• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiyomi

wooops I lied, I'm actually missing questions for the FAQ

Are there any particular ones you guys want there? I have the PS+ on Vita details noted, but not much else.
Does Toto really hate everything?

TOTP ; Buy P4G or Kyo will hit you. Get Technika Tune as well. Preorder Soul Sacrifice. Get Plus.

Kazerei

Banned

Are there any particular ones you guys want there? I have the PS+ on Vita details noted, but not much else.

Which PSP/PS1 games are compatible
How to transfer games and saves
How to switch PSN accounts

The answers can just be links

kiyomi

I haven't actually found a really clear guide to account switching, post-changes. There are a few from before them but it'd be nice to have an updated, precise one. A lot of people come in here and ask, and I feel bad when I can't comfortably give them a link. Perhaps one should be written?

Noi

I haven't actually found a really clear guide to account switching, post-changes. There are a few from before them but it'd be nice to have an updated, precise one. A lot of people come in here and ask, and I feel bad when I can't comfortably give them a link. Perhaps one should be written?

Yeah, even I wouldn't mind that. Maybe someone that's done so can whip one up? I can add that to the FAQ after I put up the thread.

Ponn

Banned

“what are these black blotches on my screen, IM FREAKING OUT!!!”

“My light is just blinkin solid and nothing happens when i push it, IM FREAKING OUT!!!”

Word on the twitters is Ratchet and Clank for the Vita wasn't mentioned on today's PS blogcast meaning it likely won't hit next week. So much for that January release :(

BOOOOOOOO

Kazerei

Banned
I think this is all that needs to be said, right?

How to switch PSN accounts on PS Vita

First of all, note that:
1. A system can only be linked to one account at a time
2. A memory card can only be linked to one account at a time

To switch accounts, you must:
1. Restore the PS Vita System (Settings > Format > Restore)
2. Format the memory card (if you only have one) or swap in another memory card (if you have multiple)

kiyomi

I switch accounts often so I can try to whip up a small tutorial if need be.
Do it shark dude!

“what are these black blotches on my screen, IM FREAKING OUT!!!”

“My light is just blinkin solid and nothing happens when i push it, IM FREAKING OUT!!!”
:lol

And you know people will still post a ton of them.

Played some JSR just now, looks really pretty on the Vita. It's still a bit janky but actually I prefer the controls to the PS3 version.

kiyomi

I think this is all that needs to be said, right?

How to switch PSN accounts on PS Vita

First of all, note that:
1. A system can only be linked to one account at a time
2. A memory card can only be linked to one account at a time

To switch accounts, you must:
1. Restore the PS Vita System (Settings > Format > Restore)
2. Format the memory card (if you only have one) or swap in another memory card (if you have multiple)
What about deactivating? Because I was deactivating my Vita every time, but then Kyle/twentytwo22 said you don't need to.

That's why I think a clear step-by-step guide would be useful. It'd help me if no-one else. :p

Allforce

Can you download PSP demos to your Vita? I saw the online storefront is up and tried to download a Monster Hunter PSP demo but it says "This Content Cannot Be Downloaded by a Vita" despite the game description saying it would work.

I tried downloading it to the PS3 and doing "Content Manager" but the Vita doesn't find anything, the demo is even in the uninstalled "bubble" form on my PS3 Games XMB tab.

So close to finishing the Pro AM DLC in Motorstorm... one ... last.... medal :( I'm stuck on the drifting challenge - I literally got the 10 minutes or less trophy before the 3 medals one. I just want to finish it already arhghrhghgrhgrh!!! I started Persona finally so I want to move onto that now but I know as soon as I put down Motorstorm I'll probably never want to %100 it.

Also: Can't wait for the new thread. Adios old OT :(

carlos

So after buying hot shots golf on that psn sale a while ago, I just got 97% of the trophies, the one missing is the double eagle one.

I think I'm going to stop playing now since I've only hit one double eagle in all the golf games I've ever played , including 4 previous hot shots and two mario golf's. (I need the memory stick space for other stuff; poor 4GB vitabro here )

managed to come in sixth in a daily tournament too, that was nice....I highly recommend HSG on vita if you still don't have it!

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
I don't know enough Spanish to tell if one of the vitabros I added purchased SASRT or just tried the demo. This is what I deserve for taking French instead. Worthless.

