people started this circus, so instead of arguing with me, track them down and ask them to stop talking shit.

Its hard now to put the genie back in the bottle onces its out, this needs to be a lesson to xbox fans. hopefully, they learn from it.

If you are a genuine fan, i am sorry you are caught up in this, but like i said, you know where to look, to focus your anger and it's not on me.

Have a good night.

Last edited:
We are talking about fud here m8, created by xbox fans, did you not see the 52 point spread page of Fud. Try track it down, it is unbelievable. i had to stop adding to it, i could of gone to 100 pieces. it took me a few hours.

Track it down and read it, its incredible then try and go make one for the xbox from ps5 people,, your going to come short by a country mile.

I get you don't want to believe that its the ps5 people but its a fact, end of story.

Are there some bad sony people, your damn right there are, but the fud has mainly come from one side and in huge quantities?

Like i said, i get that its hard to hear, but the xbox people started this circus, so instead of arguing with me, track them down and ask them to stop talking shit.

Its hard now to put the genie back in the bottle onces its out, this needs to be a lesson to xbox fans. hopefully, they learn from it.

If you are a genuine fan, i am sorry you are caught up in this, but like i said, you know where to look, to focus your anger and it's not on me.

Have a good night.
You need to get something better in your life so people taking shit about consoles doesn't effect you so much. Try PC gaming. It's better.

sircaw

Banned
You need to get something better in your life so people taking shit about consoles doesn't effect you so much. Try PC gaming. It's better.

I have many things good in my life m8, thank you for your concern, however, it does not change the facts.

You have now gone full circle now, from arguing with me to now telling me to improve my life.

Our conversation is now done,

Last edited:

sircaw

Banned
NX seems to have a new full analysis from AC that shows the CPU is the big issue on Series X performance.

If that turns true then I believe in points:

1) Xbox OS is taking too much CPU
2) Xbox has less dedicated units to offload a lot of tasks from the CPU like PS5 has

Whats the difference between the cpus? did Cerny implement something into it?

Redlight

no, that's not correct, the reason people like me exist is that people like you started this shit.

You and your fud force of xbox people poked the bear for months with your constant belittlement of the ps5, this is your own fault, the chickens have come home to roost and its you that started all this.

Want to look at what the problem is and where all this shit started, Want to know the reason while your feeling awful atm and dealing with all this crap , go and look in the mirror sunshine, you will see the reason staring right back at you

You need to learn from this, you and the others, funsocks nad kagey k all of you, don't constantly insult ps5 people and then try to degrade their hardware for months and months then play the victim at the end.

No one is falling for your shit anymore.

I don't care if ps5 wins or loses but i care people get justice for the weak lame shit people like you pulled.

Remember, you asked for this.
Oh please. No one starts more shit on this forum than you do. You must live in here, posting constantly, in every thread, Xbox or not, constantly downplaying and dismissing one option then overplaying and over-hyping the other.

Your characterisation of some posters here is text-book projection. Mostly these people are not attacking the PS5 at all, just hosing down the outrageous hyperbole spread by the likes of you.

Be honest, there is a small group of you that have a relentless, bug-eyed obsession with commercial product. The number of those die-hards, and the unhinged fervour displayed by that group leaves any Xbox fanboy here in the shade.

Then, to top it off, comes the kind of juvenile, vaguely threatening garbage, posted by you, above - 'Poking the bear', 'You need to learn from this', 'You asked for this'.

What exactly is the 'this' that I've asked for? A temper-tantrum from a grown man with a grinning fish as his avatar? I hate to break it to you, but angry, butt-hurt posts from someone living in a gaming forum aren't that daunting.

By the way, I'm not feeling awful at all. Are you?

sircaw

Banned
Oh please. No one starts more shit on this forum than you do. You must live in here, posting constantly, in every thread, Xbox or not, constantly downplaying and dismissing one option then overplaying and over-hyping the other.

Your characterisation of some posters here is text-book projection. Mostly these people are not attacking the PS5 at all, just hosing down the outrageous hyperbole spread by the likes of you.

Be honest, there is a small group of you that have a relentless, bug-eyed obsession with commercial product. The number of those die-hards, and the unhinged fervour displayed by that group leaves any Xbox fanboy here in the shade.

Then, to top it off, comes the kind of juvenile, vaguely threatening garbage, posted by you, above - 'Poking the bear', 'You need to learn from this', 'You asked for this'.

What exactly is the 'this' that I've asked for? A temper-tantrum from a grown man with a grinning fish as his avatar? I hate to break it to you, but angry, butt-hurt posts from someone living in a gaming forum aren't that daunting.

By the way, I'm not feeling awful at all. Are you?

As per usual you can't see past your own bullshit, i have laid it out for you, there are lots of posts i have made for you to read, i suggest you read them and share them with the other fanatics. Remember the 52 points of fud about the ps5, i am sure as hell you do.

