• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Video shows Ohio cop punching a black man in the face

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Link.

FB video from bystander.

Dash cam here.

Video taken by a bystander and police dashcam captured an Ohio police officer repeatedly punching an unarmed black man in the head while sitting on top of him over the weekend.

Euclid Police have put the white officer, Michael Amiott, on paid administrative leave pending an investigation into the incident, which occurred on Saturday.

Police had stopped Richard Hubbard III, 25, for allegedly going through a stop sign. The arrest quickly turned violent when Amiott slammed Hubbard against the car, kicked him to the ground, and then continued to punch him in the head for several minutes.

"Hubbard ignored the order to face away, and as the officer attempted to take Hubbard into custody, he began physically resisting," police said in a statement. "A violent struggle lasting over three minutes ensued and additional officers were needed to eventually take Hubbard into custody. "

Lashaunda Malone, who according to her Facebook page went to school in Euclid and lives in Cleveland, witnessed the event, capturing it on video and uploading it to Facebook and Instagram.

"What's he doing? What's the police doing, mommy?" a small child asks in the video.

"Oh my god. He's punching him though," a woman says.

"He just got out the car, as soon as he got out the car, the officer grabbed him by the throat," Malone told WKYC. "It was disturbing."

Edit -

http://fox8.com/2017/08/15/iteam-mentor-records-show-officer-in-euclid-arrest-was-forced-to-resign/

The Fox 8 I-Team has received documents from the City of Mentor that Officer Michael Amiott was forced to resign from the department, after officials say he was caught lying on a police report.

The documents were released to the I-Team following a public's record request.

”After reviewing the internal investigation, listening to the interviews and watching the complete video I made the determination that Ptl. Amiott made a false statement in his police report," stated Chief Kevin Knight, in a letter dated April 3, 2014. ”At no time from the moment Plt. Amiott pulled out to follow the vehicle in question until it was stopped did I observe anything closely remote to weaving."

The letter further stated that when Amiott was told by the Mentor chief that his employment would end, he asked if he could resign and the city agreed.

According to files, Amiott was asked why he initiated a traffic stop on Feb. 22, 2014 in Mentor. He first told a sergeant he made the stop because the car did not have a front plate. When his supervisor told him a car with a dealer plate does not have to have a front plate, he then said the car was weaving. It is not known if Euclid police knew about this case when he was hired as a patrol officer.

Oh well now

Sulik2

Nothing like beating a black man to improve a racist's cop day and half the jury in his inevitable trial will feel the same way.

mackattk

Not sure which is the worse beatdown, this cop video or the IHOP.

its this cop video

Why all this over running a stop sign?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Why was he arresting him for going through a stop sign?

mnannola

This shit is just getting out of hand. With this President it will get much worse before it gets better. He has to go. There is no other option.

Derwind

Blow a stop sign and get like 3 officers putting their full weight on you whilst one punches you in the face, makes perfect sense.

/s

Why would the cop need him to get out of the car in the first place over a traffic violation? Oh wait almost forgot, he's black. Fuck cops. I wanna say he'll eat shit in court but I feel not even that kinda video will do much.

Just watched the video. Not only was he slamming him on the ground and punching him in the head. He hand cuffed him, his bitch ass comrade comes up and lays his knee on his head, and then proceeds to get punched some more after the fact. I'm so fucking angry I'm crying

III-V

Thats just a perceived threat from the fear mongering left. Oh wait no, its exactly what the fuck it looks like, again.

fuck, I think I know an officer in that.
--------
yep I know him.

I understand some of the inner workings of Eulic PD and its a fucking mess. I know he's been trying to leave Euclid for a bit because of the environment the PD brews. fuck.

Cop goes violent almost immediately once the guy gets out of the car. Smh.
When the cop grabs the drivers left arm, the driver flexes the arm like he is trying to avoid being grabbed.

Why can't people just do as told and then, afterwards, upload the video and/or go to court if they consider they have been mistreated?

Resisting never ever ends well.

ThisGuy

When the cop grabs the drivers left arm, the driver flexes the arm like he is trying to avoid being grabbed.

Why can't people just do as told and then, afterwards, upload the video and/or go to court if they consider they have been mistreated?

Lol fuck you. What an asshole.

I understand they are frustrated if a person is resisting arrest, but punching them in the face? I don't think that was in the training.

When you're in the moment it's much harder than it seems to just lie completely still, your adrenalin is going and lets be honest, i doubt the driver trusts the cops to arrest him softly even if he lies dead still.

I hope you're being sarcastic.
Edit: NVM even if you are sarcastic it's a stupid joke. If not, then it's an even worse stance to take. Like braindead bad.

You forgot your /s

III-V

submit to police brutality and do so ever so cautiously so you don't get beat harder. Got it.
omfg are you for real?

Nafai1123

Banned

Spoken like someone privileged enough to have never been in the situation.

ThisGuy

Do you disagree with anything I said? Would you care to elaborate how resisting is a better option than complying with what the police tells you?
Eat a dick asshole. I ain't wasting my time on your bitch ass. You wanna suck cop dick, don't let me stop you. Lol, slurp it up fuck boi.

Spoken like someone privileged enough to have never been in the situation.
I'm spanish. I've only been once to the U.S. and didn't have any trouble with the police. So no, I have never been in the situation. But when I went to the U.S. I knew if the police ever stopped me, asked me for my id, to get out of the car or whatever, I would just comply. What else can you do?

Top Bottom