PopInnovation

Neo Member
What about deactivating? Because I was deactivating my Vita every time, but then Kyle/twentytwo22 said you don't need to.

That's why I think a clear step-by-step guide would be useful. It'd help me if no-one else. :p

Whenever I change memory cards to switch accounts I just hit deactivate whenever it prompts me to after hitting restore.

Or did you mean something else?

Kazerei

Banned

There's a difference between system activation and what I'll call system linking.

Right now my Vita is linked to my North American PSN account. However, my Vita is still activated on my Japanese PSN account. If I sign in at sonyentertainmentnetwork.com, my Vita will still show up on my Japanese account. Even though that Vita is currently linked to my American account.

System activation is stored on the network, whereas the system link is stored locally. So when you restore the PS Vita system, the link is automatically broken, while the activation remains. Does that make sense?

Kyle is right, you don't need to deactivate in order to switch accounts. If you're planning to switch back-and-forth, you should just skip that step, because you'll have to re-activate later.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
The new thread is 99% done. All it's missing is... a name!

So what say you guys?

PSP2 January/Feb '13 thread of #dead

And then edit the Street vs Juggle rising from the dead .gif with the hardware in place of the SvT boxart.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
I also have NFS:MW--pretty amazing on the Vita.

Been playing the Sonic Racing demo and there's only one part where I notice it stutter--at the exit of the cave in the Golden Axe course, a short distance before the the 1st checkpoint.

Was just wondering, if I'm happy with the frame rate of NFS:MW can I expect the same from Sonic Racing? Is it better or worse in your opinion (in terms of overall frame rate)?
Frame rate seems good to me - it noticably drops on the Samba de Amigo course, but not to the point where it impacts gameplay or anything like that. Game has an awesome sense of speed! Loving the music, too.
So close to finishing the Pro AM DLC in Motorstorm... one ... last.... medal :( I'm stuck on the drifting challenge - I literally got the 10 minutes or less trophy before the 3 medals one. I just want to finish it already arhghrhghgrhgrh!!! I started Persona finally so I want to move onto that now but I know as soon as I put down Motorstorm I'll probably never want to %100 it.

Also: Can't wait for the new thread. Adios old OT :(
It can be done! I platinumed all of RC + DLC with 17 hours on the clock.

OmegaZero

I just wanted to add that I've been playing NGS+ on and off lately, and it's still super fun as butchered as it is.

If anyone's on the fence, I totes recommend it even though it's only 30fps and randomly loads/freezes. I never played Sigma before, so I don't mind that it's not based on Black. I like some of Sigma's changes, tbh.

Really excited for NGS2+ and DOA5+ and most likely buying those digitally, as well. Kind of bummed I have to stop myself from doing that with 3DS games, but that's neither here nor there, I guess.

Yesh. Listen to branny.
That feel of 60fps.

Also, Sigma does that. The loading in between areas/mid-area. You'll get used to it if you haven't already.

How to switch Regions/PSN accounts on your Vita

Three thing are needed to switch regions/PSN accounts on your Vita: a Vita(obviously), a spare memory card(not required, but you will lose everything on the card you use unless you back it up, which takes ages), and probable patience.

Step 1: If you do not have PlayStation+, make sure you sync your trophies with the server so they save on your PSN account! Go to the Trophies bubble and sign in to do so.
Step 2: Turn off the system and remove your memory card. This is a major precautionary step if you are using a spare memory card since you WILL lose everything on the card if you keep it in the system while restoring.
Step 3: Turn the system back on and go to Settings -> Format -> Restore the PS Vita System.
Step 4: http://i5.minus.com/iJ9MeCfFf6jNO.jpg Click Restore.
Step 5: http://i2.minus.com/iBQfnaarolc3W.jpg After clicking restore, it will ask you if you wish to deactivate your PSN account. If you plan on going back and using that account on your Vita again, which many of you likely are, this step is optional. It saves time and allows you to not go through the effort of having to re-activate everything. If you plan on staying with the account you're switching to for long periods of time, however, you may want to deactivate it. Again, it doesn't hurt to deactivate it or keep it activated!
Step 6: Click through the available options and your Vita will restart.
Step 7: Look, you now have to go through the first-time setup. Again! Get used to this if you plan on switching accounts. Click through the region/time zone/current time information if it's correct(for your region, not the region you're switching to).
Step 8: It will then ask if you have a SEN account. This is where you may login to the account you are switching to, or to create an account for that region. Simple enough, click through all that and login, etc.
Step 9(Optional): Figured I should include this information. If you turn off your Vita during the dreadful intro video, it automatically skips it and you just need to turn it back on.
Step 10: Aaaaand that's it! Throw in your spare memory card and download away. I recommend turning off system music and turning on button navigation. http://i2.minus.com/iVMg2aNr5sheq.jpg