I get your lashing out, your upset things are not going your way, but all of this could have been avoided, if you and your xbox fanatics have done exactly what i and others said, there is no denying it.

Take you L and next time don't go around spreading fud and bullshit, and then come back crying where your entire world goes up in flames.

And as for feeling awful you should, people like you tried to ruin other peoples fun with you constant bull and it totally backfired, your a laughing stock on these forums because of it.

The only reason your upset is you got caught with your pants down and now your not man enough to own up to the shitstorm you started.

Absolutely pathetic, play stupid games you win silly prices.

Make this a mental note, when the next generation comes around, keep your mouth shut and don't spread fud, it won't hurt so much when people retaliate.

Last edited:

Redlight

As per usual you can't see past your own bullshit, i have laid it out for you, there are lots of posts i have made for you to read, i suggest you read them and share them with the other fanatics. Remember the 52 points of fud about the ps5, i am sure as hell you do.

I get your lashing out, your upset things are not going your way, but all of this could have been avoided, if you and your xbox fanatics have done exactly what i and others said, there is no denying it.

Take you L and next time don't go around spreading fud and bullshit, and then come back crying where your entire world goes up in flames.

And as for feeling awful you should, people like you tried to ruin other peoples fun with you constant bull and it totally backfired, your a laughing stock on these forums because of it.

The only reason your upset is you got caught with your pants down and now your not man enough to own up to the shitstorm you started.

Absolutely pathetic, play stupid games you win silly prices.

Make this a mental note, when the next generation comes around, keep your mouth shut and don't spread fud, it won't hurt so much when people retaliate.
Re-read your post, I'm the one lashing out?

Feel free to go back through my post history. I haven't attacked PS5, I haven't spread FUD. Sadly, far too many of my responses have been trying to hose down the utter insane ramblings of people like you.

If you had any integrity you'd apologise, however exaggeration and mischaracterisation seem to be your stock-in-trade so I won't hold my breath.

Your advice is that other posters should 'have done exactly what (you) said'. Why? To what end? The narcissism is amusing, though also a little disturbing.

There is no 'shitstorm', there is no 'all this' that could've been avoided. Why do you feel like there is? Are you fighting some kind of war that only exists in your own imagination?

My 'entire world goes up in flames'. Holy Jesus man, get a grip.

sircaw

Banned

Feel free to go back through my post history. I haven't attacked PS5, I haven't spread FUD. Sadly, far too many of my responses have been trying to hose down the utter insane ramblings of people like you.

If you had any integrity you'd apologise, however exaggeration and mischaracterisation seem to be your stock-in-trade so I won't hold my breath.

Your advice is that other posters should 'have done exactly what (you) said'. Why? To what end? The narcissism is amusing, though also a little disturbing.

There is no 'shitstorm', there is no 'all this' that could've been avoided. Why do you feel like there is? Are you fighting some kind of war that only exists in your own imagination?

i have tried to educate you on what did you wrong but instead, you have once again tried to deflect. it's not my job to correct you anymore. You can deflect and use silly words like narcissism, juvenile and you got a silly avatar picture. It's not going to make any difference to me.

You played silly games and you got caught, do what i have suggested and stop trying to make out you are innocent in this.

Where were you, when eastwood was talking shit, right next to him giving him lols and thumbs up.
Where were you when sleep doctor was acting like a total retard. complete silence from you.
Where have you been when fun socks, dynamite cop, kagey k and the list goes on with all their bullshit fud, .

I will tell you where you were, completely silent and giving them lols and thumbs up as you watched them tear in to sony fans with their constant dribble..

Not only are you a zealot, but you are also a hypocrite, the worst kind.

Take this arse kicking you got today, this last week as a lesson, not to be an arse hole and spread fud and support those that purposely try to ruin other people's fun.

People like you is/ are what make the community worse.

You move about slyly making posts and peddling your shit,

People have had enough of people like you, you're a shallow being that enjoys ruining other peoples fun.

i can see by your remarks your still not interested in making amends for all the crap you pulled.

You need to do some serious soul searching buddy and next don't play fucking stupid games, cos people like me will call you out.

Ps welcome to my ignore list and have a great generation.

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
NX seems to have a new full analysis from AC that shows the CPU is the big issue on Series X performance.

If that turns true then I believe in points:

1) Xbox OS is taking too much CPU
2) Xbox has less dedicated units to offload a lot of tasks from the CPU like PS5 has

CernyGod redeemed then

He's only begun to show his true power

Vick

giphy.gif

It ain't working chief.

You can pretend nothing happened, pretend countless Threads weren't derailed with Tom Cruise laughs at everyone attemptig to discuss why TP alone could not tell the whole story, throwing "paid" or "shill" left and right at every dev or knowledgeable person warning people to not be so sure about complicated matters, the hundreds of Threads opened just to spread FUD with users literally planning all this on Discord behind the scenes .. i mean, if you dare to say what you just said, you haven't been here near enough to have this kind of conversation.

And it's okay, i don't think i've ever seen a gaming board without CW, but i came on this Forum as a multiplatform gamer who just loves all kinds of good games and all i found myself doing was defending the exclusives i've played on PS4 against an incredibly hostile crowd, which i later found out is determined to downplay everything PS. The users sirclaw mentioned are just a little, insignificant portion. I have to assume you just were on vacation when Microsoft bought ZeniMax because a huge number of users weren't afraid of fully exposing themselves at the time. And i'll tell you, you have no idea how many people across multiple platforms are emotionally invested against Sony, as pathetic as that sounds. And you can act all cold and superior, but i've seen it.

S0ULZB0URNE

Yes, and do you not understand that regardless of the rendering resolution that changing the output from 1080p to 1440p actually fixes the performance issues.

Something is up with the software...
I explained in the other post why this could be.

We can expect similar improvements if PS5 supported 1440p.

Raonak

Banned
It doesn't matter if its tools, lack of optimisation, or something else. Whatever it is, its not giving xbox the win it desperately needs especially interms of early momentum.

giphy.gif

It ain't working chief.

You can pretend nothing happened, pretend countless Threads weren't derailed with Tom Cruise laughs at everyone attemptig to discuss why TP alone could not tell the whole story, throwing "paid" or "shill" left and right at every dev or knowledgeable person warning people to not be so sure about complicated matters, the hundreds of Threads opened just to spread FUD with users literally planning all this on Discord behind the scenes .. i mean, if you dare to say what you just said, you haven't been here near enough to have this kind of conversation.

And it's okay, i don't think i've ever seen a gaming board without CW, but i came on this Forum as a multiplatform gamer who just loves all kinds of good games and all i found myself doing was defending the exclusives i've played on PS4 against an incredibly hostile crowd, which i later found out is determined to downplay everything PS. The users sirclaw mentioned are just a little, insignificant portion. I have to assume you just were on vacation when Microsoft bought ZeniMax because a huge number of users weren't afraid of fully exposing themselves at the time. And i'll tell you, you have no idea how many people across multiple platforms are emotionally invested against Sony, as pathetic as that sounds. And you can act all cold and superior, but i've seen it.

You're making the mistake of giving the benefit of the doubt to a particular individual... the post history is there for you to read.

Victim card, disingenuous card, high road card.... strawmans... I've seen them all and while it's often amusing....it's more sad than anything else.

As for the topic.... seems like the findings are pretty much spot on. Nice to see other outlets start to eat into this particular niche, and eat away marketshare from the once monopoly.

Last edited:

Redlight

i have tried to educate you on what did you wrong but instead, you have once again tried to deflect. it's not my job to correct you anymore. You can deflect and use silly words like narcissism, juvenile and you got a silly avatar picture. It's not going to make any difference to me.

You played silly games and you got caught, do what i have suggested and stop trying to make out you are innocent in this.

Where were you, when eastwood was talking shit, right next to him giving him lols and thumbs up.
Where were you when sleep doctor was acting like a total retard. complete silence from you.
Where have you been when fun socks, dynamite cop, kagey k and the list goes on with all their bullshit fud, .

I will tell you where you were, completely silent and giving them lols and thumbs up as you watched them tear in to sony fans with their constant dribble..

Not only are you a zealot, but you are also a hypocrite, the worst kind.

Take this arse kicking you got today, this last week as a lesson, not to be an arse hole and spread fud and support those that purposely try to ruin other people's fun.

People like you is/ are what make the community worse.

You move about slyly making posts and peddling your shit,

People have had enough of people like you, you're a shallow being that enjoys ruining other peoples fun.

i can see by your remarks your still not interested in making amends for all the crap you pulled.

You need to do some serious soul searching buddy and next don't play fucking stupid games, cos people like me will call you out.

Ps welcome to my ignore list and have a great generation.
All those people you named are not me, so, um, good job? Have I liked some of their posts? Well, yes I have, I like to support posters that are reasonable in the face of lunacy. Are you keeping track?

That's a little creepy to be honest.

I assume you've gone to listing the 'likes' I've left because my post history is actually quite reasonable. That must've been annoying for you. A lot of your posts, on the other hand, are quite abusive and personal. There's a lot of projecting going on there, you should work on that.

From my experience the people you list are mostly trying to push back against the swooning hysteria and near religious dedication of your well understood crew. To a console of all things.

Ignore list away! I'll still comment on your posts, you just won't be able to spout any abuse in response. Works for me.

Redlight

giphy.gif

It ain't working chief.

This place is easily 75/25% pro Sony and that's likely conservative. Most Sony fans are fine here but there is a crowd of hardcore fanboys that dominate the discussions and roam to virtually any thread to downplay anything MS related and hype Sony to levels beyond normal 'fandom'. Everyone else seems pretty good to me but those guys are leaving a stain.

Zenimax? Were you here for the Halo Infinite reveal? Look at the graceless (and premature) victory laps being taken in this very thread.

I am also a multi-platform gamer (though not PC these days) and I've found the absolute opposite of you. Not all, but the vast majority of the most vapid, abusive and warrior-like behaviour comes from maybe a dozen or so hard-core Sony fanboys that are everywhere on this site. For awhile a lot of them stayed in the next-gen thread but a fence must've fallen down or something.

This place is easily 75/25% pro Sony and that's likely conservative. Most Sony fans are fine here but there is a crowd of hardcore fanboys that dominate the discussions and roam to virtually any thread to downplay anything MS related and hype Sony to levels beyond normal 'fandom'. Everyone else seems pretty good to me but those guys are leaving a stain.

Zenimax? Were you here for the Halo Infinite reveal? Look at the graceless (and premature) victory laps being taken in this very thread.

I am also a multi-platform gamer (though not PC these days) and I've found the absolute opposite of you. Not all, but the vast majority of the most vapid, abusive and warrior-like behaviour comes from maybe a dozen or so hard-core Sony fanboys that are everywhere on this site. For awhile a lot of them stayed in the next-gen thread but a fence must've fallen down or something.

Do you guys ever ask yourselves WHY there are so many SONY fans here? When I first starting posting on a gaming forum in the late 2000s the majority of posters were pro-xbox, including myself who got called an XBOT plenty of times by some of the pro-SONY people there (a much smaller contingent of that forum). I still remember them with the same victimization act I'm seeing here from the other side, one guy actually eventually posted here (he's a psychopath named Solid Champ and holy shit would he go on retarded tirades about how evil the XBOX people were and how the forum was conspiring against him, on here he was just SolidChamp as one word and his final post was him being a big baby like usual lol).

The amazing thing to me is how both sides have their shitheels even the side that's a minority, like it makes sense the more popular console in a generation has more fans but more fans means more potential for shitheads but I got this weird feeling that the reason the loser in a certain gen. seemingly has as many trouble makers is because they break down into a few types of people... 1. Brand loyalists, no mystery why they'd be annoying to deal with, 2. contrarians, again no mystery why they'd be annoying and 3. people with legit reasons to prefer x to y but even the third group can get fed up with their arguments not gaining traction and start posting like a jerk. To be honest, a lot of the lack of grace from SONY ponies in these threads seems to be a result of months of hearing from the usual suspects how the Series X would win all DF contests and they'd be eating crow, they sat through a whole year of hearing how Series X would win the argument on power and are enjoying themselves now, and hey... maybe sometimes too much or too far. But we need to examine everything in proper context.

Anyways, what's premature about the victory laps? Why did the Halo Infinite reveal require any form of grace? If people hadn't bitched like they did would it be getting delayed and improved? Doubtful. I think you're spot on that it takes a few prolific posters to make the image poor but it's true on both sides. Honestly only people it's not true of are Nintendo fans, never seen them act like fools on here to be honest.

This place is going to have more Sony fans because the planet has more Sony fans.

There's more Nintendo fans than Xbox here too I'd say, although slightly fewer than Sony due to the fact the kind of customers the big N attracts, tend not to be the types to go on forums.

Then there's the large contingent of PC gamers, who likely are more common than Xbox gamers, but PC doesn't tend to create the kind of hype console gaming does.

And you know what the real truth is, in regards to who has the worst fans?

All of them.

We're all arseholes to some degree, and every group has vocal idiots that can't keep an emotional disconnect from their hobby and purchasing choices.

Sony fans can be arrogant gits, taking delight in the schadenfreude this recent reveal of system parity has given them, but Xbox fans can be just as much of bunch obnoxious cunts, particularly with the zenimax buy out that objectively gave them nothing, but they were happy because they hope Playstation players will be losing out on something.

Frankly anyone getting upset about the current situation is being an idiot.

Two products at the same price point deliver overall the same experience. This is objectively a good thing.

Digital Foundry silence is getting pretty suspicious tbh. Well, thankfully we have others in the field now.
I assume they're as stumped as we are and want to try to have a coherent explanation for why the two machines are performing so comparably, but with noticeable occasional points of divergence, before putting anything out.

Their reputation is built entirely on knowing the how and why with game performance.

Between dynamic res, next gen visual effects and Cerny seemingly javinf performed some kind of magic trick with the PS5, nailing down exactly what the hell is going on right now is probably a bit of a nightmare, and they won't want to be proven wrong down the road by rushing something out.

Last edited:
Top Bottom