• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown Enters the Ring on June 5

No, it's hard to watch because we're looking at the commentators for 20 minutes of every 5 minutes of play.

I really wish fighting game streams would stop that shit and just focus on the action, even if it's arcade mode solo play. :|

Well my words were pre-mature anyway, it was all pre-event practice and stuff.

Chibita is playing....damn son.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Chibita's got that trollface going on everytime they show him on the stream. :lol

z3nl1k3: IS THAT MAXIMILLIAN'S DAD?

:lol

soakrates

Chibita's opponents are doing pretty well, all things considered. I think Chief Flash will be really dangerous after more time with the game.

TheSeks

Chibita's opponents are doing pretty well, all things considered. I think Chief Flash will be really dangerous after more time with the game.

Maxmillian's dad being ringed out is pretty trolly.

Also more replies, plz. Feel like I'm the only one watching. ;__;

TheSeks

Holy shit. Chibita gets ringed out.

And comes back. HYPE.

soakrates

Wow. Great set. Renzo looked so solid through those rounds, but Chibita making some great reads, especially that Sabaki at the end of the last round.

TheSeks

Fuudoo trollin'. But no Thomas the Tank Engine win pose. :(

Ouch. That Goh throw whiffed and punished hard.

TheSeks

Alex Lee getting in one round and then totally losing because of a missed kick continuation because of a sidestep was pretty bad.

HAHAHAHA. Taunt Punish.

Wow. Great set. Renzo looked so solid through those rounds, but Chibita making some great reads, especially that Sabaki at the end of the last round.

Is Renzo one of the best norcal 3d players? I see him whenever I go to these kind of events, and he always does really well.

TheSeks

Will being FREE. Also 20 drinks for Fuudoo. Highest I've seen in these matches so far.

soakrates

Is Renzo one of the best norcal 3d players? I see him whenever I go to these kind of events, and he always does really well.
Pretty much. He's been one of the better Tekken and SoulCalibur players here for some time. He's really good at just about any game he dedicates himself to.

TheSeks

I guess we're waiting for the exhibition match and then that's it?

If the full game is $45, then I'd rather pay the extra $15 and get a disc copy than deal with how finicky DLC can be. Any chance at a limited print run or something?

TheSeks

If the full game is $45, then I'd rather pay the extra $15 and get a disc copy than deal with how finicky DLC can be. Any chance at a limited print run or something?

Nope. Digital only. Want retail: Get the VF5 vanilla disc.

TheSeks

Chibita's really gotta get in on him before he starts to get his drink on, otherwise it's all over.

Shoutout to being on Stream Twitter, Sok.

TheSeks

Markman gets a free dinner because Chibita wins. :lol

That last set was pretty good. But I feel they both were playing around and not taking it too seriously.

soakrates

Great set, very entertaining. The crowd seemed really into it. Chibita and Fuudo did a great job selling the game at a high level.

Chibita is too strong. Hope he goes to Evo!

I've always loved the fact that the better you get in VF, the better the game looks even to the untrained eye. As opposed to games like SoulCalibur (before SC5, that is) where the game starts to look worse going from intermediate to advanced level gameplay.

TheSeks

I've always loved the fact that the better you get in VF, the better the game looks even to the untrained eye. As opposed to games like SoulCalibur (before SC5, that is) where the game starts to look worse going from intermediate to advanced level gameplay.

You mean the "frames" of animation?

LegatoB

If I remember this dude also made an article on arcade culture and blamed consoles and PC for the death of them. He's an extremely bitter dude.
So you're saying that home consoles and the PC didn't kill arcades? That's a pretty controversial stance you've got there!

TheSeks

So you're saying that home consoles and the PC didn't kill arcades? That's a pretty controversial stance you've got there!

Not at all. They're part of the reason, sure. But he went on a 20 page dissertation calling anyone that didn't play in arcades utterly stupid and they should die in a fire. Paraphrasing, of course.

TheSeks

Fuudo and Chibita did the first to (10?) already?

FT5, and yes. Chibita won. I'm not sure if it'll be on archive but they're doing casuals now. Or were starting to when I closed the stream.

I mean that VF gets more aggressive and faster the better you get, where a lot of fighters slow down at higher levels.

Oh. I was going to say: The backdash the drunk fighter (Shun Di?) did while getting free drinks in was really stuttery and not "smooth" due to the animation frames.

LegatoB

Not at all. They're part of the reason, sure. But he went on a 20 page dissertation calling anyone that didn't play in arcades utterly stupid and they should die in a fire. Paraphrasing, of course.
You seem to have confused Sub for a poster on Shoryuken.com.

soakrates

Mr burns.

As someone who hasn't played VF in ages, what "skill level" is Chibita on?
He won the latest Japanese national tournament and earned the title of "Virtua God," which appears next to his name when he plays the game in arcades (I think).

Also, he's been one of the best VF players in Japan since at least the VF3 days.

So yeah, he's pretty good. :p

I gotta say I've always been a fan of this series, but I always felt like watching pros play wasn't entertaining. Watching this stream makes me do a complete 180. I cannot wait for this game

He won the latest Japanese national tournament and earned the title of "Virtua God," which appears next to his name when he plays the game in arcades (I think).

Also, he's been one of the best VF players in Japan since at least the VF3 days.

So yeah, he's pretty good. :p

Haha, pretty good may be an understatement then.

alstein

Chief Flash is super dangerous. Drew him in that VF5 esports tourney online qualifiers many years back. I got absolutely obliterated by both my opponents. He won the whole thing I think.

Endo Punk

I am so excited to take the fight online for the first time in a Virtua Fighter game. I don't even care if I get my ass kicked.

DRE Fei

Didn't get a chance to watch most of the exhibition matches because I was playing on one of the many stations they had set up there. The game feels very different from vanilla. There are so many new things to digest. The number of changes to the characters makes it feel more like a sequel as opposed to an expansion pack.

.la1n

I am so excited to take the fight online for the first time in a Virtua Fighter game. I don't even care if I get my ass kicked.

Same, had already had my fill by the time the online version had come around for 360 so this will be my first chance to take the fight online. Looks absolutely fantastic.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I have a perfect condition virtua stick high grade that I rarely use. Should sell it.

Wonder how much I could get, especially since VF5FS is coming out.

Edgeward

Thanks for putting up the FT5 on youtube. Missed out on the event so glad to see some of it! Shit was hype! And good stuff to Shidosha on commentary.

Top Bottom