• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VICE Gaming Meets: Zoe Quinn

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
This PROVES love is real!

I can't wait for the uber-meta Chuck novella based on this FMV project: "Blasted in the Butt By My FMV Interactive Fiction Game, with a forward by Zoe Quinn"

Those soft devilmen will not win the day!

Great start. My hope is that Vice Gaming becomes Giant Bomb for adults.

This doesn't make sense to me..

The folks at Giant Bomb are very down-to-earth people, and they don't tend to overreact about stuff like a lot of other gaming websites do. They're basically just regular people as opposed to caffeine-fueled "content creator" squeal machines, which to me would make them more appealing to adults.

The video's phenomenal, Zoe's a really creative person, and this game is bonkers. Can't wait to see what she does, and I can't wait to see more from Vice Gaming.

Poyunch

So watching the video and all I was thinking was "I wish Arin Hanson was one of the models for this game."

Also I mean Vice is great but I have a huge bias towards Patrick and Austin and I hope they start their website soon because I like the type of coverage they're doing but I don't have any real connection to Vice Gaming and would be more comfortable following a new website that's more "theirs". Unfair probably but whatevs.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So is Chuck Tingle actually Zoe Quinn? If so, the self-ownage of Rabids nominating him for a Hugo's would be super epic

No, though that would be hilarious.

As for the game, I'll give it a chance just because it's Chuck Tingle.

This is my feeling also. Never heard of him,

Oh you sweet summer children, you need to learn the Glory of "Pounded In The Butt By My Book: 'Pounded In The Butt By My Book'," and "Pounded By The Pound: Turned Gay By The Socioeconomic Implications Of Britain Leaving The European Union."

SlickVic

New game certainly looks interesting. I never played Depression Quest and I really should at some point. Any time I try to look into that game more it's hard to separate it from the whole GamersGate movement. 2 years later, I'm not really sure what this game could've done to ignite that, but it certainly piques my curiosity to learn more about the game.

This doesn't make sense to me..

The folks at Giant Bomb are very down-to-earth people, and they don't tend to overreact about stuff like a lot of other gaming websites do. They're basically just regular people as opposed to caffeine-fueled "content creator" squeal machines, which to me would make them more appealing to adults.
I think they mean the audience. I'm sure Giant Bomb's audience in the grand scheme is quite diverse, but there is a vocal part of it that can be embarrassing. The recent Giant Bomb Academy YouTube comments (before they were removed) showed that side.

I mean, as a Giant Bomb fan, it was clear what made Austin and Patrick different than the rest of the duders, so it's not hard to imagine the site they're making. It's even more obvious what type of fanbase won't show up.

Aselith

I think they mean more about the audience. I'm sure Giant Bomb's audience in the grand scheme is quite diverse, but there is a vocal part of it that can be embarrassing. The recent Giant Bomb Academy YouTube comments (before they were removed) showed that side.

I assume Vice Gaming (or whatever their new name will be) is going to be more obviously progressive in the big picture, which in turn will have a more focused audience. Maybe it'll be less fun for that, but they're covering games in a different way. I mean, as a Giant Bomb fan, Austin and Patrick clearly had different goals and it isn't hard to imagine what their plans are.

You're very wrong if you think that. Them being "SJW's" is only going to make that element present even more obviously in their comments section. Think Anita Sarkeesian videos but without turning off comments to maintain sanity.

I'm sure the coverage will be mature but not the audience especially as exemplified by youtube comments.

Plus...it's youtube comments :p

Edit: Oh whoops I guess youtube comments ARE off lmao

I think they mean the audience. I'm sure Giant Bomb's audience in the grand scheme is quite diverse, but there is a vocal part of it that can be embarrassing. The recent Giant Bomb Academy YouTube comments (before they were removed) showed that side.

I mean, as a Giant Bomb fan, it was clear what made Austin and Patrick different than the rest of the duders, so it's not hard to imagine the site they're making. It's even more obvious what type of fanbase won't show up.

Those YT comments were disgusting, but I don't think they represent GB at all. I never see shit like that in the livestream chats on their actual website.

You're very wrong if you think that. Them being "SJW's" is only going to make that element present even more obviously in their comments section. Think Anita Sarkeesian videos but without turning off comments to maintain sanity.

I'm sure the coverage will be mature but not the audience especially as exemplified by youtube comments.

Plus...it's youtube comments :p

Edit: Oh whoops I guess youtube comments ARE off lmao
Oh, without a doubt their comment sections will be a shit show, but that's not going to be their content or actual audience/fans.

Those YT comments were disgusting, but I don't think they represent GB at all. I never see shit like that in the livestream chats on their actual website.
It's hard to prove, especially because the GB moderators police a lot better on the actual website. But uh, lets just say I stay out of GB forums and the OT for a reason. :D

On topic, I've never actually seen Depression Quest in play. The striked out comments is a clever idea. I don't think her style of games will ever line up with what I want to play, but I'm glad she is making them.

Aselith

Oh, without a doubt their comment sections will be a shit show, but that's not going to be their content or actual audience/fans.

I don't think those people are really anyone's audience. They're the Nothing that's always threatening to overtake any pleasant corner of Fantasia. They encroach wherever they see SJW but have no real home (well maybe reddit)

I don't think those people are really anyone's audience. They're the Nothing that's always threatening to overtake any pleasant corner of Fantasia. They encroach wherever they see SJW but have no real home (well maybe reddit)
Using the YouTube comments of that particular video was a bad example, because I think it comes off that a "non-adult audience" is a particular brand of garbage. What I really mean is that GB creates personality based content, which attracts a crowd of all ages. Which has it's pros and cons.

I'd be willing to bet the age makeup will be much different on Vice, and what discussions it will attract (outside of the noise).

I'm a huge Giant Bomb fan, by the way.

Spectone

Well I just went and played depression quest but I didn't feel motivated enough to finish it. Oh well. As someone who has suffered from severe depression for decades I found the game to be fairly realistic.

Aselith

Using the YouTube comments of that particular video was a bad example, because I think it comes off that a "non-adult audience" is a particular brand of garbage. What I really mean is that GB creates personality based content, which attracts a crowd of all ages. Which has it's pros and cons.

I'd be willing to bet the age makeup will be much different on Vice, and what discussions it will attract (outside of the noise).

I'm a huge Giant Bomb fan, by the way.

Yeah, hopefully that ends up being the case. Gaming could definitely use a more high brow outlet to elevate the conversations.

Rainbow Voodoo

Neo Member
Well, get your dick out and join in, sexy
c12.jpg

Bastables

To understand how amazing all this is means you have to understand how he got nominated for a Hugo and what he did once he was: http://www.dailydot.com/unclick/chuck-tingle-trolling-hugo-zoe-quinn-genius/

There's an impressive amount of irony going on here, and he's brilliant when it comes to commenting on current events through what he does.

I actually read that article before seeing the video and the brilliance of him and Quinn doing this game together.
Faith in humanity restored!

(Lol I should have clicked on the link, I actually read this piece on the Tingle vs alt right scum over the HUgo awards)

http://www.salon.com/2016/08/23/the...-hijacked-by-trumpian-style-culture-warriors/

Xater

Because of this video I learned about Chuck Tingle and that makes it great. That's some fascinating shit.

making a FMV game out of that bullshit sounds like a really fun idea. Hope it works out. Can't have enough dumb FMV games.

Top Bottom