• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | December 2013 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

incpdo

So Amazing spiderman framerate issues are worst than jak n daxter´s?

Anyone can confirm what kind of story mode has the new DBZ game? i mean is like those shinbudokai games?

Zushin

Hmm, I've never played a DBZ game before, but this new one looks interesting. Do the games usually have a single player component/story mode or is it purely multiplayer?

JimPanzer

it is good yes. all eps from season 1 are there.

graphically its slightly glitchier than the 360 version (havent tried the PS3 version), and there were a few other minor glitches (out of sync sound and some skipped dialog), but the game engine is fucking wonky as hell on any system.

no save issues whatsoever. PC is the only one that had that.

the touch controls for Vita were very good and i played through the whole game with them, worked better than a controller for the game honestly.

so there are some downsides and upsides. probably evens out as being as good as the console versions.

I only played 5 minutes of the beginning. the game seemed to "stutter" pretty strong and the dialogue took some time to load after you made choice. is that the case throughout the whole game?

Number45

Everything I'm doing on Sonic Racing is balls to the wall hard, so I picked up Rainbow Moon yesterday (along with Lone Survivor) for a change of pace and I'm really enjoying it so far. It's quite challenging from the off (playing normal/adventuresome), but now that I've levelled up and done a bit of crafting, the fights are starting to become much more manageable.

-Digits-

I only played 5 minutes of the beginning. the game seemed to "stutter" pretty strong and the dialogue took some time to load after you made choice. is that the case throughout the whole game?

Yeah, sadly it's a problem throughout. But I even had stutters on the pc version. The engine they use just seems wonky.

Any Broken Sword Vita impresssions yet?

Daigoro

on and off yes. its this way on all the console releases and probably PC too. the game is definitely flaky, and Vita version is a bit worse than what i remember from playing it on 360. its just the way it is though sadly.

Vita version has touch controls and portability going for it, and seems to run a bit less smooth than the other versions knocks it down a few pegs.

jamsy

Yeah, it's very very stuttery. I played through all the episodes on the Vita, and frankly, I don't think the Vita version is the way to go. I recommend the PC version, but apparently there is some save bug issue that may or may not come up.

co1onel

Yeah, it's very very stuttery. I played through all the episodes on the Vita, and frankly, I don't think the Vita version is the way to go. I recommend the PC version, but apparently there is some save bug issue that may or may not come up.

The stuttery occurs wherever you go. And the save bug is a nightmare. Honestly, I don't think it matter which version you get. They all have issues.

Maedhros

uhhh.. No. It's one of the most liked entries in the series. It was voted as the best game ever in Famitsu's readers' polls in some recent year and you can be 100% certain it would be quite high up on western FF fans' "best FF" polls as well. X-2 is more divisive, although in recent years more and more people have come to appreciate its gameplay strengths.

And you get criticism for absolutely ridiculous hyperbole. Sure, Uncharted 3 was a bit rushed, but it's nowhere near the kind of shitfest you make it seem like. I mean, no one would give a shit if you just said you didn't like Uncharted 3, but when you post a million times in a thread that Uncharted 3 is the worst thing since WWII as if that's some absolute truth, it gets tiresome. It's like you take some minor flaw and just turn it into some game breaking shit that has no redeeming qualities.

You also hate on a lot of other generally liked games for absolutely stupid reasons. The only thing I can commend you on is that I've never seen you recommend some absolute shit game, but again, you do like to hate on some great games for silly reasons or for stuff that is just down to your own limited preferences.

The only answer is to put him on ignore or ignore him, if you can.

Omerta

I still have no idea what Near is but my area has gone from regularly pulling between 30-40 players to 105 today.

Xmas vita boom?

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
finally getting the hang of terraria, but i had to basically lose all my shit before i did. furious.

i guess if you dump all your stuff at home & die, you still lose your stuff. finally was able to make a chest so at least i can save what i have now. lost a bunch of fallen stars, presents and a ton of wood :(

fwpx

I still have no idea what Near is but my area has gone from regularly pulling between 30-40 players to 105 today.

Xmas vita boom?

Yeah, I don't fully understand what near is supposed to be/used for. Is it a halfcocked attempt at streetpass?

jetsetrez

Any thoughts on Ridge Racer? I've heard really bad things about it being a mess with microtransactions, but I have something of an irrational love of RR (put a disgusting amount of time into RR PSP, rr6, and rr7). I don't understand why the base game is still so expensive if it's just a husk of a game without dlc.

Also anyone playing Mutant Mudds? It looks quite nice to me, think I might pick it up after Tearaway.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
The only answer is to put him on ignore or ignore him, if you can.

Man, I don't want to sound like I am sitting on a high horse by saying this but it's just sad when one VitaGAF is putting another VitaGAF on ignore........ Vita's already receiving a huge beating everywhere it goes so the last thing it needs is for its users to fight against one another, hahaha.

Anyways, these sales weeks are scary. Don't want to get burned on buying something *now* when all of the sudden the games I am buying get a discount *later*....

Man, I don't want to sound like I am sitting on a high horse by saying this but it's just sad when one VitaGAF is putting another VitaGAF on ignore........ Vita's already receiving a huge beating everywhere it goes so the last thing it needs is for its users to fight against one another, hahaha.

Anyways, these sales weeks are scary. Don't want to get burned on buying something *now* when all of the sudden the games I am buying get a discount *later*....

Then just buy stuff that's on sale?

Omerta

Yeah, I don't fully understand what near is supposed to be/used for. Is it a halfcocked attempt at streetpass?

Nobody knows.

As far as I can tell; it teases you with social content without being able to communicate with the other near users in any way. I tried to add local users the other day because I thought it might be a "nice thing" to keep the secret society of the vita initiated going but I don't think you can even do that!

They might as well be bots - raising brand confidence and creating false markets.

playing Mutant Mudds? It looks quite nice to me, think I might pick it up after Tearaway.
Mutant Mudds is, to all intents and purposes, a Game Boy platformer. For better and worse.

Finally bought and played Terraria on Vita

Not too shabby

Very unintuitive game overall though

It's either this or Spelunky, and Terraria would basically be only to hold me over until Minecraft comes. What should I go for?

sajj316

I guessed correctly that you guys were referring to Toto without digging into the last few pages :)

It's not his first time on the troll rodeo. For the last troll, I give it a 3/10 Totos ...

Played Tearaway last night with a huge grin on my face ..

People shouldn't ignore anyone in VitaGAF, we're all good people
That's how everyone plays Tearaway :)

EU PSN VITAGAF!
Broken Sword 5 is now available on EU PSN, if you like adventure games, def. get it!
Ep. 1 is 10 Pounds and 8 Pounds for Plus members
Ep. 1+2 Bundle is 16 Pounds and 12.79 Pounds for Plus members

Really good discount for Plus members, now hopefully the game runs well on the Vita XP

Thanks, grabbed it

Maedhros

Nah man, I'm not fighting him or anything. It's just the way I choose to ignore his posts instead of wasting my time responding to him. If I keep seeing the posts, I'll always try to answer.

He's entitled to his opinion, seriously. I can respect that.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I guessed correctly that you guys were referring to Toto without digging into the last few pages :)

It's not his first time on the troll rodeo. For the last troll, I give it a 3/10 Totos ...

Eeh, I never actually saw him as a troll... he's just sometimes being too upfront... or maybe I should say honest, when voicing his opinions... perhaps even brutally so, hahaha.

Anyways, we shouldn't fight each other :)

Nah man, I'm not fighting him or anything. It's just the way I choose to ignore his posts instead of wasting my time responding to him. If I keep seeing the posts, I'll always try to answer.

He's entitled to his opinion, seriously. I can respect that.

Fair enough :)

Sorry Toto, for talking about you like this! Hahaha.

the touch controls for Vita were very good and i played through the whole game with them, worked better than a controller for the game honestly.

It worked for me until the first zombie in the house, I could not figure out what the game wanted me to do there. I would swipe whatever direction to avoid the zombie, and eventually it would still kill me. I could avoid it 5 times, do the same thing the 6th time and it wouldn't work that time and I would die. I tried using the analog stick. I tried multiple combinations of inputs to try to figure out what the game wanted me to do... I could not get past that part. It's rare a game ever throws me off to this extent. Janky as hell.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
having only played minecraft pc, terraria vita blows it out of the water.

worth the wait.

need to get more presents so i can xmas-ify my humble home

Yasumi

Banned
Yay, just got charged for Madoka Battle Pentagram. Hopefully it arrives before Christmas, though I'm not holding my breath. Will post some impressions when I've had some time with it.

Omerta

I've only played episode 1 of the walking dead (season 1) on vita and it didn't click with me. I haven't gone back to it for ages.

Did anyone else not like it initially but end up loving it? There's so much universal praise for that game that I feel that there's something wrong with me!

having only played minecraft pc, terraria vita blows it out of the water.

worth the wait.

I will have to try the demo. Remember playing the XBLA trial and not enjoying it, but it might be one of those games that works better portable.

I've only played episode 1 of the walking dead (season 1) on vita and it didn't click with me. I haven't gone back to it for ages.

Did anyone else not like it initially but end up loving it? There's so much universal praise for that game that I feel that there's something wrong with me!

I played a demo of it and didn't enjoy it much, ended up buying the full game in a Steam sale and loving it. I hate episodic gaming.

Chorazin

Ok this Uncharted 3 hate is getting ridiculous.

I'm not saying I hated U3 (well, ok, I hated the last mission) I just had more fun with UGA. That's probably due to it exceeding my extremely low expectations for it, and U3 falling far from my expectations.

Dante Dante Dante Dante Dante Dante Dante Dante

Bend needed to make their own thing with Uncharted, not trying to copy UC1, they even got an Elena clone in there.

Agreed. Trust me, I'm not going to war for Golden Abyss and trying to sell it as something it's not, but as an Uncharted experience that launched on a gimmick filled handheld it's better than I expected at the price of free (w/ Plus, natch).

Had I paid actual money for this, yeah, I would be way harsher on it.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle

It is a game that lives and breathe on the strength of its characters/writings with gameplay in a very distant far way land so if those two factors don't engage you then I don't think you will find playing the entire game satisfactory.

But... having said that, you should probably give it a chance at least until the end of episode 2.

Omerta

I played a demo of it and didn't enjoy it much, ended up buying the full game in a Steam sale and loving it. I hate episodic gaming.

I don't like episodic gaming either although I can see it is a useful business model for mid-tier developers to get quality products out, quickly.

I've no excuses though, I bought the season package.

It is a game that lives and breathe on the strength of its characters/writings with gameplay in a very distant far way land so if those two factors don't engage you then I don't think you will find playing the entire game satisfactory.

But... having said that, you should probably give it a chance at least until the end of episode 2.

I will. Tbh, it was probably more a case of the vita backlog working against me than anything else... Any game that didn't immediately click with me was pushed to the back of the queue.

I've cleared the backlog pretty successfully now... Could be time to jump back into TWD.

Manac0r

People shouldn't ignore anyone in VitaGAF, we're all good people.

Thanks, grabbed it

Agree with you totally, VitaGAF gots to stick together. This thing of ours....

Also when you finally get a chance, could you post some Broken Sword impressions.... Tempted.

Rnr1224

I picked up the demo for sbz and its surprisingly good so far. I love dbz but I've only played budokai 3 But I like this one so far. How does everyone else like it?

You have them selected in your inventory and press triangle.

Terraria is so awesome on Vita so far. I did not expect to lose so many hours to it earlier. And when my Vita charges back up, I'm going to lose some more.

it says push "R"' to open them

which either changes inventory pages

or if its "equipped", does absolutely nothing. thanks

Mmmhmmm.

I want to buy stuff now but maybe it'd be better to hold back just yet to see all the games in sales before plunging in.

Also remember we get a sneak peek at the next week's sales before the current week's sales end. Nice way to decide what to buy.

So far I've bought Ni No Kuni and Guacamelee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom