• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Videogame Queens - The best videogame female characters

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Ellie from TLoU is my absolute favorite female video game character ever. Ever. E. V. E. R.

She has personality, she has wit, she has grit, she has heart, she is determined, she is genuine, and most of all she's just fucking badass.

Runner up is definitely The Boss. I never thought this character would ever be dethroned as the GOAT female in video gaming, but NaughtyDog fucked that up real good...

Liara get's an honorable mention. She was meh in ME1, but in ME2 and 3 she was a boss. Especially ME2. Lair of the Shadowbroker was amazing.

Alyx:

Alyx.jpg

Jade :

jade.jpg
jadyxu9s0y.jpg

Tellaerin

This thread comes up every couple of weeks and it always ends up being filled with every female to ever appear in a video game. So all of them I guess...

Threads like this aren't about settling on one universal "best character", or even a handful of them. It's about hearing what different people here consider "best", and why they think so. That, to me, is what makes threads like this interesting.

Sai-kun

Banned
I wonder how this flip of opinion came to be.
In the original game, Tifa is clearly the sweetheart trying to be strong and Aerith is more playful, even sarcastic at times, but appearing sweet.

Anyway,

Gonna gush a little alright?
Yeah, Sonia is great. For a token love interest in a game about Sunday morning cartoon superheroes, she holds her position well. Her story in the first game was probably the most genuine and touching out of all victims-of-the-week (save for Pat I guess but that guy was somewhat brought down by lol dual personality gimmick). After she gets over her plight however, she doesn't stop being a character in her own right, often making her own decisions and helping the hero out as an equal. She has a very positive outlook on the world and her never faltering strength of the spirit is perhaps a little too good.

No I refuse to speak about awkward fanservice in the third game, I told you it was a little too good to last

wow, someone else who actually played star force. you are like the first person i've ever seen mention it haha.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Lulu was better. She was pretty much babysitting all the other idiots, the glue that held them together and they didn't even realize it. She saved the world from the background with her levelheadedness and counseling skills. Quistis in FF8 was pretty awesome too.

Esura

Banned
This is my type of thread right here. My three top video game girls right below!

First of all, I have to give a shout out to Lightning from the FFXIII series. She's sexy, badass, and just a really good character all around.

Best character in the Tales of series ever. Sophie was by far the best character in Tales of Graces f because of how sweet of a character she is. Everything she does is adorable to the max. Her skits, adorable. When she fights, adorable. Her voice, adorable.

My favorite of the three, Neptune of the Hyperdimension Neptunia series. She's like the Citizen Kane of cute females, no...The Godfather 1 AND 2 of cute females. She's spunky, she got cute attitude, she's goofy and is a major klutz. She's lazy, a glutton, irresponsible, kind of on the slow side occasionally, and she hates eggplants but when shit gets real and her friends needs help she's always reliable and stick by her friends.

Taruranto

This is my type of thread right here. My three top video game girls right below!

First of all, I have to give a shout out to Lightning from the FFXIII series. She's sexy, badass, and just a really good character all around.

Best character in the Tales of series ever. Sophie was by far the best character in Tales of Graces f because of how sweet of a character she is. Everything she does is adorable to the max. Her skits, adorable. When she fights, adorable. Her voice, adorable.

My favorite of the three, Neptune of the Hyperdimension Neptunia series. She's like the Citizen Kane of cute females, no...The Godfather 1 AND 2 of cute females. She's spunky, she got cute attitude, she's goofy and is a major klutz. She's lazy, a glutton, irresponsible, kind of on the slow side occasionally, and she hates eggplants but when shit gets real and her friends needs help she's always reliable and stick by her friends.

This is NOT a waifu thread!

... probably.

cajunator

Banned

Lightning - no

Sophie - squee

Neptune - super goddamned squee

Keasar

Bayonetta hands down, no contest.

Runners up are: Alyx (Half-Life 2), Ellie (The Last of Us), Tali (Mass Effect).

Top Bottom