• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown Enters the Ring on June 5

Trojan X

Banned
I thoroughly enjoyed that match. It was brilliant and it got me buzzed to play game on a hardcore level when it's available.

I treat VF skill levels in Saiyan levels. Chibita, Fuudo and other players of that kind of skill level are Super Saiyan level 4. Some of the people I played in Japan are Super Saiyan level 3. I believe I am Super Saiyan level 2, which is far away from Chibita's level.

I went to this last night. It was pretty fun. Cool seeing the high level VF action in person. Plus the grilled cheese truck was tasty, hehe.

I couldn't do shit on the damn Hori sticks, haha.

Mœbius

NeoGAF VF and FGC peeps in the UK - ASSEMBLE!

Eurogamer are running a community night in London with a few setups running various games including VF5: Final Showdown, courtesy of Sega. The event starts from 18:30 to 23:30.

You can check out the facebook event page.

You don't need to RSVP via Facebook, just come on down!

The event location :

Villain
89 Great Eastern Street,
EC2A 3HX London,
United Kingdom

Lets do this!!

PS - I do not work for Sega or Eurogamer or anything like that. Cross posting this from VFDC; all credit to veteran UK VF player Jide.

Archon473

Training mode breakdown courtesy Gamespot

Doesn't say whether it is as complete as VF4:Evolution's training mode including lessons, but it does detail offensive and defensive movements and attacks. Free training includes a record function for 3 strings allowing the AI to repeat one or all at random. Best of all, training mode displays frame data detailing execution frames, attack damage, and hit advantage or disadvantage.

Training mode breakdown courtesy Gamespot

Doesn't say whether it is as complete as VF4:Evolution's training mode including lessons, but it does detail offensive and defensive movements and attacks. Free training includes a record function for 3 strings allowing the AI to repeat one or all at random. Best of all, training mode displays frame data detailing execution frames, attack damage, and hit advantage or disadvantage.

It looks like, from the menu shown, it goes up through and possibly to some of the intermediate tutorial sections from Evolution, but not deeper into it (most of the intermediate stuff was character specific or multi TEG, which is now mitigated due to the simplified throwing system). Shame it doesn't seem to have the Expert Trials, unless they unlock or something.

Coxy

the trophies have been revealed, no platinum is disappointing

You Win
Bronze
Win a match in Arcade Mode without losing a round (any difficulty level)

Ring Out
Bronze
Win a round by knocking your opponent out of the ring in Arcade Mode (any difficulty level)

Excellent
Bronze
Win a round without taking any damage in Arcade Mode (any difficulty level)

VS Dural
Silver
Face off against Dural in Arcade Mode (any difficulty level)

Score Attacker
Bronze
Play Score Attack Mode

5 Hit Combo
Silver
Perform a five-hit combo in Score Attack Mode

Test Complete
Silver
Complete a test in License Challenge Mode

Five Tests Complete
Silver
Complete five tests in License Challenge Mode

Ten Tests Complete
Gold
Complete ten tests in License Challenge Mode

Up and Coming
Bronze
Play one ranked match

Challenger
Bronze
Play ten ranked matches

Student
Bronze
Play any training session in Tutorial Mode

bumpkin

Really looking forward to this game. I actually did have VF5 Online on the 360 at one point, but usually only played occasional matches with a buddy of mine. Never really got very good at VF of any version -- I had 2 and Remix on Saturn -- but maybe I'll sink my teeth into it this time. I've always liked the visual design, sounds, music and the overall feel.

Trojan X: Are you getting this on 360, PS3 or both? It'd be cool to know someone I could spar with. :)

Alx

Those trophies/achievements aren't very creative... they would be completed in a few minutes without even trying (except maybe the tests in license challenge mode, I don't know how hard they are)

alstein

Those trophies/achievements aren't very creative... they would be completed in a few minutes without even trying (except maybe the tests in license challenge mode, I don't know how hard they are)

Easy achievements= sales. Good idea on Sega's part.

I don't care why this game sells as long as it sells.

YoungHav

Banned
Dr. Who on PSN gets a platinum trophy but not this? Wtf I am pissed. How the hell does Sony determine what gets a platinum and what doesn't? This is a crime.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

HarrisonFordWhoGivesAShit.gif

If it means more people buy it because of easy achievements (and finally gives me a fighting game I can 100%), good. More people playing online in either ranked and player matches and aren't cheesing for wins because of stupid streak achievements (sup, Capcom fighters?) is only a good thing.

Dr. Who on PSN gets a platinum trophy but not this? Wtf I am pissed. How the hell does Sony determine what gets a platinum and what doesn't? This is a crime.

This is $15. Dr. Who, Crysis, Wipeout HD, etc. of that sort = $20. There's your reasoning.

I would gladly pay $5 more for more trophies and a platinum being available. Sony needs to discuss these things with us before they release games.
I would gladly have the game $5 cheaper because a little png graphic of a platinum trophy included in the game means jack shit to me.

Shinobi_GR

Neo Member
VF5FS doesn't need regular achievments, because it has something better : Real Life Achievments ! Try to learn how to do Akira's knee, try to do combos with one hand on your stick :D .

Anyway, I'm getting it for PSN and XBLA, but for the online part, I will play it on PSN, because of the controller. Only 2 more weeks to go !!!

Archon473

I'm gladly giving SEGA an extra $30 for items I don't care about because they're giving me VF5 with Jean. They read the petition and listened to VF fans and brought the complete game to consoles. I'll buy every DLC, item, OST, and stupid 99 cent avatar because they did what developers rarely do - listen to customers and deliver a satisfactory product. And Kage's top tier? Godlike.

I'm gladly giving SEGA an extra $30 for items I don't care about because they're giving me VF5 with Jean. They read the petition and listened to VF fans and brought the complete game to consoles. I'll buy every DLC, item, OST, and stupid 99 cent avatar because they did what developers rarely do - listen to customers and deliver a satisfactory product. And Kage's top tier? Godlike.

Why would you do this? It sends the wrong message imo. Buy the base game. If you don't care about those items, don't pay for them. If you truly do, go for it.

It will be a true test maybe. How many people REALLY care about customizable items and costumes. How many people just want the base game. They will be voting with money. They will know for sure on their end now.

I'm getting the game, but I am not buying no damn costume DLC, haha :)

Why would you do this? It sends the wrong message imo. Buy the base game. If you don't care about those items, don't pay for them. If you truly do, go for it.

It will be a true test maybe. How many people REALLY care about customizable items and costumes. How many people just want the base game. They will be voting with money. They will know for sure on their end now.

I'm getting the game, but I am not buying no damn costume DLC, haha :)

I disagree. I believe that it sends the message that we want this game and appreciate everything they are doing but I do see your point.

I myself will be buying all the DLC and game for both systems.

June 25th I think. That stick looks awesome as hell, I just wonder how hard it would be to do stick art for it, I know the stick art I want.

Awesome. Thanks for the info.

Forgot to post this pic last night. But to confirm the achievements, here's a pic from my friends list.
VzOHx.jpg

erK7M.jpg

TheSeks

Trophies are not that serious.

Well, as an achievement whore I can understand his reasoning. As a scrub of fighting games, I am glad the achievements are do-able and aren't all "LOL WIN 10 RANK ROUNDS IN A ROW, DO ALL THE TRIALS!" and so the online (I hope) isn't going to be shit because people aren't going to be cheesing to win for the achievements in general.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Can anyone tell me which DLC I need to to buy in order to fully recreate Ryo Hazuki and shed manly tears?
You can buy single character items if you want to. ie: Just buy Akira's items.
Im a dork so im gonna buy the two big packs. :3

Ill post when haunts goes live with the game.

Is it hard to buy online stuff where you live?

Not at all. It's just that I have this paranoia that one day PSN will shut down and I will lose access to all my games. There is also the issue of bringing the game over to a friend's house etc. It's not going to stop be from buying the game though, it's just that I prefer having a physical disc over digital if possible.

TheSeks

HAUNTS LOOK AT THE CHAT! LOOK AT THE CHAT HAUNTS! HAUNTS! LOOK! LOOK! AT THE CHAT! LOOK AT THE CHAT! HAUNTS!

:lol

TheSeks

How many times did we have to tell him to get hit by the pk?

SAVE THE REPLAYS HAUNTS! *goes into the next match, rounds over* SAVE! SAVE THE REPLAYS! YO HAUNTS! SAVE! *keeps going into next matches*

Haunts be trollin'.

TheSeks

Ouch. This P+G remove G in one frame looks impossible.

TheSeks

I don't memorize move names, what is the input?

I dunno but it's bullshit.

P+K 236P646P+K44P+G or something bullshit like that. Haunts pulled it off but the stream was like "Yeah, that's bullshit."

Top Bottom