• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vice: The Best 20 Video Games of 2015

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
1. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

ygqrt.gif

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
What a fuckin' awesome year...

Top three is definitely the same as mine (although perhaps not the same order), but I'm going to have some trouble filling out the remaining slots in the top 10 thread this year.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Looks like it's going to be MGSV vs. The Witcher 3 for the most GotY picks. Surprising since Bethesda RPG's dominated in the years that they were released last gen.

I think the general sentiment is that Fallout 4 feels like "more of the same" more than any Bethesda title since they started doing console games.

Kerned

Banned
How in Fuck did bloodborne make it on this list!?!?!

What are you even talking about? Even if you don't like it, it can't possibly surprise you that it's on a top 20 list. I think it'll be on most publication's lists if they go all the way to 20.

Servbot24

Banned
Don't agree with the order of it, but the top 5 is good.

MGSV is absolutely incredible btw. Yeah its flaws are massive but the gameplay is so good that it single-handedly transcends all of that.

Adventure games are back, baby. Glad to see so many nominations for adventure and narrative-driven experiences like Her Story and Until Dawn.

Happy with MGS5 at 1, as that would've been one of my picks for #1. I know it didn't please everyone, and I'm sorry, but it was really quite something. Best "sandbox" in a very long time.

Also, goes to show how far behind Microsoft is, despite "Best Lineup" boasts.

5 PS4 games that aren't on Xbox or Wii U.
3 Nintendo games that aren't on Xbox One or PS4. (I'm cheating by including MH4U)
1 Xbox One game that isn't on PS4 or Wii U.

Really? Is it? Giving number one to a game that was reviewed incredibly well by critics and the general player base is gross? Just stop.
In truth, if there's one game where I've questioned reviewers on, it's that one. I wonder how true the reports of reviewers rushing through with the chicken hat were.

In truth, if there's one game where I've questioned reviewers on, it's that one. I wonder how true the reports of reviewers rushing through with the chicken hat were.
There are plenty of reviewers who played the game extensively and talked about it extensively that still gave it great scores. Also as I said, the game was received really well with the player base as well, and I doubt those people also rushed through the game with the chicken hat.
You should follow and read the reviews by people you trust and whose opinion you means something to you. Not just someone who reviewed the game to get clicks on his blog.

Tagyhag

I loved MGSV, but the game of today is a big "fuck you" to gamers and it's sad that there are those who would proudly defend being fucked over.

There are plenty of reviewers who played the game extensively and talked about it extensively that still gave it great scores. Also as I said, the game was received really well with the player base as well, and I doubt those people also rushed through the game with the chicken hat.
You should follow and read the reviews by people you trust and whose opinion you means something to you. Not just someone who reviewed the game to get clicks on his blog.
I would be curious what the general playerbase actually thinks. I know on GAF in the OTs and Spoiler threads, you could see a pretty divisive opinion split, but GAF isn't representative of mainstream opinion.

Oh, and I do exactly that. I've got a nice little group of reviewers I follow. Still, it was one of the first times in a while where I found myself so far from their opinions that it was shocking.

I would be curious what the general playerbase actually thinks. I know on GAF in the OTs and Spoiler threads, you could see a pretty divisive opinion split, but GAF isn't representative of mainstream opinion.

Oh, and I do exactly that. I've got a nice little group of reviewers I follow. Still, it was one of the first times in a while where I found myself so far from their opinions that it was shocking.
Yeah and that's fine. I have no issue with someone having a differing opinion. I was specifically referring to saying that it's "gross" as if it so ridiculous that a game that received mostly 9s and 10s was named game of the year just because you didn't like it(not you but the person I quoted), I can't stand the entitlement around here. It's as if your opinion is the only one that matters even if you're in the vast majority(again I don't mean you, just in general).

mjp2417

Banned
No Halo 5 is ridiculous. The hate on the Halo series is unreal; this year's game is excellent.

Traditional multiplayer-centric shooters just don't do well come awards time. It's not hate of Halo 5, it's just that Halo/COD/Battlefield generally aren't considered prestige games.

It would be preferable to not extend the VGA stupidity to this thread.

Good list otherwise! Very good year for narrative driven experiences in particular. Let's hope that devs stop putting throw away plots in games now.

No Halo 5 is ridiculous. The hate on the Halo series is unreal; this year's game is excellent.
Just for the sake of my own interest of the twenty games, seven titles have a Metacritic lower than or equal to Halo 5's. I don't think that's some huge snub. A reasonable difference in opinion.

http://www.vice.com/read/the-top-20-video-games-of-2015-according-to-vice-999

19. Invisible, Inc
18. Guitar Hero Live
14. Everybody's Gone to the Rapture
12. Until Dawn
10. SOMA
7. Splatoon
4. Life Is Strange

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
:lol :lol :lol pathetic no based tis-100 gtfo with dis crap!!!! where da f is contradiction spot the liar???? lol noob gmaz like witcher 3 more like witcher pee haua hauahhhhh i don't even see hero of da kingdom 2.... but """"bloodborne""" on the list???? jlkawyeahok.gif

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Mario Maker should be higher and Fallout 4 lower but other than that, great list.

I really hope Her Story continues to get recognition. Remarkable game.

:lol :lol :lol pathetic no based tis-100 gtfo with dis crap!!!! where da f is contradiction spot the liar???? lol noob gmaz like witcher 3 more like witcher pee haua hauahhhhh i don't even see hero of da kingdom 2.... but """"bloodborne""" on the list???? jlkawyeahok.gif
I'm using this. Amazing.

Top Bottom