• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Virtual Console Top 5 Downloaded Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashodin

Here's an experiment. We're going to find out the Top 5 Downloaded Games on the Virtual Console so far.

Here's how it works: If you have a Wii, post in this thread the Top 5 Games of your Choice that you either have/or will have downloaded if wanted to download them. So if the game of your choice isn't on the Virtual Console right now, please still pick five choices from the available list.

Example is my list:

1. Super Mario 64
2. F-Zero
3. Bonk's Adventure (surprisingly fun and challenging)
4. Pinball (It's fun, bitches)
5. SimCity (this is what I would get next)

After people post what top five games they have/want from the current list, I'll compile them on this front page and we'll get a general idea of which titles were downloaded the most in the past almostweek.

There is an alternative method to getting another projection: As I understand it, the Wii pages are online, but you have to have the correct userthingy on Firefox to view them. If someone could get numbers viewed of each Virtual Console game on there, we could get projections that way too.

Now your virtual console games, let me show you them!

List of Downloaded Virtual Console Games
-----------------------------------------------------
Super Mario 64 - 18
F-Zero - 11
Bonk's Adventure - 18
Pinball - 3
SimCity - 6
The Legend of Zelda - 10
Donkey Kong - 6
Sonic the Hedgehog - 15
Bomberman 93 - 17
Solomon's Key - 5
Wario Woods - 3
Altered Beast - 3

Top 5 is Currently:
1 - Super Mario 64 - 18
1 - Bonk's Adventure - 18
3 - Bomberman '93 - 17
4 - Sonic the Hedgehog - 15
5 - F-Zero - 11

Super Mario 64 and Bonk wrestle to death!

Last Updated: Provider - 12:57 PM EST 11-24

Christopher

1.) Super Mario 64
2.) The Legend of Zelda
3.) Donkey Kong
4.) Sonic The Hedgehog
5.) F-Zero

I just listed the ones I downloaded so far ;p

(Max I added you to my Wii friends list buddy add me back!)

Ashodin

Christopher said:
1.) Super Mario 64
2.) The Legend of Zelda
3.) Donkey Kong
4.)
5.)

I just listed the ones I downloaded so far ;p

(Max I added you to my Wii friends list buddy add me back!)
LIST THE TWO MORE YOU WOULD buy out of what's left!

EMBee99

all that he wants is another baby
1. Bonk's Adventure
2. Bomberman 93
3. Legend of Zelda
4. Sonic the Hedgehog
5. Super Mario 64

fresquito

These are games I'll download sooner or later:

1- Solomon's Key (Bitches, download this game!)
2- Super Mario 64
3- Bonk's Adventure

Games that I might download:

4- Bomberman 93'

Sorry, but out of the games available none else is of my interest. I love Legend of Zelda, but I already have it on the Zelda Collector's. Of the upcoming titles from Sega I'm interested in Ristar.

TehOh

1. Bonk's Adventure
2. Bomberman '93
3. Wario's Woods

And for the two I might download..
4. Soloman's Key
5. Sim City

CoryCubed

out of the current lineup; (bold are downloaded already in order)

1. Sonic
2. Super Mario 64

Would download
3. Zelda
4. Bomberman '93
5. Altered Beast

fresquito said:
How comes people would download Pinball or Altered Beast and not Solomon's Key?

Good effing question. Solomon's Key is one of the best of ALL NES games, and one of the best action-puzzle games of all time. I'd go so far as to say it's my favorite game on the list.

Anyway:

1. Solomon's Key
2. Bomberman 93
3. Mario 64
4. Sonic the Hedgehog
5. Bonk

Xristot

1) Super Mario 64
2) Sonic
3) Bomberman '93
4) donkey kong
5) Sim city

I'm also looking to get zelda, fzero, bonk and solomon's key. I just have to get to a circuit city...but not today.

Out of what's currently available, I have/would download: (But I'm not going to spend the points on some of these)

1) Bonk's Adventure (Only one I've purchased so far.)
2) Solomon's Key
3) Bomberman '93
4) F-Zero
5) Wario's Woods

But pickings are very slim. I've already got Zelda on the Collector's disc, similar situation for Sonic 1, never been much of a Sim City fan. The rest are pretty much ancient. (Well, SM64 excluded, but I already bought both the original and DS releases.)

Ashodin

The temporary list is up there now. It'll change every time I update with people posting on this thread. Hopefully with this you can see the trends people are downloading Virtual Console games for.

It looks like the TurboGrafx games are very popular at the moment. I would imagine so, since Nintendo fans haven't even owned one. And Bonk's Adventure is REALLY fun!

Gio_CoD

Banned
Here are the games I've downloaded in order of download:

1.) Zelda
2.) Sonic
3.) Bomberman '93
4.) Bonk's Adventure

The next game I'll probably get is Super Mario 64.

DyTonic

Banned
1.Bomberman 93- Multiplayer is great and I only wish it was online :(
2.Bonk's Adventure--Great platformer
3.Sonic--Ol school Sonic ftw
4.Super Mario 64--Played it so much, good game non the less.
5.Altered Beast--Least favorite, but enjoyable at times.

lachesis

I've got Super Mario 64 and Sonic for now.

edit: Next 3 on my list will most likely be..

Sim City
Bomberman 93
Legend of Zelda

Ashodin

I know you've got one or two titles, but please pick your five you WOULD have at the moment, before next week's new titles.

Amir0x

Banned
1. Super Mario 64
2. F-Zero
3. Bomberman '93
4. Bonk's Adventure

I WOULDN'T pick anything else, so it's impossible for me to pretend i would

My next download will be Gunstar Heroes

Ashodin

Amir0x said:
1. Super Mario 64
2. F-Zero
3. Bomberman '93
4. Bonk's Adventure

I WOULDN'T pick anything else, so it's impossible for me to pretend i would

My next download will be Gunstar Heroes
Don't be difficult. Choose a fifth game you would get even if you only want it in the slightest. I need accuracy here.

Just Mario 64.

None of the other games are worth my money.

Question: Who has the rights to the WWE/WCW AKI games from the N64? Is that situation similar to the Goldeneye dilemma?

Ashodin

I'm not counting your entry UNLESS you have five games in your list, people.
Even if you haven't downloaded five games, PICK THE TWO OR THREE OR W/E more games you WOULD'VE HAD this week.

Andonuts

Maxrpg said:
Even if you haven't downloaded five games, PICK THE TWO OR THREE OR W/E more games you WOULD'VE HAD this week.

but what if there were no other games that you wanted to download

Ashodin

Andonuts said:
but what if there were no other games that you wanted to download
Pick the games you WOULD have selected anyway, even if you had the slightest interest in them.

I only have four games myself, but I added SimCity because I was interested in getting that one even though I didn't want to download it over the others.

how does forcing people to choose games the don't like and have no interest in make for a more accurate poll? if your list is of the "top 5 downloaded games," shouldn't you track (I dunno) the games that people have downloaded? in realityland.

Ashodin

Synthesizer Patel said:
how does forcing people to choose games the don't like and have no interest in make for a more accurate poll? if your list is of the "top 5 downloaded games," shouldn't you track (I dunno) the games that people have downloaded? in realityland.
It's accurate because you're having a constant five games picked. I SAID THIS IS AN EXPERIMENT, YOU KNOW, SCIENTIFIC FORMULA???

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Maxrpg said:

This is ****ing rediculous. You want "accuracy" so you're making people list games they will not buy? How ****ing stupid.

Why not just, you know... HAVE PEOPLE POST THE GAMES THEY HAVE BOUGHT. You don't think that would generate more accurate results?

Red Scarlet

Just filling in the blanks for what they wouldn't get seems to give disproportionate amounts of votes..unless you have to get 5 at a time. That's like the antithesis of accuracy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom