• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita/PS4 'Ultimate' bundle in-bound this year - MCV

Bizazedo

I always ignored the Vita, but people discussing the remote play for PS4 and not even being in the house, but on vacation, is intriguing enough to get me to think about it.

Sony should really try one last massive push for it strictly on that aspect of it given the PS4 success.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
1385124020-ps4-vita.jpeg

A real bundle(both consoles on the same box) is a bad idea imo, a simple sale for those buying both consoles(each console in its original box) would have been better imo.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
A real bundle(both consoles on the same box) is a bad idea imo, a simple sale for those buying both consoles(each console in its original box) would have been better imo.

I think the idea is to use PS4 stock issues to help sell Vitas.

Smurf

Banned
I guess that hardcore fans will bite, but the others? I'm not so sure.

For a lot of people on the fence for the vita who intend to get a PS4 the (presumably) huge discount will be very enticing.
When you consider the remote play prospects and all the games a PS Plus member would be getting for it anyway there's excellent synergy there. It boils down to a handled console, a remote play screen and dozens of games for an extra ~£100, hard to say no value wise.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
If they manage to come in at or under xbone price it will sell like crazy anything above and it will struggle.

/armchair analyst

Magnus

What sucks is, people Who are still waiting for their original PS 4 preorder probably won't be able to get on the list first for these new units.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
It depends on the price point.

For a lot of people on the fence for the vita who intend to get a PS4 the (presumably) huge discount will be very enticing.
When you consider the remote play prospects and all the games a PS Plus member would be getting for it anyway there's excellent synergy there. It boils down to a handled console, a remote play screen and dozens of games for an extra ~£100, hard to say no value wise.

My points are:

1)no matter how good is the deal some people would not be able to afford it, so some bundles will not be sold remaining on the store and being a waste of money for sony.

2)if a store already has 10 ps4 and 10 vita it needs to add other 10 ps4/vita bundles, if 10 people buy all the bundles there will be 20 ps4 and vita unsold(or viceversa) = more costs for the store and for sony that made them, if there were a simple promotion for both consoles those 10 people would have bought the 20 separated ps4 and vita, no bundles = no additional storage costs for the store and no costs for sony for the bundle.

I understand that the bundle has its pros, but imo sony and stores would get more money with a simple deal

Curufinwe

My points are:

1)no matter how good is the deal some people would not be able to afford it, so some bundles will not be sold remaining on the store and being a waste of money for sony.

Some people not being able to afford it doesn't mean the bundles won't all sell out.

Mario007

Why would they sell an old version? I understand why you want it (it's pretty great) but you know it'll be the new one
The 2000 version is Japan only. I would assume Sony still has a lot of leftover original Vitas considering Vita sales for the year, thus the bundle.

Sizzle55

I have neither console yet, this could be very tempting at a reasonable price. I am considering a Vita just for the free Playstaton + games and the chance to finally play Persona Golden. Also if there is a cross buy for MLB The Show 14 that would be the icing on the cake. Only thing that has prevented me buying a Vita is the price of the memory cards.

Uhyve

Because most people don't care. I never got that beside trying to get content from other areas. Which most people don't care about. Or if you're sharing a handheld. Which... People don't? Unless you're kidding. Whatever.

Make it $500, 8GB memory card, and a Tearaway voucher. Gangbusters.
Are you joking? If you want parents to buy a handheld, it sure as hell better be shareable.

hohoXD123

My points are:

2)if a store already has 10 ps4 and 10 vita it needs to add other 10 ps4/vita bundles, if 10 people buy all the bundles there will be 20 ps4 and vita unsold(or viceversa) = more costs for the store and for sony that made them, if there were a simple promotion for both consoles those 10 people would have bought the 20 separated ps4 and vita, no bundles = no additional storage costs for the store and no costs for sony for the bundle.

I understand that the bundle has its pros, but imo sony and stores would get more money with a simple deal
Except that's not how it's going to work. For a while, Sony will almost certainly be selling however many PS4s they can output, whether it is separately or as this bundle, and if it is as the latter it has the added benefit of driving the stagnant vita sales.

mekes

Looks like a box full of awesome to me, the Vita is a great bit of kit. Its a shame it might take PS4s to sell them but I just hope it sells!

Megatron

Are you joking? If you want parents to buy a handheld, it sure as hell better be shareable.
It is shareable. The kid that's holding it plays it. The little brats dont need their own seperate accounts. you're over-thinking it.

Takao

Banned
Why on earth would they include tearaway in these fictional bundles? If it were any game it'd probably be LBP.

As far as I can tell they aren't including any games in the bundle. The OP just states that they'll direct ad money towards Vita's PS4 connectivity, and Tearaway.

Mortemis

Banned
I was planning on getting a ps4 when infamous or destiny come and a vita this black friday... but if they announce the price of it before then and it's $500-$550 I'll wait on the vita and bite.

Let's be honest though, it's probably Europe only. D:

Gamerloid

Really need a price to see how this might perform. With black friend and holiday sales, you might actually be better off just buying both separately.

Xyber

If this is 500, then I'm buying that in the spring. I want a Vita, but right now the price of a Vita and a decently sized memory card is just way too high.

Please Sony, make this happen and I will buy a Vita.

Drek

I have neither console yet, this could be very tempting at a reasonable price. I am considering a Vita just for the free Playstaton + games and the chance to finally play Persona Golden. Also if there is a cross buy for MLB The Show 14 that would be the icing on the cake. Only thing that has prevented me buying a Vita is the price of the memory cards.

Why would you want cross buy when you could instead remote play the PS4 version on your Vita?

FYI, The Show hasn't been cross buy to date with the PS3 version.

Miletius

I'm tempted to pick one of these up as the Vita and the PS4 seem to compliment each other well. Hell, I listed it as one of the reasons why a primarily PC gamer might be interested in the PS4.

We will have to see if a) this comes to NA, and b) at what price. If it's reasonable I might pick it up next Christmas.

House said Europe like their bundles, they're getting the Ultimate bundle many had hope for since the PS4 price was announced. Now it's to see what the inclusion of the Vita does to the total price. $200 standalone, $150-160 on sale, how much lower bundled?

turnbuckle

Man, if I didn't already have both I'd bite. If they can get this at something around $500 (possibly a pipe dream) I think I'd change my mind about whether or not the PS4 will give a second life to that sweet, sweet Vita. I currently think the PS4 will only marginally affect Vita sales, but something like this could be a great boon to the Vita. If not for the price, for the marketing push showcasing Vita+PS4 connectivity.

If this comes with zero games, an almost discontinued memory card and an almost discontinued Vita model, they might be able to make this quite a loss-leader. But that's up to them, we'll see.

When I bought my Vita, it would have effectively only cost me £100 if I'd traded in the retail games it was bundled with.

Magwik

Banned
Hopefully they'll price it to match the Xbone price in both territories. That way they can take can its 2 systems for the price of one.

I'm planning on picking up a second PS4 and a second Vita sometime next year. I will definitely jump on this if the price is right (and the Vita is OLED).

Arttemis

I'm planning on picking up a second PS4 and a second Vita sometime next year. I will definitely jump on this if the price is right (and the Vita is OLED).

I'm curious, why a second PS4? With the VitaTV likely coming stateside, wouldn't it be cheaper to place one of those slim boxes in the second room so you can play the single PS4 from two rooms (and in your hands, via a regular Vita)?

Or are you hoping to play internet multiplayer games on two PS4s from within your home?

I'm curious, why a second PS4? With the VitaTV likely coming stateside, wouldn't it be cheaper to place one of those slim boxes in the second room so you can play the single PS4 from two rooms (and in your hands, via a regular Vita)?

Or are you hoping to play internet multiplayer games on two PS4s from within your home?

That's one of the reasons. The extra units will primarily be for my wife.

The company is putting together PS4 and Vita into an ‘Ultimate Bundle’, which will launch before Christmas. Gamers that own both consoles can stream their PS4 games to their Vita and play off-screen, which Sony views as a big selling-point for the handheld.
Indeed the Wii U has been a phenomenal success on the back of that feature.

Top Bottom