• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Videogame facts that blow your mind (SuperMarioBros. SHOCKING SECRET INSIDE p #70)

cacildo

civilstrife said:
According to the Wikipedia entry for Goldeneye

"At one time, developers planned to implement the reloading of the weapons by the player unplugging and re-inserting the Rumble Pak on the Nintendo 64 controller, though this idea was discarded at Nintendo's behest."

:O

11825a0.jpg

Ignore if this doesn't fit thread criteria, but I had a holy shit moment on God of War III today. I've played the intro events dozens of times, but never before noticed this, for some reason. The room where you fight the big centaur in the opening scenes is Ares' Tomb. Under the slightly transparent floor you can see Ares in his entirety, preserved. I caught a glimpse of it today and was like WOAH!

This is one of those things that, if you know it's there it's really obvious. Or maybe I'm just not very observant, whatever. Here's a pic:

Tomb_of_ares.jpg

ruby_onix said:
He's not really a voice actor. He's just some ordinary guy who is Mario sometimes.

And Luigi and Wario and Waluigi and some other guys. Also he was Vigoro in Skies of Arcadia.

Back in Old Testament time, people were not listening to God, so God talked to the only person who might listen, named Noah. He said this people are all screwed up and they don't follow him anymore, so he's going to send rainfall.

If Noah doesn't respond to what God is telling him to do, the rain will fall and he'll be destroyed by it, for not listening.

^^How Operation Rainfall got its name

Roto13

I think voicing the most popular video game character ever for 15 years (across like a hundred million games) qualifies Charles Martinet as a voice actor.

Rufus

It's not the same cat though (ears, spot on the nose). Unless the one in the game is or was one of his other cats.

Itchy//Tasty said:
Ignore if this doesn't fit thread criteria, but I had a holy shit moment on God of War III today. I've played the intro events dozens of times, but never before noticed this, for some reason. The room where you fight the big centaur in the opening scenes is Ares' Tomb. Under the slightly transparent floor you can see Ares in his entirety, preserved. I caught a glimpse of it today and was like WOAH!

This is one of those things that, if you know it's there it's really obvious. Or maybe I'm just not very observant, whatever. Here's a pic:

Tomb_of_ares.jpg

There's a plaque that reads "This is the tomb of Ares" or whatever, and the camera sweeps the floor when you read it I think.

Fine Ham Abounds said:
The thing that blows my mind is that Deputy Garcia from Reno 911 is the guy who did the voice of Rocko on Rocko's Modern Life.

OT, I know, forgive me.

He was also the Taco Bell Chihuahua.

Izuna

Banned
I need someone with a programmable controller.

On the Xbox 360 dashboard, if you go to the My Xbox tab, and press Left Bumper, the tab will shift left.

If you press this again, at the exact time the velocity of the tab reaches zero, it will shift further. I have managed to get it to shift left 5 times, which nearly put the My Xbox tab go off screen.

It's a 1-frame button press, and I want to make a video of this happening.

Roto13

Portal 2 spoilers:

So you know how Wheatley just talks and talks and talks and never shuts up? It's because he's a Core and that's just the way Cores are. All of the cores talk nonstop until they're incinerated/attached to Wheatley. I knew he was chatty and I knew he was a Core but I only just now put two-and-two together. :p

Platy

Unicorn said:
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080524070028/bloodyroar/images/thumb/a/a8/Alice.jpg/388px-Alice.jpg[IMG]

Alice the Rabbit from Bloody Roar

Alice in Wonderland featured a White Rabbit

See the connection?[/QUOTE]

My mind just exploded .... by the fact that you must think this is a mind blowing fact

CaVaYeRo

CaptainMintMan said:
For those who actually listen to the Silent Hill OSTs might get a kick out of it, obviously. It only just occurred to me that the VA for Kusanagi and the singer of the OST tracks sounded eerily familiar.

And Shadows of the Damned! Damn it!

She's great ^^

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
izunadono said:
I need someone with a programmable controller.

On the Xbox 360 dashboard, if you go to the My Xbox tab, and press Left Bumper, the tab will shift left.

If you press this again, at the exact time the velocity of the tab reaches zero, it will shift further. I have managed to get it to shift left 5 times, which nearly put the My Xbox tab go off screen.

It's a 1-frame button press, and I want to make a video of this happening.

I'm gonna go try this.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Roto13 said:
I think voicing the most popular video game character ever for 15 years (across like a hundred million games) qualifies Charles Martinet as a voice actor.
He also voiced Homonculus in Shadows of Destiny/Memories (PS2/PC version)

webrunner

In Fallout: New Vegas, the three main factions that want to take over are Caesar's Legion, Mr. House, and the New California Republic.

California, House, and Caesar are all flavors of salad dressing.

webrunner said:
In Fallout: New Vegas, the three main factions that want to take over are Caesar's Legion, Mr. House, and the New California Republic.

California, House, and Caesar are all flavors of salad dressing.

DLC involving a French invasion and the arrival of the Thousand Island Republic of Indonesia confirmed

mclem

I stumbled on this minor (very minor!) one while replaying Super Mario Land 2, a realisation I never made at the time:

Hippo Zone - the level you play through to arrive at Space Zone - is actually directly - albeit loosely - represented on the map screen.

YwPgG.png

y9crh.png

The start point. Notice the fact that the hippo is found atop a cliff and you travel to the right.

Phndt.png

The end point. If you enter the upper door, you arrive in Space Zone - represented by the moon on the map. Note the curvature of the platform of the upper door, and the fact that when you arrive in Space Zone, you do so on the lower tip of the moon.
If you enter the lower one, you arrive back on the world map directly below the moon.

Fox the Sly

mclem said:
I stumbled on this minor (very minor!) one while replaying Super Mario Land 2, a realisation I never made at the time:

Hippo Zone - the level you play through to arrive at Space Zone is actually directly - albeit loosely - represented on the map screen.

http://i.imgur.com/YwPgG.png[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/y9crh.png[IMG]
The start point. Notice the fact that the hippo is found atop a cliff and you travel to the right.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Phndt.png[IMG]
The end point. If you enter the upper door, you arrive in Space Zone - represented by the moon on the map. Note the curvature of the platform of the upper door, and the fact that when you arrive in Space Zone, you do so on the lower tip of the moon.
If you enter the lower one, you arrive back on the world map directly below the moon.[/QUOTE]

Oh my...

Chao

Probably posted before, but just in case... I was watching TV and "Conan the barbarian" was on. At the beginning of the movie a bunch of guys assault a village and kill everyone in sight but young Conan. One of those guys looks like this:

Helmet_of_Rexor.jpeg
Captura%20de%20pantalla%202011-10-23%20a%20la(s)%2016.21.43.png

And reminded me a lot of Midna's helmet in TLOZ Twilight Princess.

3266449495_a18989e434.jpg

They are obviously different if you put one right next to the other, but since they've used Conan's OST so much in their Zelda trailers and ads I can't help but think they took some inspiration from this movie in some ways.

Top Bottom