Hopefully this helps someone and it doesn't sound like nonsense. D: It is getting pretty late so it might just be words thrown out into a bundle of mess.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Not sure if anybody has posted any screenshots from the PSO2 beta test in this thread, but 4Gamer and Game Watch just posted some impressions and screenshots.

dXJPE5t.jpg
C5EoZRS.jpg

bFP0fPr.jpg
r1FE7GH.jpg

wtyOki9.jpg
xvEXQm5.jpg

kVR9mP3.jpg
yx77yg6.jpg

X8Fnl9e.jpg
VkCLTAL.jpg

PopInnovation

Neo Member
How to switch Regions/PSN accounts on your Vita
Step 2: Turn off the system and remove your memory card. This is a major precautionary step if you are using a spare memory card since you WILL lose everything on the card if you keep it in the system while restoring.

Awesome How-To!

Question about this step though... if you leave your memory card in the device, you get a message asking if you want to format the memory card. If you hit no, you don't still lose everything on the memory card/all your saves right?

Awesome How-To!

Question about this step though... if you leave your memory card in the device, you get a message asking if you want to format the memory card. If you hit no, you don't still lose everything on the memory card/all your saves right?
Thank you!

As for that, I'm not so sure. I don't think you lose everything on that memory card, but you will not be able to use it on the other account as the cards are seemingly account-locked now. If you insert it while the other account is in use, you'll get a message saying that "this memory card is tied to [PSN ID] reformat plz". So I like to just be better safe than sorry and remove it beforehand.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Thank you!

As for that, I'm not so sure. I don't think you lose everything on that memory card, but you will not be able to use it on the other account as the cards are seemingly account-locked now. If you insert it while the other account is in use, you'll get a message saying that "this memory card is tied to [PSN ID] reformat plz". So I like to just be better safe than sorry and remove it beforehand.
Thanks for your great tutorial!

This method with a second card, does it allow you to collect Trophies normally on your spare card/alt account?

For instance, I usually use my UK account, but also have a JP one for occasional downloads/purchases. Will I be able to access and have both fully featured as long as they're kept active on separate cards?

PopInnovation

Neo Member
Thanks for your great tutorial!

This method with a second card, does it allow you to collect Trophies normally on your spare card/alt account?

For instance, I usually use my UK account, but also have a JP one for occasional downloads/purchases. Will I be able to access and have both fully featured as long as they're kept active on separate cards?

Yes you definitely can earn trophies on both accounts. However, if you try to earn trophies on a different account for the same game, you might get an error message saying you can only earn trophies on the first account you used. You can get around this by uninstalling (hold down your finger on the bubble and hit delete) and reinstalling the game. Not particularly sure if this affects your save at all on your original memory card, but it would obviously then prevent you from going back to your original account and continuing to earn trophies since you have now "linked" it to a different account.

In short, keep the trophies you earn from a game tied to only one account.

PopInnovation

Neo Member
I bought a vita at launch...saw that there weren't many games at the time and the near future...is it worth getting one now?

This is just my personal opinion, but right now I think it entirely depends on what you want to get out of the device.

I kind of feel the device is sitting in a bit of a niche zone - take a look at the top post of each page in this thread and check out the games people have recommended. If any of them are strongly to your taste, buy one.

If you are still a bit up in the air even after taking a look at the better titles available, it might be worth waiting it out a bit.

Keep in mind the device is also region free, which opens up a lot of opportunity.

Buying my Vita tomorrow, so excite! Unfortunately 32 GB cards are so expensive here so it will be a while until I can get one of those.

Awesome! I hope you really enjoy it!
If you're getting a screen protector, I'd suggest the one by Hori. There are videos on YouTube showing how to put apply it correctly.

What games are you getting for it? As you might know from the thread, Persona 4 Golden and Mutant Blobs Attack are really great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom