• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Videogame Queens - The best videogame female characters

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
So who do you think is the most heartfelt, badass, villainous, heroic, etc. female icons in videogames? Mine are:

Ada Wong (Resident Evil):

Ada_Wong_Resident_Evil_4.jpg

Probably one of the most badass female icons out there. She's the ultimate femme fatale, the most cunning fox out there, not to mention dat backflip

Yuna (Final Fantasy X)

Yuna-FFX.jpg

The most heartfelt videogame character out there. Genuine intentions, genuine thoughts, and was devoted to her summoning journey and proved that she wanted to create a change in Spira. This is probably my favorite video of her (warning: ending spoiler).

Bladenic

Yuna was posted (OP nonetheless, awesome), so this thread is over.

Jk but she is my favorite.

Recently Ellie was pretty great.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
110px-AerithCGModel-CrisisCore.png

A non-sexualized feminine female. No girl power, no feminist "I can be a hero too" nonsense, but she still shows strength in her own way. Aerith is such a sweetheart.

I would also agree with those who posted Samus Aran.

Ezalc

Agree with Ada but jesus Yuna is just terrible. She let Seymour escape so many goddamn fucking times. I was seriously fed up with her bullshit by the end of the game. Also, terrible "romance".

3R08T3S.png

Heather Mason mang.... A fairly moody teenager which might seem a bit shitty when just reading that, but one of the few girls in games that I can remember actually being well written as a real character and not over sexualized with her tits hanging out as much as possible.

WTF GAF?!?!? 31+ posts in and not a single mention of Lara Croft? O_O

I'm so disappointed that not even one person mentioned her.

Were any of you here for the PS1 era? ;_; Poor Lara, don't worry I won't forget you.

Tomb%20Raider%203%20-%20Adventures%20of%20Lara%20Croft%20[U]%20[SLUS-00691]-front.jpg

Yuffie (FF7)
Pascal (Tales of Graces)
Chie Satonaka (Persona 4 Golden)

I like comedic characters so of course I'm gonna choose these 3. I hate characters that act tough male or female, I feel that it's been outplayed a lot and it's time for some new personalities instead of the run and guns.

casabolg

Banned
Correct answer reporting in.

2147689-maya.jpg

Heroic, optimistic, intelligent, fun, optimistic, mature, good looking, and optimistic.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
A non-sexualized feminine female. No girl power, no feminist "I can be a hero too" nonsense, but she still shows strength in her own way. Aerith is such a sweetheart.
I wonder how this flip of opinion came to be.
In the original game, Tifa is clearly the sweetheart trying to be strong and Aerith is more playful, even sarcastic at times, but appearing sweet.

Anyway,
Gonna gush a little alright?
Yeah, Sonia is great. For a token love interest in a game about Sunday morning cartoon superheroes, she holds her position well. Her story in the first game was probably the most genuine and touching out of all victims-of-the-week (save for Pat I guess but that guy was somewhat brought down by lol dual personality gimmick). After she gets over her plight however, she doesn't stop being a character in her own right, often making her own decisions and helping the hero out as an equal. She has a very positive outlook on the world and her never faltering strength of the spirit is perhaps a little too good.

No I refuse to speak about awkward fanservice in the third game, I told you it was a little too good to last

Xilium

This thread comes up every couple of weeks and it always ends up being filled with every female to ever appear in a video game. So all of them I guess...

Sheik.png

2003_Farah.jpg

I was playing OoT and Prince of Persia when a lot of the women in video games stuff was getting going (or atleast it seemed that way to me) and I noticed how these two are some of the more useful female characters in Video games. Zelda in OoT helps Link out throughout his quest as an adult, and survived for years without him. And Farah helps solve puzzles and shoot bad guys throughout the game.

char_89096.jpg

Tharja just because she was one of my most powerful units in my playthrough of Fire Emblem. Also liked her support with the avatar and the kids; (support spoilers)
I thought it was kinda sad when she tried to change herself when the avatar implies she's abnormal, cause it showed that she maybe wasn't happy with who she was (which I feel like her portrait supports, since it always made her seem unconfident in herself imo). But then when the avatar says he prefers her the way she was I thought that was uplifting in a way. And when she takes care of the avatars fever it showed she does care about him beyond just the creepy-stalker thing she had going. And the hexes she casts on Noire and the avatar were funny; they're not serious hexes so she's basically playing pranks on them (or at least that's how I took it). Also totally going to interpret the whole I'll Kill you if you're unfaithful thing as her joking... not evil at all.... nope....

Seriously though, best videogame female character?
Tali'Zorah.jpg

I don't even feel the need to explain. Except for the damn picture in Mass Effect 3. Soo much disappoint Bioware, Soooo much disappoint.

I'm sure there's others I like but its late so I'm having trouble remembering them and caring enough to take the time to remember xD

Top Bottom