• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Virtua Fighters - What's Your Poison?

Wolf since I have always had a thing for big grappling characters.

I'll probably try El Blaze as well, and maybe use Pai (the first character I played).

beat

In VF 2-4, I played Lion when I'm really trying to win, but I'm not a very flashy Lion player, so for fun it's more like Lau, Shun, or Vanessa. Barring drastic changes in those characters, I expect the same thing for VF5, except maybe El Blaze in place of Vanessa.

Lion when I really need a win. Speed > everything in VF.

Lei Fei for the most part, because transitioning between his stances is complex enough to keep me interested, looks cool, and is varied enough to trick most oppponents. His only weakness is a lack of speed/priority.

Aoi when I want to be hardcore. Counters & multipart/ground throws are 1337. But it's tough to win with her on the regular unless you're psychic.

Akira - because the ultimate goal of every VF player should be to master Akira, he's like the whole point of VF.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Vanessa - Fell in love in VF4:Evo. Loved her style and attitide.

Shun - Probably the guy who I was in the zone for the least, but when I hit the spot he was ****ing scary. So much to mix it up and play around with. *gulp gulp*

Brad - Classic. The fall back. How can you say no? "Yeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh."

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Kage above all, ever since VF1.

Aoi secondary, Wolf tertiary just because I think he's fun to play.

But yeah, if I want to win, I pick Kage. His new stuff in VF5 makes him even more dangerous. I may start to dabble in El Blaze soon.

Danne-Danger said:
Kage first and foremost, I have a hard time falling for the other chars. I do have a pretty good Jacky aswell, only problem is that I hate him as a character.
I've got fists of lightning!!!

But I'm a big Kage/Jacky user and I'm currently working on my Vanessa.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Lion and Wolf since VF2. Started playing Goh about 3 weeks ago... I'm at 4th Dan with him in the arcades here! He's really fun to play.

I've always liked Lau Chan the most. However, I'm a more technical player on a stick, so I've always found that I excelled the most with Wolf playing a very reactive and defensive game. Still, I enjoy the quick combos of Lau Chan the most none-the-less.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
I'd always dinked around in VF, and I always used Pai basically. I think I'm going to try to knuckle down and learn some crap this time around. I'm thinking about doing El Blaze.

Top Bottom