• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita 3000 trademarked?

Vashetti

Banned
I disagree. I think the rear touchpad was a fantastic idea that doesn't get enough credit. Here's the thing. Implementing secondary shoulder buttons and clickable sticks was always a tough task considering the form factor they were going for. So they came up with a solution. A touch pad on the back to give you those extra input options. Without the rear touch pad you simply have less input options, because I can assure you that Sony would not have included buttons there if the rear touch pad wasn't there.

They should have refined the design until they got clickable sticks working.

Functionality > form. Vita is permanently gimped as a RP device because it's impossible for it to fully mimic a Dualshock.

remember the Vita PCH-2000 trademark::?

Trf48JJ.jpg

KbxaB35.jpg

they also mentioned HDMI back then..

That's a patent application for the Dev kit .
Edit: beaten

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Oh relax.

Only in a Vita thread is shit posting like that tolerated and people who question it are told to relax.

But hey, most have us are used to it by now and in fact are relaxed about it. The fact us Vita fans are even still around after the shit we've had to put up with for over 3 years is a testament to our resolve.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
That's a Vita 1000 with round buttons for some reason. Why would the Vita 3000 be thicker than the 2000? The port on the bottom is the old charging port as well not HDMI. I'm not sure what's going on but it doesn't seem like the Vita 3000 would be more like the original model than the newer one.

I'm guessing it'll probably be a cheaper model? Kinda like the PSP E1000, although I think that had no wifi and I can't see a cheaper Vita being that restricted.

245_psp_x000_vf2.png

I'd be down for a completely matte Vita, though.

Will be a little mad if a 3000 model comes out with HDMI out when I just bought a vita TV... I'd gladly have traded in the 1000 for that instead of having it and the TV.

Only in a Vita thread is shit posting like that tolerated and people who question it are told to relax.

But hey, most have us are used to it by now and in fact are relaxed about it. The fact us Vita fans are even still around after the shit we've had to put up with for over 3 years is a testament to our resolve.

As a 2 time Vita and Vita TV owner.... Is the persecution complex necessary? At this point Vita gaf is almost as bad as Dreamcast gaf.

wrowa

As a new PS4 owner I'd really like it if Sony updated the Vita to be better suited as a PS4 controller replacement. Remote Play works great - even over the internet - but the controls are a huge issue. Using touch pads as button replacements just isn't working very well. Especially in the case of the rear pad ... I always activate that one by accident.

I'm not sure if that would make me buy a new Vita, though. I'm satisfied enough that I don't regret the purchase but I don't think the libarary is interesting enough for me to justify another 150€ investment. Maybe if they finally support affordable memory solutions.

hwy_61

Banned

I don't get bent out of shape about it, because I know it's a stupid joke.

Hellraider

I'm guessing it'll probably be a cheaper model? Kinda like the PSP E1000, although I think that had no wifi and I can't see a cheaper Vita being that restricted.

I'd be down for a completely matte Vita, though.

What a fucking stupid product E-1000 was. Instead of trying to use PSP's digital side as a trojan horse for the PSN account, they decided to remove the wifi chip to cut costs.

hwy_61

Banned
L2/R2 or no buy. Seriously. Come on.

Yeah, I agree. They really pushed remote play as a feature, they should at least make the DS4 compatible with it, or just add the buttons to the hardware. I'm OK with vita being a remote play device. Any games that come out for it are a plus from there.

There is absolutely no way Sony is going to re-introduce expensive OLED screens for that revision... I highly appreciate the HDMI out and would love to see L2/R2 buttons.

Hip Hop

I don't see why they couldn't add L2/L3 and R2/R3 to encourage this even more for Remote Play, it wouldn't matter to me if it didn't work with regular Vita games. Now that would be an awesome iteration of the Vita.

animax

If this is legit, it's great to see Sony still caring but my gut says this is just cost-saving. Cheaper components etc.

Percy

Banned
Doesn't really make much sense unless this is some uber-cheap revision intended to be like the "PSP street" or whatever that shitty final revision of the PSP was called.

Only thing you can be sure of is that they won't have the option of removing wi-fi functions this time around given that the Vita is more or less a digital only platform at this point.

Only thing I can think of that'd generate interest in a new model would be SD support, but haha... lets face it... that is not going to happen.

It does seem a touch more blatant than you'd see in other threads sometimes.

Ryne

Why is asking for an SD slot unrealistic? That would be my number one request for the Vita.

Right now it is too much of an investment for me with the 5 or so Vita games I want to play on it. I do have a lot of PSP games that I would love to play on it though.

I would love to use an SD/Micro SD card that I have laying around here.

If it has a better wifi chip I will also buy my third Vita
and continue having nothing to play on it :(

I know there's games, just not a lot that I'm super interested in. Do love the indies that are there/coming, though.

mrmickfran

Just let me use SD cards pls. There should be no reason to buy memory cards that's a good fraction of the console's cost.

I'll buy one if it has HDMI out, I bought a Vita TV for streaming but Sony Europe's complete disinterest in adding to the compatibility list has made it virtually useless.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
For all that is good and holy, please just give it a decent WiFi chip Sony.

I'm not asking for much ;_;

Ryne

The Vita's lineup is underrated honestly. I don't have a vita but there are multiple games on that list that I do want to play.

A shame many of those same games I want to play are not completely exclusive, so I end up playing them on my PC because of the better options I have there. That has been the biggest reason I haven't picked one up yet.

However if you do not have a capable PC to play those games, a vita should be on your list IMO.

Top Bottom