• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game And Service Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skyzard

Banned
Dumb post.

Anyway - Btw tamaster92 I edited in that earlier post but I was thinking a 5point ranking system would be ideal for the game reviews thread. (to link to the review in the OP).

I'm not sure whether to get the PSN release Ragnarok Odyssey for the ease of play with digital titles; or to get the retail Mercenary Editon for the swanky bonus goods. What should I do, Vitabros?

MarkusRJR

This whole new system is kind of stupid. I have to follow 4 threads now instead of 1 and apparently I can't talk about certain things in certain threads. This idea is just hindering discussion and making me not want to post.

The 3DS for example has no real discussion thread now. If people have questions where do they go? The game review thread is the only real 3DS thread and in the OP it says you should post a 2+ paragraph review. No one is going to post in that thread now.

This whole new system is kind of stupid. I have to follow 4 threads now instead of 1 and apparently I can't talk about certain things in certain threads. This idea is just hindering discussion and making me not want to post.

The 3DS for example has no real discussion thread now. If people have questions where do they go? The game review thread is the only real 3DS thread and in the OP it says you should post a 2+ paragraph review. No one is going to post in that thread now.

I figure every time somebody has a question about anything, they should just make a new thread.

Dumb post.

Anyway - Btw I edited in that earlier post but I was thinking a 5point ranking system would be ideal for the game reviews thread. (to link to the review in the OP).

Hmm that could work. Could sort the games by average score and such. Ill do some planning tonight and see what you guys think tomorrow

Toki767

I'm not sure whether to get the PSN release Ragnarok Odyssey for the ease of play with digital titles; or to get the retail Mercenary Editon for the swanky bonus goods. What should I do, Vitabros?

I'm in the same boat. I kind of wonder how long the game is going to last me, but I probably will end up buying digitally in the end just to get closer to that $100 mark for October. I wonder what XSEED's policies are for a discount.

Skyzard

Banned

They said we could still have community-ish threads, just with more structure..perhaps they need another thread just for games and service :p

MarkusRJR

They said we could still have community-ish threads, just with more structure..perhaps they need another thread just for games and service :p
Inevitably one thread will take over the rest in terms of popularity and we'll just end up with a gimped "megathread" and the rest being bumped like once or twice a week. Everything is just more difficult to follow now.

What they should have done was put us in the community section and tell us to post new news in the gaming section (which we already do).

nN9FF.jpg

Pouring one for the ole thread.

Quick

Banned
Inevitably one thread will take over the rest in terms of popularity and we'll just end up with a gimped "megathread" and the rest being bumped like once or twice a week. Everything is just more difficult to follow now.

Pretty much this.

I'm assuming this thread is the new "central" Vita thread?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Hey now, don't say mean things about us gays ;p

Except the console threads are going through the same thing that the gay thread and other megathreads did two-three years back. Only thing is, SportsGAF gets their seasonal megathread, GAyF doesn't get put in communities like SportsGAF and other OT Communties do...

The megathread policy is all over the damn place and there's no rhyme or reason for certain threads being somewhere others like it aren't. It's crazy.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso

Swanky Merch!

Only get it digitally if:

A: Switching Game carts on vita encites RAGE within your heart!
B: You need that extra purchase to make 100 dollars, to get 20 back in Nov.
C: You dislike cool bonus items.

Skyzard

Banned
I think so - but specifically hardware stuff goes in a different thread...and if you want to write a really long review I think there will be a thread for that perhaps...but otherwise game discussion as normal I think.. The hardware thread isn't all that well defined tbh..? bit of overlap with the service/update and games here I think. But for major firmware updates...broken vitas?

I don't even know - main problem is that thread may just be invisible and people ask here as usual..

Also - this thread for multiplayer meet ups..

Swanky Merch!

Only get it digitally if:

A: Switching Game carts on vita encites RAGE within your heart!
B: You need that extra purchase to make 100 dollars, to get 20 back in Nov.
C: You dislike cool bonus items.

The the problem with cartridges for Vita is that we're entering a phase where there will be SEVERAL great games releasing within a month of each other. P4G, RO, AC:L, DJMAX TT, etc.

We only have one cartridge slot and personally I know that P4G will rule mine once it releases.

Carl

So if someone asks a question about hardware in here we have two options

1) refuse to answer unless they post in the other thread (which is stupid)

2) Answer it anyway (then there's no point in the other thread)

sajj316

Sorry VitaGAF as I've been MIA. Good new threads!

Carl, I can't thank you enough for promoting .. er shoving down out throats Mutant Blobs Attack. This is a phenomenal game and I can't recommend it enough!

If you have PS+ there is no excuse to not get it considering it's less than 4 dollars!!!

So we can't talk about other game news in here, we have to only talk about games we're buying, playing, or thinking of buying/playing? We have to make threads/OTs for any news for Vita games?

Carl

Carl, I can't thank you enough for promoting .. er shoving down out throats Mutant Blobs Attack. This is a phenomenal game and I can't recommend it enough!

If you have PS+ there is no excuse to not get it considering it's less than 4 dollars!!!

You're welcome, dude. Everyone deserves to know about great games, and Mutant Blobs is certainly still one of the greatest games on Vita.

ZeroAKA

This Vita thread split is really confusing. Oh well, I'll get used to it eventually. :/

This.

VanWinkle

I'm not Carl, but I'm glad you like it. It's a great little game.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
The the problem with cartridges for Vita is that we're entering a phase where there will be SEVERAL great games releasing within a month of each other. P4G, RO, AC:L, DJMAX TT, etc.

We only have one cartridge slot and personally I know that P4G will rule mine once it releases.

Well, yeah, but having them digitally would, given that reasoning, just mean you'll constantly be switching between those no-work-to-load-and-play digital games, and never complete anything!

I guess another plus to the digital side, is it'd be the most convenient, if you have a bunch of friends who might want you to jump onto RO at any time...

Maedhros

Who the hell had this shitty idea of splitting the Vita thread into four, when this one will probably be the only one used?

sajj316

I'm not Carl, but I'm glad you like it. How are the puzzles for you now in the context of the full game? Still hate them?

I just started playing and would continue if I didn't have this women elbowing me on the bus commute home. I'm sure I'll have a comment once I get more into thIs fantabulous game.

Quick

Banned
I'm going to buy the PSN versions of AC3L, NFSMW, RO, CODBOD, P4G and PSASBR (maybe).

I've been leaning more towards digital copies for Vita games (and PS3 games to an extent) lately. PSN doesn't tax Canadians, making it a more enticing option. I'm also noticing PSN deals, like Gravity Rush being $35.99 digital, rather than $39.99 + tax retail.

This also means I'll need to invest in a bigger memory card.

VanWinkle

I just started playing and would continue if I didn't have this women elbowing me on the bus commute home. I'm sure I'll have a comment once I get more into thIs fantabulous game.

I realized that I was thinking of someone else that hated the puzzles, and not my pal sajj :( (I think it was zeeroid or someone)

Massa

I've been leaning more towards digital copies for Vita games (and PS3 games to an extent) lately. PSN doesn't tax Canadians, making it a more enticing option. I'm also noticing PSN deals, like Gravity Rush being $35.99 digital, rather than $39.99 + tax retail.

This also means I'll need to invest in a bigger memory card.

You should have posted that last paragraph in the other thread.

Weird decision having the Vita thread broken up.

Anyways, tried the new demos last night. Wasn't a fan of Super Monkeyball, but Silent Hill seemed to have some potential, I quite enjoyed it. Will probably grab that one down the track at some stage.

Also downloaded the PSASBR beta, but didn't get a chance to have a shot. Will do so tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom