• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VGtech's RE3 Remake Analysis: XBONEX, PS4-PRO, PS4, XBONES......Is the final Game better on XBONEX?

thelastword

Banned
XBONEX received a patch in RE3 Remake in what was one of the biggest framerate disparities recently vs PS4-PRO. Rarely do we get patches that improve performance, but like many have been saying the XBONEX version's resolution was just way too high than it could muster and now that it has been reduced, XBONEX received a massive uptick in frames, which is ideally a better way to play the game...

Resolution: XBONEX and PRO are both at 1620P CB
Tearing: None

Stats after the XBONEX version was patched vs PRO....

SESHvGL.png

Fake

So, they drop resolution on Xbox One X? Surprise Surprise. At least the perfomance is better even than PRO.

thelastword

Banned
MS finally accepted the fact that frame rates are more important than 4k.
The way I see it, they could have locked 60fps at 1440p and give us a 4k 30fps option in the menu for the Rez chasers....PRO would have been able to output a 4k 30fps image just as easily as XBONEX...

All in all, the ever eternal thing in this is that framerate is always more paramount over REZ.....Now if you are locked at 60fps, say on a PS5 launch game at 4K native, you can go do other things like pushing more effects, graphical upgrades or even 5K resolution for better supersampling, but that's always the order that was the most logical.....After you get accustomed to the rez and graphics, your whole playthrough it's really the framerate which affects you....positively or negatively....

ethomaz

Banned
It should be that checkboard resolution since begining.

The push for the marketing 4k (even when checkboard) in detriment of the framerate is not a good ideia imo.

Alphagear

But when the Pro is on average 1.5 fps more or even 0.5fps more than X in face offs despite the X pushing twice the pixels as Pro it's the winner by miles cause framerate best etc. Idiots for real.
Who is talking about pixels? Im saying its disappointing considering how much more powerful it is compared to the Ps4 pro.

1.8tf more power for an extra 1.5fps at the same resolution.

I mean even if it was a solid 60fps throughout at the same resolution itwould be acceptable enough but that isn't the case. You telling me thats ok?

Last edited:

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
XBONEX received a patch in RE3 Remake in what was one of the biggest framerate disparities recently vs PS4-PRO. Rarely do we get patches that improve performance, but like many have been saying the XBONEX version's resolution was just way too high than it could muster and now that it has been reduced, XBONEX received a massive uptick in frames, which is ideally a better way to play the game...

Resolution: XBONEX and PRO are both at 1620P CB
Tearing: None

Stats after the XBONEX version was patched vs PRO....

SESHvGL.png

So after the patch is the game better in Xbox One X?

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
Who is talking about pixels? Im saying its disappointing considering how much more powerful it is compared to the Ps4 pro. 1.8tf more power for an extra 1.5fps at the same resolution. I mean even if it was a solid 60fps throughout at the same resolution if would be acceptable enough but that isn't the case. You telling me thats ok?
Well that's down to the dev and framerate is all that matters when that is slightly higher so its still better. And its funny how that poster can love your quote but fails to stand by his shield and defends its quotes, but no the poster scutters off under a rock like the coward they are. Nuff said.

Alphagear

Well that's down to the dev and framerate is all that matters when that is slightly higher so its still better. And its funny how that poster can love your quote but fails to stand by his shield and defends its quotes, but no the poster scutters off under a rock like the coward they are. Nuff said.

I am not slating Microsoft or Xbox One X here. The Xbox one X is more than capable of having a higher resolution plus 60fps.

Clearly this is developers fault and that was what I was pointing.

Anyway good to see it is now playable at a respectable framerate and decent resolution.

Tamy

Banned
Xbox One X performs worse than PS4 Pro despite a 40% gap in tflops.

Series X performs worse than PS5 despite a 16% gap in tflops?

That's only an idea dont fly at me with your insecurities Series X worshippers!

no, it does not. Actually, it runs much more stable now on xbox one X and even has a much higher res. Also, its not a 16% gap in tflops.. but yeah, math is hard

RobRSG

I don’t get why neither DF or VGTech pinpoint the difference in Anti Aliasing.

The game has all the shimmering In the world and blood, water spots, concrete floor with glitter. Horribly looking in PS4 Pro. It’s like One X has FXAA+TAA setting enabled, which makes things a tad blurrier (and it is the setting I use on PC), while Pro has something I’m not really able to match with PC settings that looks just awful.

So that’s a clear win for the One X in my book after the patch:

Better IQ and Framerate.

Last edited:

Segaswirl

I got my copy a few days after release so when I played through the game on the X it was with the patch. I decided to uninstall the patch to see what it was like and I find the difference in IQ quite noticeable. Also, without the patch during gameplay but more so if I leave the game on the intro screen the fans on my X spin up quite loudly, with the patch it's quiet. I guess with the patch the X isn't being worked as hard? Is it the same for anyone else with an X?

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
I got my copy a few days after release so when I played through the game on the X it was with the patch. I decided to uninstall the patch to see what it was like and I find the difference in IQ quite noticeable. Also, without the patch during gameplay but more so if I leave the game on the intro screen the fans on my X spin up quite loudly, with the patch it's quiet. I guess with the patch the X isn't being worked as hard? Is it the same for anyone else with an X?
I played the demo at 4k and i didn't notice that or in gameplay which i would imagine is more demanding than the intro screen.

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
I don’t get why neither DF or VGTech pinpoint the difference in Anti Aliasing.

The game has all the shimmering In the world and blood, water spots, concrete floor with glitter. Horribly looking in PS4 Pro. It’s like One X has FXAA+TAA setting enabled, which makes things a tad blurrier (and it is the setting I use on PC), while Pro has something I’m not really able to match with PC settings that looks just awful.

So that’s a clear win for the One X in my book after the patch:

Better IQ and Framerate.
I think DF did mention IQ was better on X, something about a higher internal resolution. But it's been a few days since i watched it, i maybe thinking of a different video.

RobRSG

I think DF did mention IQ was better on X, something about a higher internal resolution. But it's been a few days since i watched it, i maybe thinking of a different video.

It has more to it. AA is certainly a factor, a lower res image would have same properties, but blurrier. It’s very shimmery.

phil_t98

#SonyToo
these may not be the final patches, maybe after testing the X or the Pro could get higer res and still run well

Genx3

these may not be the final patches, maybe after testing the X or the Pro could get higer res and still run well

That would require work from the same devs that did a quick sloppy port to begin with.
The game is not optimized for XB1X.

Checkerboarding really ruins the picture quality during action. I hope next gen there are no CB games.
Next Gen consoles should handle dynamic 4K very easily and that has a higher PQ than CB.

Top Bottom