• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VirginGAF |OT| Sits at the lunch table across from MetaGAF

Boswollocks

Apr 19, 2019
Mars
Can't tell if you're playing dumb here or I'm really out of the loop...
column A column B. There is no playing though...

I didn't. Look at the top of the original post.

This is not the 'gotcha' you were trying for, but a nice try.

I assumed by replying to me, you had simply confirmed it.

So, who is it then? These are serious charges, and we need to hear who the culprit might be. Stop dancing around and tell us directly what you think. You're not on Ree.
Firstly, there's no need to take this as a personal attack and using daft language like the ones highlighted above. It seems that you've jumped to a conclusion before understanding the discussion and it can be perceived as snipey and a little bit insecure.

Secondly, I like to study people, something like the 'Attenborough' of GAF. How you and everyone else get's along is fascinating. Same as in real life, i like to observe, watch and draw conclusions based on studies and theories.

Every social gathering has a hierarchy, this shouldn't be a shock to anyone. The cult of personality (don't read in to that phrase, i know it has connotations to Stalin, Mao and a really cool song by Living Colour but i just like the phrase) on gaf, or 'top social clique' is you, brap brap , Xaero Gravity Xaero Gravity , Richard Packer Richard Packer Elektro Demon Elektro Demon and Mista Mista , basically the main meta-gaf crew.

This is the group of people that others follow because the Gaficionados (Your group) are seen as the popular members, often sporting gold and taking a keen interest in the community of Gaf, rubbing shoulders with mods and steering the forum in the direction you see as the correct one. Whether right or wrong, consciously or sub-consciously, this happens.

Of that group, you are perceived to be the Alpha Male, this perception is based on how others interact with you. A few posts up you said that others argue with you (vie for power) then they join you (submission to the Alpha Male after losing the battle), we see this often in society and in the animal kingdom.

The popularity that the group have gained, means that more people will listen, follow and emulate their decision on the forums, generally speaking. With you at the helm, again a sign of the times for the Alpha Male to be female, you have the added layer of beta-orbiters following you because you're a female on the internet. Another phenomenon we're all well aware of, just take a look at REE's reaction to online females.

Now, looking back at the language I bolded, was it necessary? Did it help or hinder your point? You see yourself as a well-balanced voice of reason, and your post I would have expected from a pololololitics troll, not you.

Are these 'charges' serious? Because if they are, you either put too much weight in words on a screen or in my standing on Gaf.

Edit: None of this is part of what the 'real' issue is in my perception.

Last edited:

Boswollocks

Apr 19, 2019
Mars
You gotta be kidding me 😂
🤷‍♂️ Which one is wrong
I'm hardly at the top of the hierarchy.
Social hierarchy and you've earned it. You came in literally shit posting threads, or posting shit threads, got your arse banned, came back from the dead and are now a welcomed member of Gaf.
So then were you talking about me or Xaero Gravity Xaero Gravity ? It's not like there is an abundance of females on GAF.
I wasn't. I was trying to imply that assuming makes something about a donkey. I don't know, it's a stupid American saying.
I'm offended that I was omitted from the conspiracy.
You and others like Cunth Cunth are more horizontal in their heirachy. As in, you fit in with high regards across a number of 'groups' on Gaf and Cunth is just a drive-by shit-poster with the best takes. Like a timedog, without the insanity.

Reactions: Elektro Demon

Boswollocks

Apr 19, 2019
Mars
This is seriously the most meta troll I've seen in a while or this dude is actually referring to himself as the Attenbourogh of NeoGAF
I'm not referring myself as the attenborough of Gaf. You think big Davey A is a Virgin? That dude is swimming in poontang

-Arcadia-

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2019
Okay, seriously. After all the enjoyment I've gotten in the last few minutes, don't you feel this is... silly?

Elektro, Turdmeister General controls all of Gaf? Xaero? Come on.

Is it possible that you are indeed seeing a popularity structure (MetaGaf crew is well-liked), and projecting your fears from the Old Gaf on it?

If it didn't come through in the original post, I can assure you I'm not here to take over Gaf. If that happens, with me or anyone, that person needs a smack down to the lowest rung a poster can be on.

Something that I do, however, is get involved with my community, with my friends, etc, regardless of whether that's Gaf, or where I live. I try to provide feedback, both negative and positive, as a part of being a citizen and wanting that community to stay great. I encourage everyone, with their own affairs in order, to do that.

This largely comes from how many institutions both virtual and physical, have fallen into an awful state in the modern day, from a place like Reddit, to a city like Portland. I feel it's super-important to make your voice heard, and be a part of that proceeding, because I've seen the end of that road, where people don't care.

The defining thing here is that I don't want to be anyone's leader or guide things, or blah blah blah. I feel like that's a dangerous ego trap.

I'm just somebody passing through, trying to do their best. That's all I ever will be. I'm blessed that people want to listen to me, and like what I have to say, but... that's a lot more to do with the strength of the arguments themselves, than the person who writes them.

I adore the idea that I'm the Alpha of Gaf, and all the posters are my Betas. I will meme it forever. But I think we both know that isn't true.

If Gaf saw fit, if my arguments stopped being good, they'd toss me out on my ass in a second. And that's good. I need that. Everyone needs that.

Xaero Gravity

Gold Member
May 12, 2013
Canada Eh
There is no GAF hierarchy when it comes to regular users, and I'm the last person that should be lumped in with those you mentioned. I can count the number of people that can stand me on GAF on one hand 😂

But there never was, is, or will be a Meta GAF/Discord/PM illuminati.

Aug 30, 2018
I dunno

Reading through more of the discussion and the points that OP is making
And reviewing the FULL post history of the people mentioned

I totally see the favoritism and social hierarchy
While it isn't bad, from an natural history sort of aspect, it's actually pretty interesting

Reactions: Boswollocks

Boswollocks

Apr 19, 2019
Mars
Evilore controls gaf, nobody else.

Being at the top of the social heirachy doesn't put you at the top. Many pillars are needed to hold up the parthenon.

This has nothing to do with a conspiracy that some members control gaf. It is interesting that's what everyone thinks though. Strange that that is the subject on people's minds.

Aug 30, 2018
Did I miss the cult meeting?
I don't really think it's a cult as much as a...gathering of people

I mean cults do have their hierarchies, but I don't think GAF is as ritualistic as cults typically are

Unless this conspiracy the upper echelon keeps speaking of is actually true
This is why businesses need to give FULL transparency of their company workings

-Arcadia-

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2019
Evilore controls gaf, nobody else.

Being at the top of the social heirachy doesn't put you at the top. Many pillars are needed to hold up the parthenon.

This has nothing to do with a conspiracy that some members control gaf. It is interesting that's what everyone thinks though. Strange that that is the subject on people's minds.
We're only going off your own words. This is what you have constantly implied, or outright stated by calling me the Alpha in a group of Betas.

Every time I write that, I start laughing.

I've given you my undivided time and attention twice now, and thoughtfully addressed your concerns, yet, no progress seems to be being made.

It's clear that you want to believe this and only this. And I guess you're free to. But, I'm not going to participate further in it, in anything but a farcical sense.

Boswollocks

Apr 19, 2019
Mars
We're only going off your own words. This is what you have constantly implied, or outright stated by calling me the Alpha in a group of Betas.

I've given you my undivided time and attention twice now, and thoughtfully addressed your concerns, yet, no progress seems to be being made.

It's clear that you want to believe this and only this. And I guess you're free to. But, I'm not going to participate further in it, in anything but a farcical sense.
Implications are perceived. I'm observing, not stating.

I didn't call anyone betas either, i thought that was a bit offensive so i left it out :messenger_tears_of_joy:

What progress is there to make? It is what it is. Other than setting up a scenario to prove it, nothing more needs to be said 🤷‍♂️

Please bear in mind that you're talking a poster who thinks Karl Pilkington is a genius, he is, but others would disagree.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: -Arcadia-
Aug 30, 2018

I think the Alpha Male analogy might have been a poor choice of words

How would you feel if you saw GAF hierarchy in the sense of a Parent-Teacher Association?
You and the rest of the crew are on the board

I think it fits what OP is trying to explain a little better
You still have the community, it's just not so aggressive with wording like "Alpha."