• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita 3000 trademarked?

Joni

Even though there is other existing AR stuff, its still not worth keeping on there.
Invizimals is a major franchise for SCEE.

Why is asking for an SD slot unrealistic? That would be my number one request for the Vita.
Just let me use SD cards pls. There should be no reason to buy memory cards that's a good fraction of the console's cost.
Piracy. They have announced that reason since 2011.

Arttemis

Micro SD
L2/R2
5 GHz wifi (with PS4 revision having that, too)
Better ergonomics

Those, combined with the HDMI out, would make the Vita an amazing little box for Remote Play, and a better handheld in general

Contra11

Banned
Guys .. don't be too excited .. Sony always make the the 3rd revision of there hardware to be as cheap as possible .. does anyone remember how bad the later versions of the PSP was ?

nampad

Might get another one than. More buttons for better Remote Play is quite nice. Don't care much for HDMI but I can see why others do and more features are welcome.

What about trademarking some new games ?

Every Vita thread has to have idiotic posts. Nice going posting something that has nothing to do with the topic.

Paskil

You know, I would think that if they wanted to make this thing work as a viable remote play selling point option, they would make the analog sticks have L3 and R3. Forget smaller form factor and thinner blah, blah, blah. There should be included L2/R2 buttons.

If they included those things, I would definitely upgrade from my OLED model.

Muzy72

Banned
L2 and R2 PLEASE. Certain PS4 games are straight up unplayable in Remote Play because pressing R2/L2 is such a pain in the ass.

Piracy. They have announced that reason since 2011.
The piracy that doesn't exist since the Vita's software is so locked tight that almost all the hacks have been to the PSP emulator and a Vita emulator is nowhere in sight? They need a better reason than that, especially when Nintendo is busy not giving a fuck about piracy and using SD/MicroSD cards on their handhelds.

Skyzard

Banned
The piracy that doesn't exist since the Vita's software is so locked tight that almost all the hacks have been to the PSP emulator and a Vita emulator is nowhere in sight? They need a better reason than that, especially when Nintendo is busy not giving a fuck about piracy and using SD/MicroSD cards on their handhelds.

Can't transfer files willy nilly to the Vita.

Content manager is really tight. Memory cards won't work elsewhere afaik.

I think there's some weird checking going on too as it can take a long time to transfer files, longer than you'd expect.

Seriously Sony, stop with the Vita unless you're going to have any games that people are interested in Just...
tumblr_mxh4i2zyUn1qdsm1jo1_500.gif

I've had my Vita since the first few months after It came out All I've played is Uncharted, Killzone, Resistance and a Few indies.

Skyzard

Banned
I've bought more games for Vita than any other console I've ever owned.

It has about 80 on it currently. Always have something I want to play. Always want more gems.

I've bought more games for Vita than any other console I've ever owned.

It has about 80 on it currently. Always have something I want to play.

I guess it's just down to taste and what you like to play I guess. I'm not really happy with my Vita. A few more Triple A titles then yeah it'd be good. Don't get me wrong I like some of the indies Vita has to offer but it just needs more titles worth playing like an Infamous on Vita.

Dynomutt

How much will this cost Sony? I know the Vita fans are out there. But in force enough to sustain a portable Sony console? We saw what happened the og Vita.

Why? Sony I love my Vita. But please don't do this think smart. R&D cost millions, I'd hate to hear that this item tanks and affects Sony in the long run in turn affecting PS4. Just move on from handhelds. Let Nintendo focus on mobile gaming. Ultimately I maybe wrong, but even if every Gaf memeber bought one of these that still wouldn't make it a success.

Sony should focus on the PS4, PSN, and PS family ecosystem.

Someone tell me otherwise?

Sitrus

Why? Sony I love my Vita. But please don't do this think smart. R&D cost millions, I'd hate to hear that this item tanks and affects Sony in the long run in turn affecting PS4. Just move on from handhelds. Let Nintendo focus on mobile gaming. Ultimately I maybe wrong, but even if every Gaf memeber bought one of these that still wouldn't make it a success.

Sony should focus on the PS4, PSN, and PS family ecosystem.

Someone tell me otherwise?

Japan perhaps? :p

Skyzard

Banned
I guess it's just down to taste and what you like to play I guess. I'm not really happy with my Vita. A few more Triple A titles then yeah it'd be good. Don't get me wrong I like some of the indies Vita has to offer but it just needs more titles worth playing like an Infamous on Vita.

Possibly....It hasn't had big non-Japanese games in a while but I've got very good (non-indie) racing games, fighters, shooters, action-arcade, puzzle, adventure (could do with a few more here) and a few Japanese games. It covers all the genres with really good games. It just hasn't seen many western non-indies in a while. Luckily I'm a fan of those too and only play them on Vita.

Infamous and/or at least God of War should have happened. No denying that. And not laggy remasters. People just didn't buy it here, and it had a lot.
If I look over to alternative handhelds...I see just OoT so I am pretty surprised at complaints, but yeah, taste and all I guess.

Just sold my 2000 yesterday. Bring it on Sony.

Really the only thing I care about is upgrades to usability in remote play. More shoulder buttons or allow me to use a Ds4 ala PSTV then HdMI it to my TV.

Yes I realize that's a lot to ask for and won't happen.

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
Can't transfer files willy nilly to the Vita.

Content manager is really tight. Memory cards won't work elsewhere afaik.

I think there's some weird checking going on too as it can take a long time to transfer files, longer than you'd expect.
None of this requires the proprietary cards. They could just use a custom file system on regular MicroSD cards to prevent "willy nilly" transfer of files and restrict access to the content manager which would also do the integrity checks. Just like the 360 did it with USB sticks.

Dynomutt

Japan perhaps? :p

Yeah it may be....I just can't logically see the point in this. Vita 2000 gave fans everything they wanted and it still doesn't sell.

Again I love my Vita but I like PS even more. I know if they release this a small group of fans will be happy. Will they be happy enough to keep buying new Vita's?

Skyzard

Banned
None of this requires the proprietary cards. They could just use a custom file system on regular MicroSD cards to prevent "willy nilly" transfer of files and restrict access to the content manager which would also do the integrity checks. Just like the 360 did it with USB sticks.

Didn't the 360 get hacked?

Top Bottom