• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Virtua Tennis 4 announced

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Vic said:
It's mentioned in the PR that it's going to be compatible with Move but I don't see where it's said to be exclusively playable with Move.

Yeah, that's why I say almost. The PR is very Move centric, but secondary DS3 controls will probably be available ;)

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Xater said:
How are you goign to control it well? The cool thing about move is we can get the motion controls and still have control over the movement of the player.
Thats what I mean.

RubyEclipse

Sega of America
As mentioned earlier, I can confirm that the dev team includes many of the original Hitmaker staff, who are now AM3.

It is a good day for Virtua Tennis fans.

thcsquad

Why does everyone look like a burn victim? Oh well, the game will probably play well with Move so I don't give a shit about the graphics.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
gofreak said:
Yeah, that's why I say almost. The PR is very Move centric, but secondary DS3 controls will probably be available ;)

The more I think of it the more I believe that's unlikely. They'd basically have to develop two different games.

I do wonder tho if they will allow to move the character around with the analog or go the "auto-running" route like Wii Tennis.

I don't see myself being comfortable with moving and waggling simultaneously.

Wag

vt4-2.jpg

Why is Jimmy Connors on heroin?

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
TTP said:
The more I think of it the more I believe that's unlikely. They'd basically have to develop two different games.

I do wonder tho if they will allow to move the character around with the analog or go the "auto-running" route like Wii Tennis.

I don't see myself being comfortable with moving and waggling simultaneously.

IGN's preview confirms moving is taken care of by the computer:

http://ie.ps3.ign.com/articles/111/1113560p1.html

Tain

Supporting the traditional arcade stick + two buttons scheme while also supporting Move seems crazy weird.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
typo said:
- Probably the only reason why I'd get a Move set
- Let this be closer to VT2 than VT3. PLEASE.
This x1000. 5 minutes after trying the gameplay of VT3, I closed my PSP, repeatedly spit on the floor and cursed Sega.

I wonder if we'll finally have a tennis game that equals or surpasses smash court pro tournament 2. Probably not, given what VT3 was like.

Please let it be optional to actually control the movement yourself. Otherwise I'll just play this with my arcade stick and then what's the point of Move controls?

Vic said:
This x1000. 5 minutes after trying the gameplay of VT3, I closed my PSP, repeatedly spit on the floor and cursed Sega.

VT World Tour FTW -- essentially VT2 in your hands (with even more loading)... now I know what I'm going to bring on my road trip, thanks :lol

Vic

typo said:
VT World Tour FTW -- essentially VT2 in your hands (with even more loading)... now I know what I'm going to bring on my road trip, thanks :lol
Good taste, my friend. World Tour is my most played PSP game, the second was Outrun C2C.

The PSP was my SEGA & PSX machine :lol

Man I love arcade tennis. I hope it goes portable. I still play VT3 on my PSP. James Blake is the best player in that game so I think it's time for an update :lol

Vic

brain_stew said:
No platforms announced yet? Hopefully it gets a PC port like the last two did.
Only VT2/World Tour wasn't ported to PC IIRC which is a shame since it's my favorite VT :(

leng jai

So the last VT game doesn't count as VT4?

Hopefully it'll be better than the nonsense they've been releasing since VT2.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Hmmm, I guess I can get it for PS3. Would have liked a 360 version out the gate but oh well. I used to love VT1, bought VT3 but couldn't get into it. Lets bring it back!

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Lifelike Move controls or bust, don't care if Hitmaker's doin it or not

Also don't care how the pros look as long as create your own character doesn't look like barf again

jrricky

Banned
Not even the Wii is getting a sports game made perfectly for the controller. LOL! Nintendo, 2011 isnt looking good if the Wii cant even land B grade sports games like this. What do I care, I wouldnt buy it anyway. :lol

The kicker here is that its exclusive, interesting move. (yes, I did a pun :p)

leng jai

pringles said:
It really didn't.

I wonder how many of the people who say it sucked actually got into the game and understood how it was supposed to be played.

Pretty sure most hardcore VT players would tell you VT2 is a superior game. It didn't suck but gimping the slice was a poor decision.

pringles

leng jai said:
Pretty sure most hardcore VT players would tell you VT2 is a superior game. It didn't suck but gimping the slice was a poor decision.
I loved both VT and VT2 so I have a hard time saying VT3 is better than either of those games, but it's still a long way from sucking.

Razgreez

pringles said:
It really didn't.

I wonder how many of the people who say it sucked actually got into the game and understood how it was supposed to be played.

True, to me it just seemed like an updated VT2. More movement capabilities and a slightly wider shot selection

Top Bottom