• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita/PS4 'Ultimate' bundle in-bound this year - MCV

nampad

I hope this will get some Vitas in peoples hands and help with word of mouth. Nearly everyone using the Vita falls in love with it, people just need to get over all the bad prejudices it got

Is that a date for the Vita version of Terraria? Looks like sometime next month.

If it is, damn that ****** for that picture :/
At least it is still 2013.

Because most people don't care. I never got that beside trying to get content from other areas. Which most people don't care about. Or if you're sharing a handheld. Which... People don't? Unless you're kidding. Whatever.

Make it $500, 8GB memory card, and a Tearaway voucher. Gangbusters.

Only slightly exaggerating. I think it's a bit backwards considering other portable devices allow for that (iOS and Android)

It's a huge headache for me considering I have to juggle between a local account and a UK account I had to make since my region wasn't in PSN when I got my PS3. The UK one has all my friends and trophies in it, the local one has PS+ and a lot of PSN/PS3 games.

You can see why it would bothersome for me.

maybe they're hoping that PS4 sold out everywhere and the only way to get 1 is Ultimate bundle. that way they can be less concerned about value. lol

AHA-Lambda

Man, if only.

I know it's a long shot but you can already get Vitas for about £140 or so plus it blows MS when they price a Vita/PS4 bundle together for nearly the same price as an XB1.

If this is priced right I'll hold off on launch for this bundle.

Shengar

Whatever it is, one thing for certain is that they should include Tearaway in the bundle. The game would be perfect for any new Vita owner. Imagine thy expect the Vita to be a remote play accessories, only to be surprised by the magic that is Tearaway.

The Cowboy

Man if they get this out next month at around the price of the Xbox One it would be great, its a dam shame they didn't do it sooner - I would have launched the pack on the very same day the Xbox One released.

bebop242

2 things NEED to happen.

$500 price. A PS4/Vita combo would be VERY compelling sitting next to a xbox one on the shelf. Make up the loss on game sales and PS+.

Allow multiple accounts on the Vita. Want to act like the Vita is a portable PS4? Don't put stupid account restrictions, or you are going to have a lot of disappointed families when they realize they all need to use the same PSN account to play PS+ games on the vita and even to Remote Play. Fine go ahead and make strict rules(something like you can only switch accounts to a different Vita once in a year) to discourage abuse, but they need to do something about it.

Zaph

I know it's a long shot but you can already get Vitas for about £140 or so plus it blows MS when they price a Vita/PS4 bundle together for nearly the same price as an XB1.

If this is priced right I'll hold off on launch for this bundle.
Oh, man. If selling the Vita for ~£80 (bundled) is not too much of a hit, wonder if they could nail it at £429. That would be brutal.

Radec

Now if only they let you automatically preorder Metal Gear Solid V, this Brack Friday Bunduru will become a reality.

LAA

Nice!
Didn't think it'd be done this year if at all.
Already have a vita, so no need for me to invest in this personally, but hope its a good price. If that picture is real, seems it's the original vita too for people wanting OLED.

Hope this persuades developers to develop on vita more after this.

This bundle though... 1 hell of a Christmas present! Ha ha.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
The point could be that they will sell out anyway (even at 599€) because people might just get the bundle at any price - at least this year.
As much as we want Sony to cut price and sell at 500 currency, it ain't happening. They know these things will sell out and this is potentially the only time for the Vita to garuntee ride on the PS4 coattails.

Massa

This bundle is probably EU only and I don't think it will go for less than 550€. Maybe they should throw a couple games there to sweeten the deal, like Killzone Mercenary + Shadow Fall, or Knack + Tearaway.

Elios83

This bundle makes sense if they can price at no more than 500€.

For just 100€ you'd get a remote player for PS4, a portable console with compatibility with Psone, PSP and Vita games and also you'd get more value out of the PS+ subscription because of the free Vita games every month.

This would have a chance of moving a few Vitas this holiday season but I guess Sony would lose too much on the hardware since both PS4 and Vita would be sold at a loss.
I guess the price will be 550€ throwing in a memory card and a voucher for downlodable games like Tearaway and Killzone Mercenary.
But at that price I don't see the bundle to be very successful.

Mario007

This bundle makes sense if they can price at no more than 500€.

For just 100€ you'd get a remote player for PS4, a portable console with compatibility with Psone, PSP and Vita games and also you'd get more value out of the PS+ subscription because of the free Vita games every month.

This would have a chance of moving a few Vitas this holiday season but I guess Sony would lose too much on the hardware since both PS4 and Vita would be sold at a loss.
I guess the price will be 550€ throwing in a memory card and a voucher for downlodable games like Tearaway and Killzone Mercenary.
But at that price I don't see the bundle to be very successful.
Sony could make it successful if all the other ps4 bundles will be sold out.

RaikuHebi

Banned
I don't think this thread is getting the traction it deserves.

FTA: "The company is also running a £2.5m TV campaign for Vita. Entitled ‘The Best Way to Play’ the ad will promote both Vita’s connectivity with PS4 and its big Q4 exclusive, Tearaway.".

It's almost as if they've been listening to me, thank fuck!

Fly off the shelves might be a stretch.
Not at all, if people see the savings they'd make on getting each separate, then compare that to the Bone, it will certainly fly off the shelves.

liger05

I don't think this thread is getting the traction it deserves.

FTA: "The company is also running a £2.5m TV campaign for Vita. Entitled ‘The Best Way to Play’ the ad will promote both Vita’s connectivity with PS4 and its big Q4 exclusive, Tearaway.".

It's almost as if they've been listening to me, thank fuck!

Not at all, if people see the savings they'd make on getting each separate, then compare that to the Bone, it will certainly fly off the shelves.

What was the marketing budget last year for COD, AC and NFS? I thought they spent quite a bit and the results were minimal.

Mario007

What was the marketing budget last year for COD, AC and NFS? I thought they spent quite a bit and the results were minimal.
They were actually happy with the results as far as I can remember. There was an interview with Gara about it. Also zomg mentioned last year that having access to the UK numbers Vita went from abmyssal to ok numbers.

RaikuHebi

Banned
I think this would have more affect than those games though. Public awareness of the Vita is minimal compared to the PS4, and seeing the Remote Play feature would get a lot of the casuals in.

All depends on the price though. Considering the Vita can be had for around £140, they have to be reasonable. I really think it would be wise for them to take a hit on the Vita just to get the units out there.

liger05

They were actually happy with the results as far as I can remember. There was an interview with Gara about it. Also zomg mentioned last year that having access to the UK numbers Vita went from abmyssal to ok numbers.

Yeah but Sony all along have pretty much said they are happy with the Vita sale numbers.

Top Bottom