• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Virtua Fighters - What's Your Poison?

miyuru

Brobzoid said:
Goh followed by brad. 95% Goh 5% Brad.

From my limited time with VF4 (and I don't even really play 3D fighters, just 3rd Strike), I would go with these two. I dunno, the two newcomers just seemed so much more accessible at first than anyone else.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
Goh isn't considered very accessible, and it's a shame that more people don't use him.

And I've heard that some of his omg-speedy throws are slightly slower now... :\

edit:

Throw speed has been reduced, from 8 frames to 12 frames. In addition, "Instant", or 0-frame throws re-appear from Virtua Fighter 3 in guaranteed throw situations (such as during an evade).

:( This is general throw speed though, so Goh might still be fast at throwing.

There needs to be some more demonstational movies on teh webbies, I'm not familiar with all the new moves and stuff. show them to me!

meppi

I've been fighting with Pai since Fighters Megamix, but I've been interested in learning some other characters.

It will be a while before I'll get to play VF5 I'm afraid. :(

Dazzyman

Was Jacky in Vf4 and Akira in VF1-3 but Ive forgotten everything since VF4/Evo so going to restart with Lei Fei this time with his umpteen stances and use Jacky as my secondary (coma made me forget everything so have to retrain it :( ).

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
250px-Vf8.jpg

Fo' LIFE, yo!

Ware ni teki-effin'-NASHI! Oh yeahhh, just feel your ears bleed!

I tend to learn them in 3's -

VF2 - Wolf, Lau and Lion
VF3 - Akira, Shun Di and Jacky
VF4 - Brad, Aoi and Pai

For VF5 I will probably focus on...

Goh, Vanessa and Eileen.

I think I'm going to focus on learning Jeffry and use Aoi as a backup since I already know her stuff from Evo. Someone here said Aoi hasn't changed much since Evo which makes me sad. :(

my main: Shun Di: Drunken Kung FU

vf5ps3_w_A11.jpg
vf5ps3_w_C11.jpg

here are some PSP sized wallpapers :p

VF1: Kage
VF2: Kage, Sarah
VF3: Sarah, Taka. Shun
VF4/VF4Evo: Shun, Lau, Wolf, Jeffry

I play a bit of almost everyone (but Vanessa, Lei Fei, and Goh are my most LEAST played characters, I have high hopes for El Blaze and Eileen to be NEW characters that I can like.... I miss Taka-Arashi

Bebpo

Banned
At the end of Evo and what I'm currently messing around with in VF5:
My main dudes: Akira, Kage
My 2ndary dudes: Aoi, Shun, Lion, Wolf, Brad
Suck at but like using: Goh

But I'm really hoping to learn both the new characters and maybe get El Blaze into my main set with Eileen in 2ndary. I actually used to be soley a Lau player during the VF2 days, but I've grown out of fast high combo characters so I'm not really into Lau/Pai/Jacky/Sarah anymore. Jeffery was always too slow for me and I just don't like Lei (because he's my friends character aka. the enemy) and Vanessa (too wierd).

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
been a Jacky fan ever since the original VF, but i've slowly been migrating to Kage just because hes an effing ninja.

Goh has been my main character. I've started using Akira for the first time in VF5 and I think I might like him better though I really miss having ground throws.

I usually like playing as Jackie, Lei-Fei, and Kage. Im going to try and get into El Blaze and Goh more in VF5, maybe spend time and get good with Akira.

shantyman said:
12.jpg

:(

Amen, my friend. Hire more programmers AM2, you cheapskates! I don't care if Taka requires an additional 10!

they did size up Wolf and Jeffry larger in VF5... and it was mainly the size issue that made Taka abscent in VF4 and VF5

but if AM2 was okay at making Wolf and Jeff bigger this time, you would figure that they could also shrink down Taka to a smaller more reasonable size. Maybe not as small as Ganryu, but close

they could of done it

Kage first and foremost, I have a hard time falling for the other chars. I do have a pretty good Jacky aswell, only problem is that I hate him as a character.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Interesting you guys with Kage/Jacky combos... I heard from a friend (who's a bigger fan than me) that learning Jacky can improve your ninja game somewhat. Any thoughts?

Come to think of it, I'm definately gonna give Eileen a try.

In VF4 I was Lau with some Lei Fei on the side.

For VF5 I will defintely try out the new characters and try to use Shun or Jacky.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Jacky or Sarah. Kage in the hands of an experienced player can be really fun to watch though.

Top Bottom