• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VGX 2013: Teases, rumours, and ads. [Up: Dying Light, Broken Age, Hammond Robotics]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Camila Luddington (Lara Croft in last game) confirmed. Maybe not only next gen port but also a new game?

e11b4ddf220fdf461a4ee14c23347224.png

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Camila Luddington (Lara Croft in last game) confirmed. Maybe not only next gen port but also a new game?

An enhanced port with all the DLC and maybe a chapter or two more sounds like the right kind of thing for her to come out and announce.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I can't believe how little has been confirmed/teased for this show. Usually we're swimming in teasers for weeks at this point.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Completely random guess but I feel certain that Titanfall's surprise announcement is that it comes with Halo 5's beta.

That's actually an excellent idea. Would be a great marketing move and would most definitely help ship a whole heap of additional Titanfall copies.

Ishan

I agree. Since e3 the new game rumours have fully dried up. Its just stuff like oh obviously the halo/uncharted/gt is coming. No substantial game leaks in a while .... ppl are running a super tight ship it seems.

Some Nobody

I agree. Since e3 the new game rumours have fully dried up. Its just stuff like oh obviously the halo/uncharted/gt is coming. No substantial game leaks in a while .... ppl are running a super tight ship it seems.

2013 saw a succession of really big developers all releasing titles. Nearly every month we've had at least one major title to come out. Plus Sony/Microsoft just released their new consoles, so many developers are caught between developing for that or rushing to get their last few titles out on the 360 and PS3. And E3 showed us a number of major titles being released from now until 2015.

Honestly its not a tight ship, there just isn't much to say if you want to save news for VGX and then later for E3 2014.

She's nominated for best voice actress, of course she'll be there.

OT, but no way she doesn't lose to Ashley Johnson as Ellie. Although I suppose they might give it to Courtnee Draper for Elizabeth, though that would be the wrong choice (as excellent as she was).

Troy Baker is a shoe-in for Best Actor with Joel. Is he up for B:I too? I haven't checked. Mainly because I don't care.

But all of a sudden I find myself caring. Very much.

This is weird.

ArjanN

She's nominated for best voice actress, of course she'll be there.

We already know they're working on a new Tomb Raider and a next-gen release of the previous one, we also know they've said there'll be more news in December, so I'm guessing they'll show the next-gen re-release and tease the new game.

RaikuHebi

Banned
We already know they're working on a new Tomb Raider and a next-gen release of the previous one, we also know they've said there'll be more news in December, so I'm guessing they'll show the next-gen re-release and tease the new game.

But that wouldn't have anything to do with the actress being there.

I imagine there will be TR stuff though. TR 2013 was announced at the VGAs wasn't it?

Some Nobody

But that wouldn't have anything to do with the actress being there.

I imagine there will be TR stuff though. TR 2013 was announced at the VGAs wasn't it?

I don't know about "announced". Hyped, perhaps. Tomb Raider was mentioned at E3 earlier that year, IIRC. I remember being annoyed because I don't feel any game should be at E3 more than once.

Can't wait to see Quantum Break. Now for some Uncharted 4 please.

This. Happy with Quantum Break, it was the one One game I wanted to see. I'd be happy with Uncharted footage, but just as happy with a reveal from SSM's project or gameplay from The Order. All three would be even better of course.

Hope the Nintendo reveal is either something completely new or Bayo 2.

Third party-wise my number one pick would be a reveal of whatever Rocksteady is working on.

Hard to get excited for Quantum Break given Remedy's generally long development history and the fact that Alan Wake's reception was lukewarm at best.

Hard to get excited for Quantum Break given Remedy's generally long development history and the fact that Alan Wake's reception was lukewarm at best.

Alan Wake has many fans though. I'm one of them. Easily one of the most atmospheric games of last gen. And that snippet from QB we got last was quite promising, as is the premise.

Feindflug

Are you talking about reviewers? because the game has a 83% average at metacritic and a lot of people in here enjoyed the game.

AW had it's flaws for sure and it wasn't anything incredible IMO but it was a pretty good game and most importantly the light/dark mechanic has a lot of potential if we ever see a sequel...which I doubt but you never know.

It'd be cool if Zelda does show up, because shit I wanna see how the hell they follow up ALBW, but at the same time ALBW is so good I'm pretty happy with the current level of Zelda in my system. Besides, Nintendo aren't the type to drop a trailer and run any more.

Shouldn't Mad Max make it ?!, we have only seen a trailer so far, while the press saw a demo at E3 which we didn't get to see, It would be cool if we could see the demo/extended gameplay at VGX.

Also Capcom should drop a major bomb or something, like Dino Crisis Revival kinda of bomb.

I highly doubt this, but maybe RockSteady will tease us with Batman Arkham III, they have been working on it since 2012, though I'd say they should take all the time they need.

Yeah what the hell is up with Wolfenstein? I played that in August and while it was clearly not finished it did seem like something that would be finished soon. I would have guessed Q1 but so far we have heard nothing.
hmmmm, maybe decided to delay it till Q4 and add MP ?!

Some sort of tease for TR2 would be great, though I really doubt.

man I really wish there was some sort of story dlc for the Next Gen port.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
There is a surprise announcement for Titanfall?

Ja. Titanfall devs said on the Xbone launch event stream thingo they'd be making a Titanfall related announcement/reveal at VGX.

takriel

It'd be cool if Zelda does show up, because shit I wanna see how the hell they follow up ALBW, but at the same time ALBW is so good I'm pretty happy with the current level of Zelda in my system. Besides, Nintendo aren't the type to drop a trailer and run any more.

If it releases in fall 2014 - and we have reason to believe it just might - the announcement will come soon enough. Whether it's VGX or in an early 2014 Nintendo Direct remains to be seen. I strongly believe we're closer to its reveal than people think (rightly so, considering the immense time intervals between the newer console Zeldas).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom