• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VGX 2013: Teases, rumours, and ads. [Up: Dying Light, Broken Age, Hammond Robotics]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ganondolf

dont think nintendo will show zelda u. think they will keep that for e3.

i hope they show a new proper (non-mini games/2d platformer) wii u game. Maybe external darkness or metroid

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I honestly hope for something new from nintendo, or atleast new stuff from bayo2, X, and smash, all 3 if possible.

Drago

High hopes are a new Smash Bros trailer with a newcomer or Snake rereveal or something. We barely have any video footage of the game.

Kinda upset jstevenson basically confirmed that Sunset Overdrive won't show up in a meaningful capacity at VGX, wanted to see more of that. Oh well.

starmud

i could see smash bros being shown off... in all honesty... or a wiiu zelda teaser. remaining unhyped so a real surprise will send me into oblivion.

ReaperXL7

Im excited for Uncharted, but im much more curious/interested to see what Sony Santa Monica are cooking up. Stigs team has been working on their game since the second half of 2010 (GOW3 came out in march) so I would think that they have to have something to show by now.

Just thinking about an open world game with graphics on par with God of War 3 gets me excited, but if the rumors of it being a new IP ring true then thats even better also looking forward to see the direction of the title as a writer from BSG was tied to it for alittle while atleast. I think it could show because after Sony showed a very brief teaser of GOW3 at E3 we got a real trailer for the game at the VGAs that same year.

It would also be awesome to find out what Media Molecule is working on since all of the little big planet games that have come out recently have been done by other Studios.

There is also the rumors of Crash, but I struggle to think who could actually make the gams as Naughty Dog is not that same developer anymore, I guess maybe Sanzaru could take a crack at it if they wanted to.

HeelPower

Already posted?

ioDqrN0tLsHAJ.gif

i5n3PCrbV3L3b.gif

It's from the latest GT.TV Episode. GIFs are from the official forum.

http://www.gametrailers.com/full-episodes/p992ud/gt-tv-donkey-kong-country--tropical-freeze

wow so much witcher 1 vibe specifically from first gif...I love how they are gonna combine both games in TW3.

In the leaked video there was also the "power stones" or whatever from the first game!

To note, BioWare is a 500+ person studio.

Edit: Their job postings list them as "over 800 staff". Even if we assume there are 400 people on Dragon Age and 200 on SWTOR, that would still leave a lot for Mass Effect.

Oh sure. I would just be kind of surprised to see BioWare or EA toss out a Mass Effect trailer when that game is well over a year away meanwhile you have Dragon Age coming out before that and even then DA is still around one year out. I'd just be surprised to see much of anything from Mass Effect mostly from a marketing standpoint. Trying to push any marketing on a new ME game this early would just kind of seem like stealing Dragon Age's thunder or cutting in line when its still a long ways away, whereas Dragon Age is likely a lot closer to being an actual game.

At least that's how it seemed like BioWare worked in the past.

Some Nobody

Oh sure. I would just be kind of surprised to see BioWare or EA toss out a Mass Effect trailer when that game is well over a year away meanwhile you have Dragon Age coming out before that and even then DA is still around one year out. I'd just be surprised to see much of anything from Mass Effect mostly from a marketing standpoint. Trying to push any marketing on a new ME game this early would just kind of seem like stealing Dragon Age's thunder or cutting in line when its still a long ways away, whereas Dragon Age is likely a lot closer to being an actual game.

Depends. Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk 2077 were both hyped at the beginning of the year, even though C2077 isn't due out until 2015 at the earliest. Sometimes devs give us an early look.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Added a blurb to the op to better explain what this year is in comparison to previous years.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
So, RE: Mass Effect. A recent interview with Mac Walters dances around the next game, but does seem to imply it's not as far in development as I might think. Particularly these quotes:

That’s a good question. You know, I think we’ll see – obviously Dragon Age Inquisition is next up to bat. So as that moves forward, then we’ll start talking a little bit more about what’s up next! Not having to say “New IP.” Then we’ll move on to the secret name of the New IP, then we’ll move on to the real name of the New IP.
We started examining that, then people got excited about it, and that’s kind of where we are now. We have established where it’s going to be and when and now we’re just getting into the meat of the high-level overarching story for the game.

Unless he's being deliberately obtuse.

Some Nobody

Could be sleepy but it sounds like that part of the article is hinting at a new IP entirely, that's in the very earliest of stages. I wish it were Jade Empire 2, but we know better.

Publishers have marketed multiple games at once plenty of times before.
Any info about where to watch the stream?
There will be an OT (by yours truly) that will have all the relevant info nearer to show time :)

Nintendo thing has to be Bayonetta 2. It's VGX, it makes sense to target that game to that audience. Would be a smart move by Nintendo.

I want both DA3 and ME4 to be great. The latest game in both of these franchises were such a disappointment when compared to their respective predecessors.

EatChildren

You get easily dissuaded don't you lol? I think it's farther along than most of us think.

Back from July:

I'm eternally cynical. And in two minds about what Montreal has been doing.

It's no secret that Tokyo EAD 2, the developers of the 3D Mario games, under Koizumi have been working on a second, secret, project. Koizumi mentioned it in an interview around E3, and Miyamoto sort of dances around wanting to do something new with the Tokyo team in the 3D World Iwata Asks.

This comes on top of Iwata and Miyamoto both talking about new IPs and new experiences in investor meetings/Q&As.

Now that 3D World is out, we also know that the lead planner and one of the lead designers/planners on 3D Land did not work on the project. This may be that they left the company (or were transferred), or maybe they're the leads on the 2nd project (Credits here).

I had been thinking that if they were going to announce a brand new game, it would be Zelda, but maybe it's this project. It depends on how complete it is, and the target demographic, but it could be a good project to announce there since 3D World has been getting so much praise and is up for an award too. They could really drive home the 'by the same developers as...' message.

Of course, if they're not going to announce a brand new game, I guess they could easily go with X/Bayonetta/Smash, or any combination there of. It's just that Nintendo being their is so unusual that I can't help but wonder if they're not going to announce something.

Some Nobody

Do people really think Nintendo's giving us anything besides a new Smash character? Cut that out.

Only another week and a half until this thing hits. Are there any other major studios wandering about with unannounced games?

Zushin

What do you guys think the chances are of getting a solid Wolfenstein release date? I tweeted Andreas Ojerfors (Machine games designer) about when we might hear some new info about the game and he replied with:

3bBQEjv.png

So hopefully we'll get something soon. Does Bethesda normally do much at the VGA's?

Sheroking

Bayonetta is one of those titles that has tons of potential with the "AAA-only" audiences, though.

I don't see how that's true.

It's a sequel to a game that failed to catch fire with those audiences on two successful systems specifically designed to cater to them, in a niche genre, from a developer who does their own thing. Everything from the art design to the attitude is fundamentally different than modern AAA.

Do people really think Nintendo's giving us anything besides a new Smash character? Cut that out.

Only another week and a half until this thing hits. Are there any other major studios wandering about with unannounced games?

Nintendo is nothing if not unpredictable. I wouldn't be surprised if it's a song and dance number with Reggie reenacting the dance of the skeletons with Mario and Donkey Kong action figures.

That said, I sense Zelda. They know what this show is, Geoff knows to pursue something big from Nintendo, and it feels like the type of cross promotion they would do with A Link Between Worlds. They've already admitted they could have shown us the game five months ago.

ArjanN

I don't see how that's true.

It's a sequel to a game that failed to catch fire with those audiences on two successful systems specifically designed to cater to them, in a niche genre, from a developer who does their own thing. Everything from the art design to the attitude is fundamentally different than modern AAA.

While the pure game design is pretty different from the typical AAA game, at least it has some T&A and violence, in a trailer they can make it look like God of War with boobs, that plays to the spike TV audience. Mario and Zelda are obviously bigger franchises overall.

EatChildren

Dunno if we'll see Wolf, but since it's due for a Q1/Q2 release I can image they'll want to share some news soon.

If you think about it logically, the rumoured titles panning out would actually make sense in the context of other titles that are likely to appear, due to the studio/publisher visits being pre-recorded. Think of it like this: Geoff visits whatever Bethesda rep to show off a game. Bethesda could use that day of recording to show off both Wolfenstein and announce Fallout 4. Same goes for BioWare. Dragon Age: Inquisition plus Mass Effect 4. Two birds with one stone.

Xater

What do you guys think the chances are of getting a solid Wolfenstein release date? I tweeted Andreas Ojerfors (Machine games designer) about when we might hear some new info about the game and he replied with:

3bBQEjv.png

So hopefully we'll get something soon. Does Bethesda normally do much at the VGA's?

Yeah what the hell is up with Wolfenstein? I played that in August and while it was clearly not finished it did seem like something that would be finished soon. I would have guessed Q1 but so far we have heard nothing.

Zushin

Dunno if we'll see Wolf, but since it's due for a Q1/Q2 release I can image they'll want to share some news soon.

If you think about it logically, the rumoured titles panning out would actually make sense in the context of other titles that are likely to appear, due to the studio/publisher visits being pre-recorded. Think of it like this: Geoff visits whatever Bethesda rep to show off a game. Bethesda could use that day of recording to show off both Wolfenstein and announce Fallout 4. Same goes for BioWare. Dragon Age: Inquisition plus Mass Effect 4. Two birds with one stone.

I really hope so. I was so excited when they announced it, RTCW is probably my favourite game of all time, so I'm giddy to hear a release date haha.

Yeah what the hell is up with Wolfenstein? I played that in August and while it was clearly not finished it did seem like something that would be finished soon. I would have guessed Q1 but so far we have heard nothing.

I'm guessing they delayed it because if it came out as originally planned (Late 2013) it would of go destroyed by CoD/BF/KZ. Probably wise of them to delay it, though it was pretty foolish to plan to release a shooter in Q4...

Some Nobody

While the pure game design is pretty different from the typical AAA game, at least it has some T&A and violence, in a trailer they can make it look like God of War with boobs, that plays to the spike TV audience. Mario and Zelda are obviously bigger franchises overall.

Basically I meant this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom