• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vice: The Best 20 Video Games of 2015

Sanctuary

I can't really disagree with the list, but it's been a dreadfully weak year for me anyway. The only games on that list that I've played are: Bloodborne, The Witcher 3 and Fallout 4. I own Arkham Knight, but have been waiting on more patches (or I'll just wait until next summer regardless) and I haven't played MGS V yet (was going to play through MGS:GZ first). Ended up playing MGS3 prior to its release and got kind of burnt out, so I'll probably play it next April or May. From now through March is going to be pretty packed. I want to play Rise of the Tombraider, but I'll either be waiting until it's released on PC, or just borrow my friend's Xbone. But that will be a while yet too.

Bloodborne robbed again.

Seems like it's kind of low on the list, but I wouldn't put it in the top 3. As much as GAF drools all over it, it still had too many problems in its vanilla form. I'm sure The Old Hunters helps a bit, but I haven't played it yet, and it's also DLC.

Robot Pants

How in Fuck did bloodborne make it on this list!?!?!

TAQrwpq.gif

Invisible, Inc. should be much, much higher. Pretty safe, boring list overall. That top 3 is going to be pretty much every publication's top 3, just with slightly different ordering.

I heavily agree with this, but given how much the gem has been collectively ignored I'm just glad it's receiving any recognition at all.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
:lol :lol :lol pathetic no based tis-100 gtfo with dis crap!!!! where da f is contradiction spot the liar???? lol noob gmaz like witcher 3 more like witcher pee haua hauahhhhh i don't even see hero of da kingdom 2.... but """"bloodborne""" on the list???? jlkawyeahok.gif

You okay, Stump?

Corpsepyre

Banned
Arkham Knight has no business being in top anything.

As for the first, it has to be The Witcher or MGS, for me. Can't make my mind up as to what I like more.

Seems like a mostly respectable list to me, but based on what I've heard, MGSV does not deserve the top spot at all. I'd play it myself to find out, but sometimes you just know, deep down in the very depths of your loins, that you will not like a game. This is one of those times.

Arkham Knight has no business being in top anything.

As for the first, it has to be The Witcher or MGS, for me. Can't make my mind up as to what I like more.

But I adore Arkham Knight. Should've been higher if anything.

Denton

Good list. I would put Witcher 3 higher, MGS lower, Life is strange higher, SOMA higher and Dying Light would be in top 10.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
As an massive MGS fan, MGSV disappointed me.

Yeah basically this. I had massive expectations for the game but it was just a total disappointment on the story front. Gameplay was fine but it wasn't really MGS anymore, just another open world sandbox that didn't do anything particularly well.

Witcher 3 should be #1.

Zornack

I really like this list. I've been going back and forth between MGSV and Bloodborne as my GOTY. I am now settled at BB but it's very close.

Yeah, same here. I was set on MGS V but the DLC reignited my love for BB and it's sitting at the top now.

drotahorror

Mortal Kombat X was pretty dang good.

DiRT Rally is coming out of early access next week I'm pretty sure.

Regardless Dirt Rally is in my top 3.

1. The Witcher 3
2. DiRT Rally
3. Bloodborne
4. SOMA
5. Until Dawn

Other games that would be in my top 20 - MKX, Layers of Fear, Odallus, Victor Vran, Rocket League, Halo 5, all i can really think of.

Demption

While i was playing MGSV, it felt GOTY for sure. Now haven't played it and i have played other games and MGSV feels not so great, especially considering the second chapter, ugh.

Top Bottom