I already have a virgin tag I baited from the mods; successfully baiting the mods and winning my bet is crown enough for meMaybe you should take the virgin crown from blurayhidef
I debunked this.Japan is not exactly going great rn socially speaking. The have the highest rates of suicide in first world nations
This is happening in every 1st world nation.and their birth rate is dwindling because they are having less sex, and less relationships. Their obsession with technology is killing the soul of the people. Not trying to throw shade at them, but it is a legit problem they are facing.
Well I had a nice response laid out and it got deleted so here is the short version.I debunked this.
Edit: And because of Covid-19 and the lockdowns, suicide rates have been going up everywhere, but Western nations are ignoring this. Why? Because for big corporations like Amazon & Walmart, they're happy to make money over human lives and the government supports it.
This is happening in every 1st world nation.
Regardless, this statement ignores two things:
1. Japan is already overpopulated. Believe it or not, 126 million people already live on the island and if you've seen their housing crisis, it's actually forcing them into smaller and smaller homes. I'm not saying we must go full Thanos but at some point, adding a billion more people on this Earth and forcing them to live in cramped gold fish bowls just doesn't seem moral. Especially as less population = housing price drops, there's more supply for everyone.
2. Their government is taking proactive measures to increase the birth rate. You would think every 1st world country would do this yet it's only Japan and Hungary I've heard that take this matter seriously. So the criticism that they're not having enough babies is also countered by the fact they still want to do something about it, regardless of its successes.
But if those are the worst problems that a country faces, it only strengthens my argument. You never brought up violence. You never brought up wealth. You never brought up culture. If birth rate and sex are the only thing that makes Japan "hell" then I can easily live with that. To another user, I mentioned that year after year Syrian refugees have been applying like crazy to get into Japan and yet only a few applications still get accepted. Do you think this is because Syria is a much better place to live, if they are so desperate to sneak in by any means?
1. Cramped living conditions are a result of packing more and more people on an island but they all start crowding into one area.Well I had a nice response laid out and it got deleted so here is the short version.
1. Cramped homes. Also great reason not to live there imo, when I can get much better in the U.S. for less where I live.
2. You admit birth rate is a problem and so dose the government.
3. Japan is still ranked number 3 per 100,000 persons on the chart provided and 7th for the OCED in 2017. My data was old and based on documentaries I don't remember specifically so yea you are absolutely right on this one. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_in_Japan
4. I never called Japan a "hell" just a country that has it's own social problems in society. Don't take it personal. I love Japan, but would never want to live there.
5. Thousands of people flock into America every year too. What is your point here? Because is sounds pretty hard to immigrate to Japan.
You already stated that Japan has an overpopulation problem that probably has way more to do with that fact than anything else. Why would you want thousands of people all over the world when space for living is getting worse.1. Cramped living conditions are a result of packing more and more people on an island but they all start crowding into one area.
2. But I never denied it? It's disingenuous to say it's a problem exclusive to Japan. In every observed wealth bracket, the richer you are, the less likely you are to have kids.
If the government recognizes it, it at least means they want to fix it. The same can't be said in the West (i.e name a politician who said more Americans should have kids?).
4. I probably wont live there either, but from a pragmatic point of view, it's obvious that Japan's model for society is going to outlast most Western civilization.
What I want is for the West to absorb that thinking. Instead of moving to Japan for safety, I want their ultra low levels of violence to be the norm where I live. Or how about the fact I mentioned earlier that Japanese companies are willing to pull out of China and support their own nation instead? It's this type of long term thinking that will always make Japan a better place to live.
5. Well it obviously means people are fleeing the nations they don't like in favor of the next country with better living standards. If no Western nations like USA or Canada existed, then the next choice for most refugees would be Asia. But understandably, you can also see why they also enforce tougher immigration standards as well.
If you have millions of people moving into a country but they refuse to assimilate, then how can there ever be peace? Politics itself becomes increasingly fractured and no amount of "reaching out to the other side" can fix this. Apologies for going off topic but in summary, people move to countries in mass only because they acknowledge they are better places to live. Japan being one of those places that receives applications from all over the world yet they're under no pressure to let them all in is proof that it's still a very desirable place to live, regardless of its social problems.
You're misunderstanding me. I don't actually want Japan to be overpopulated. It was in response to why a dwindling population is not 100% a bad thing.You already stated that Japan has an overpopulation problem that probably has way more to do with that fact than anything else. Why would you want thousands of people all over the world when space for living is getting worse.
Japan and China have hated each other for a long time, since that whole WW2 thing. You are getting too much into sociology on a scale we both probably don't fully comprehend so Im calling quits on this one.