• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vince Vaughn and Mel Gibson to star in police brutality movie as disgraced cops

Status
Not open for further replies.

midramble

Pizza, Bourbon, and Thanos
Twist. It's a complete villain movie. Starts off with them thinking they're justified and as they seek vengeance against a "bias" public they go off the rails as villains and get taken down.

It won't be this...

riotous

Banned
The second synopsis definitely is putting the cops in a positive light. "no other options", "just due", even the mention of the media seems kind of snarky.

I might begrudgingly enjoy this film but I have a feeling it's #BlueLivesMatter.

Rembrandt

Banned
This all sounds terrible.

Twist. It's a complete villain movie. Starts off with them thinking they're justified and as they seek vengeance against a "bias" public they go off the rails as villains and get taken down.

It won't be this...

This all sounds good.

Description implies suspension without pay so fod knows they probably beat up some white girl.

Police officers get paid vacations for beating up black folk

Ridley327

Oh, this is S. Craig Zahler's follow-up to Bone Tomahawk. I suspect that this might be a lot more clever and cutting than the synopsis might make it appear at first glance.

Until a trailer comes out and some semblance of tone is at least inferred from it, y'all are prematurely losing your shit. If he could make a Apocalypto while being the turgent variety of right-side christianity, this cop movie might be the dark look into the downward spiral of vicious privilege that cops enjoy, and what happens when they lose it.

ReaperXL7

I often times wonder if a piece of the problem, why some cops are the way they are is due to us glorifying renegade cops, officers who take the law into their own hands or vigilante justice in media. I could imagine kids growing up that aren't able to completely seperate fantasy from reality while watching something like Dirty Harry thinking that's the kind of officer they want to be.

Obviously there are many other factors with racism being a big one but I do think there could be links there also.

Mel Gibson needs to get pissed drunk and tell the cameramen to record whatever happens.

I expect sugartits to be mentioned somewhere.

Nafai1123

Banned
Why would they be low on cash when they'll just get suspended with pay and will be exonerated? Completely unrealistic premise.

Lifeline

Liked Blood Father and Hacksaw Ridge both, so pretty exited for this.

And for the complaining at least wait for the movie, they're probably going to portray the characters as bad guys.

It won't be this...

Oh, this is S. Craig Zahler's follow-up to Bone Tomahawk. I suspect that this might be a lot more clever and cutting than the synopsis might make it appear at first glance.

This makes the project sound very interesting.

Vince Vaughn was good in TD (saddled with a shitty script) and Mel Gibson is always good.

Lmao I like mel gibson in acting roles but I can't fuck with this at all.

I'm really hoping this subverts it and shows the cops as villains or something.

Oh shit bone tomahawk director? Hype. Yeah these dudes most likely playing villains

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
So this only makes sense to me if like... they were being "Bad cops" by going outside the line of duty to beat up sex slave traffickers or gun runners or something and then the public sees the video and it gets framed as "innocent civilian beaten for no raisin!!" type of shit...

so then they go off ranch and just decide to murder a gang?

European human trafficking ring?

Chinese Gun runners?

fuckin hell...what an odd choice of a film to make these days.

Bronx-Man

Banned

It won't be this...
So Pain & Gain with cops? I'd watch the hell outta that.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Lol why are you guys freaking out over a movie that is not even out yet? At least wait until you see it and confirm your suspicions before going crazy and getting mad over nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom