• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Virtua Fighter 5 1up.com review

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Reilly

Milky would have given this game a 9.5 regardless how crappy VF5 is. That's why this review isn't good. :(

therapist

lmao the user reviews on the 1up page it has a 4.2.
people are so stupid...virtua fighter owns all fighting games people,it always has and always will. Fools.

ThErApIsT said:
people are so stupid...virtua fighter owns all fighting games people,it always has and always will. Fools.

for user reviews, they should force the review to type in the UPC bar code of their copy that they purchase prior doing a user revier

2nd, only allow user reviews to be in effect AFTER the release date of that region

Triz

I hate that it comes out the same time as crackdown...babies really mess with a mans gaming budget.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
the 1up score is always in the EGMs. why are people acting surprised here?

ZeoVGM

Banned
ThErApIsT said:

You know what's just as bad as people giving it a 4.2?

People like you calling people stupid for not liking it then acting as if it's a fact that it "owns all other fighting games".

I don't give a shit about VF. I respect it, but Tekken, Soul Calibur? More fun.

omg rite said:

People like you calling people stupid for not liking it then acting as if it's a fact that it "owns all other fighting games".

Yeah, I do like TEKKEN more, but I think that 4.2 score isn't there because of people scoring it 4.2, it's because of some people scoring it near 10 and other people scoring it 1.

omg rite said:

dude, if you don't like it and you want to review the game yourself... fine

type in the UPC barcode from the game you purchased and feel free to review it.

Dude, the game isn't releaed in North America, = the user review = trolling

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Ynos Yrros said:
Hmmm... which one?

In the VF5 thread, I took this comparison pic with my DOA4 stick.

sticksai0.jpg

D-X

As expected. One of the few consistently good game series (no VF Quest, GameGear don't count)

START RUNNING NOW! (to the store to preorder it)

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
yeah ...im breakin down..i saw the commercial for this game the other day..whoring out kage's moves before my eyes..i might have to come teach you fools a thing or two online...

Agent Icebeezy said:
In the VF5 thread, I took this comparison pic with my DOA4 stick.

*image of two sexy arcade sticks*
That's amazing, but I was thinking of something else when I wrote that post ;). You rock mate.

Anyway, I just realized why I like TK more than VF. In VF there is no character that perfectly fits my needs, like Bryan in TK.

Milkman

Reilly said:
Milky would have given this game a 9.5 regardless how crappy VF5 is. That's why this review isn't good. :(

Me giving VF5 a 9.5 is as predictable as you being an absolute, utter ****ing retard. Just stop breathing.

Stealth

Considering they were calling this a "bare bones" port on the 1UP Show, that's a great score. Can't wait till Tuesday.

Triz

DonasaurusRex said:
yeah ...im breakin down..i saw the commercial for this game the other day..whoring out kage's moves before my eyes..i might have to come teach you fools a thing or two online...

I see what you did there...

Milkman said:
Me giving VF5 a 9.5 is as predictable as you being an absolute, utter ****ing retard. Just stop breathing.

I give Milky's insult a 4/10, since it only applies if Milk's score was predictable. Either there is no insult at all, or Milk has just insulted himself on the way to insulting Reilly, which seems to be away from the point and indeed, the spirit of an insult overall.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Milky's insults are best accompanied by him throwing his cosmo in your face and storming out.

I am already sorta regretting using my game budget this month for VF5, because I will probably get more value out of Tekken at roughly the same time, and I only have one or two friends who will ever play against me.

Maybe that dude from the earlier thread will come in and tell me what a douche I am for only having two PS3 owning VF fans in my social circle.

Agent Icebeezy

Stinkles said:
Milky's insults are best accompanied by him throwing his cosmo in your face and storming out.

I am already sorta regretting using my game budget this month for VF5, because I will probably get more value out of Tekken at roughly the same time, and I only have one or two friends who will ever play against me.

Maybe that dude from the earlier thread will come in and tell me what a douche I am for only having two PS3 owning VF fans in my social circle.

I'm the only person that I know that gives a shit about VF5. Don't feel so bad.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Stinkles said:

How to address this post in NeoGaf clichés
1. ew tekken lol
2. It's not VF's fault you have no friends
3. It's not VF's fault you have poor friends
4. VF is better than everything else so stfu. BTW DOA4 lol

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
The sixaxis comments pretty much killed me getting this game right now. I will rent it, but it sounds like you have to import an expensive stick to play this game and well, I am not that dedicated.

If a game does not work well with the default controller of the system the game is being released on, how can you give it a 9.5?

Pachinko

So here's a question for milky that I suppose could be assumed after reading the whole review- if you don't have a PS3 yet is the game worth buying one for or is is fine to just stick with VF4 evo until the 360 version comes out ? It almost sounds as though the game is a tad rushed.

Agent Icebeezy

DenogginizerOS said:
The sixaxis comments pretty much killed me getting this game right now. I will rent it, but it sounds like you have to import an expensive stick to play this game and wll, I am not that dedicated.

If a game does not work well with the default controller of teh system the game is being released on, how can you give it a 9.5?

I've never liked a D-Pad on any system from Microsoft nor Sony, just Sega and Nintendo. A stick is a must for this.

Fatghost

Gas Guzzler
Agent Icebeezy said:
I'm the only person that I know that gives a shit about VF5. Don't feel so bad.

I'm the only person I know who gives a shit about video games period. So nothing to worry about. :lol

Pachinko said:
So here's a question for milky that I suppose could be assumed after reading the whole review- if you don't have a PS3 yet is the game worth buying one for or is is fine to just stick with VF4 evo until the 360 version comes out ? It almost sounds as though the game is a tad rushed.

I would wait for the 360 version if I were you. That version is bound to contain some new extras.

As for myself, I only have a PS3 at the moment so I already have a copy pre-ordered. :)

Milkman said:

:lol

Singho

A 1 page review? I was expecting at least a couple of pages...meh. Hardly tells you anything. I thought it would explain in detail the "Depth" the game has.

I love fighting games, but I am a total n00b to the VF series. Managed to squeeze a couple of hours of play this evening with my friend in VS, and at the moment I feel as though I know nothing about fighters at all. xD

In a way I am glad I never learnt or got a chance to play VF4 Evo against anyone, as now I can start on a fresh new game and learn a new fighting system from the ground up. Just been slowly going through the character list, trying to find a character I gel with...El Blaze, Kage and Wolf are my favourites so far.

It's quite different to the fighters I usually play such as 3rd Strike\SSF2T\CVS, T5 DR\SC and I have a lot to learn. Kept get punished for trying to go for throws at the wrong time for example, but that will change over time as I learn how the game plays.

The only thing that I am dissapointed with is not being able to transport your VF customisation over to your friend's house. ;/ Oh, and there is no "Basic Training" in the Dojo. Had to do some reading, and I even called a pal of mine who is a VF nut to tell me how to tech roll\recovery...but he wasn't in. ;\/

Gonna get the Brady Games guide, as Ive heard thats a good start for begginers. With about 4 hours of play under my belt for VF5, I would just like to say that I HATE PAI! :lol

Demigod Mac

It must be a requirement that EVERY Virtua Fighter review/preview mention that Taka-Arashi is no longer on the roster.

The big man will never die!

DenogginizerOS said:
The sixaxis comments pretty much killed me getting this game right now. I will rent it, but it sounds like you have to import an expensive stick to play this game and wll, I am not that dedicated.

If a game does not work well with the default controller of teh system the game is being released on, how can you give it a 9.5?
There are some moves that are easier to consistently do on a stick. Being an arcade game first, I don't think you can fairly hold that against it. The pad can be easier in some respects so it's not all bad.

Stinkles said:

wahmbulance.jpg

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
DenogginizerOS said:
The sixaxis comments pretty much killed me getting this game right now. I will rent it, but it sounds like you have to import an expensive stick to play this game and well, I am not that dedicated.

If a game does not work well with the default controller of the system the game is being released on, how can you give it a 9.5?

Ummm.... there are so many niche games that require a premium cost for a unique controller to enjoy the game as it was meant to be played, I can't even begin to list them. Have you ever heard of flight sim's?

Not that I'm sticking up for Milky, I can't stand that jackass.

DenogginizerOS said:

enjoy the 360's D-pad in 6 months then

Tain

enjoy the 360's D-pad in 6 months then

I really have to ask why you'd just assume that because he's disagreeing with the score for the PS3 version he's going to buy the 360 version.

Top Bottom