• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Videogame Queens - The best videogame female characters

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I know they are not iconic, but i really love my female custom characters: sally shepard, sally of fallout 3(sally was my dog :'( ), the main character of saints row 3 etc

Maybe not iconic but other (recent)girls i like:

wang yi from dinasty warrios
wang_yi_signature_by_paulinos-d5wihbd.png

marie from persona 4 golden:
p4g_screens_adayinthelife_withmarie_thumb.jpg

mila from doa
Dead-or-Alive-5&

lili tekken(short haired girls combo breaker!)
336114-tekken_5_lili.jpg

amazon from dragon's crown
Amazon_psd_jpgcopy.jpg

Lothar

Banned
My favorite two

eternaldarkness_screen019.jpg

Alex from Eternal Darkness

0184.Claire-Redfield-_2D00_-Resident-Evil.jpg_2D00_610x0.jpg

Claire from RE2/RE:CV.

Horror games are usually really good with women.

Amneisac

This is it. I think people overthink female characters. Tess could have been a man. (very light spoiler)
They never expressly mention a romantic relationship between her and Joel. Sure, we can assume, but she isn't just a love interest.
She isn't sexualized - and this is in the real sense of the word, not the crazy gamer interpretation of not sexualized - and she is a strong character.

That's all it takes. You don't have to be STRONG IN A WOMANLY WAY - you just have to be a good character, and happen to be female.

Tess is a monstrous badass but I don't think she's that much of a character.
They don't really have enough to time to develop her
, I guess.

Also, she may not be super-sexualized but she has a beyond-supermodel body and them pants is mighty fitted for a post-apocalypse. It's fine, just saying.

Ellie is the real shit though, that's a great character. Shoutouts to Heather Mason too.

Heather Mason from Silent Hill 3. Gets her life destroyed and then decides to end those responsible, despite what they are.

I'm trying to be vague as possible because
setting out to KILL A GOD is fucking badass.

Despera

Banned
Yuna (Final Fantasy X)

Yuna-FFX.jpg

The most heartfelt videogame character out there. Genuine intentions, genuine thoughts, and was devoted to her summoning journey and proved that she wanted to create a change in Spira. This is probably my favorite video of her (warning: ending spoiler).
When she says "Or the dreams that have faded"... shit hits me in the feels every time!

As for my favs I see that The Boss, Amaterasu, Regina, Emma Honeywell, Aya Brea and Jade from BG&E are already mentioned. Another one of my favs is Alicia Melchiott. She's already been mentioned, but here's a picture:

iGZwbxpB7F1dq.png

If we're talking queens then you've got to have The Gravity Queen...

kat-gravity-rush.jpg

Hands down, the best female protagonist created this gen.

The top dog will always be Samus. She does her goddamn job.

Super_Metroid_%2528SNES%2529_04.gif

Next up, and a bit non-traditional is Relm from FFVI. She's a kid, shoots straight as an arrow, and doesn't get all down in the dumps, but she does show some emotion here and there that feels genuine.

191847-relm.gif

Top Bottom