• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | December 2013 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

killatopak

Gold Member
Very very very very very different lol. For some reason I thought it was Asia only demo. It NA as well? It's been a while since I have played Tenkaichi but I'm pretty sure it was a 2.5D fighter while Budokai Tenkaichi is a 3D arena fighter.

I think the 2.5 fighting is just Budokai. The ones from the PS2 right?

Chronologically, it's Budokai 1-3 then Budokai Tenkaichi 1-3 then Raging Blast 1-2 lastly Ultimate Tenkaichi. I think.

The Dr. Strange table for Zen Pinball actually looks awesome. Too bad I found the view in Star Wars pinball pretty awkward. Maybe on PS4?

Speaking of awkward, I really love Flower, but I just can't click with it on Vita. Either tilting the screen everywhere or wiping my finger over everything breaks the relaxing immersive flow state this game exists to provide, at least for me. PS4 version was a great time, though.

My bro.

This is the sole reason why I never bought a PSP GO. I shall never forgive them....never.

I can kind of understand why they wouldn't put up Metal Gear Ac!d 2 because it used those 3D glasses. But it's a shame because those games ruled and I would totally play another one. The first Ac!d was the game that finally made me "get" Metal Gear as a franchise. It just never clicked with me before that.

Takao

Banned
DBZ uses the same engine as Project Versus J?

Im curious about the new DBZ does it really have 70+ characters? how about story mode is it good? it covers DBZ entirely?

1) We don't know.
2) It has 70+ roster spots:
Z9zSJW2.jpg

But as you can see, it includes transformations
3) We won't know until it comes out.
4) There are Boo era characters, which indicates covering the entire Z portion.

Skyzard

Banned
Glad to hear positive impressions of the DBZ demo, hopefully EU gets that too...

Hours go by so easily just mining away in Terraria.

Making progress in the new world, bit slow but I can now handle the soul eaters on the outside near the corruption easily, same with the worms. Got some better equipment and my head around the basics now. Found some more hearts thankfully, but still not got any use for the mana yet. Next up I'll be looking for more silver and maybe a few skeletons so I can make a grapple hook.

I need to make the wood more symmetrical under some of the doors.

Really, really liking Terraria. Im sure the controls aren't as good as a mouse, but the ability to the use the rear touch pad as a mouse is quite good. The two options for cursor movement are great. Touch controls help round everything out.

I have to get used to the menus a bit more, but i can see it being quite easy to navigate after spending some time with it

unrealist

Earth Defense Force 2017 Portable seems to have a number of negative reviews from critics but many players seem to love it too ..is it worth the $15?

Are there AI players/NPCs in missions?

killatopak

Gold Member
Earth Defense Force 2017 Portable seems to have a number of negative reviews from critics but many players seem to love it too ..is it worth the $15?

Majority of VitaGAF seem to like EDF especially at that price. A very good pick up and play game.

There are.

Flandy

Curious to see how many people own a PS3/PS4 along with their Vitas. I made a poll where we can vote. Quote to reveal the poll. Hid the poll so it doesn't get griefed.

Curious to see how many people own a PS3/PS4 along with their Vitas. I made a poll where we can vote. Quote to reveal the poll. Hid the poll so it doesn't get griefed.

To elaborate; Never owned a PS3, always regretted it since owning an Xbox 360 has been a generally miserable experience. Plan on getting a PS4 eventually, oh and I owned a PSP a while back.

Looking forward to being a Playstation kid again.

killatopak

Gold Member

Dude you double posted.

I have all Sony consoles including the slim and super slim models and all the handheld models. The only one I don't have is the PS4 and Vita 2000.
Opps :lol Is there a way to delete them or do I now have to live with the shame that a double post brings?
Shame on you for 2 generations.

Now you'll be branded as a double poster.

Flandy

Dude you double posted.

I have all Sony consoles including the slim and super slim models and all the handheld models. The only one I don't have is the PS4 and Vita 2000.

Opps :lol Is there a way to delete them or do I now have to live with the shame that a double post brings?

Famassu

EDF is great very much in a B Movie kind of way, if you know what I mean.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
...Aaaand with "quoting everyone and responding to them" tactics Killatopak has managed to overshoot Corrosivefrost as the top poster!

Who_Posted.jpg

Now we wait in trepidation: will Corrosivefrost launches a counterattack? Or will Killatopak will continue to strap on his rocket booster to fly farther?

Accepting bets, people.

Flandy

...Aaaand with "quoting everyone and responding to them" tactics Killatopak has managed to overshoot Corrosivefrost as the top poster!

Who_Posted.jpg

Now we wait in trepidation: will Corrosivefrost launches a counterattack? Or will Killatopak will continue to strap on his rocket booster to fly farther?

Accepting bets, people.

:lol
I'll make a surprise comeback and claim my rightful throne to Vitagaf
Oh and Dark theme > Vanilla theme

Tapejara

EDF is great very much in a B Movie kind of way, if you know what I mean.

Ya, the EDF games are great. Expanding on Famassu's point, they definitely have a B-movie charm. The premise is ridiculous, the production values are low; basically the whole game is reminiscent of low budget sci-fi films.

I'd say it's worth it for $15.

Edit: Also, yes, there are AI/NPCs in missions, but they're mostly cannon fodder. There is online coop though!

Shengar

They locked Iga in Konami's basement of no return with Goemon and Bomberman.

FIFA killed PES sales, MGS is not a big seller anymore and LovePlus was long ago, Castlevanias is not popular and western SH bombs... seriously how this company still exist?

Mobile game, if I'm not wrong

nampad

Just fell through the world the second time in Stick it to the Man making it neccessary to quit the game and replay a part of the level.

*shakes fist at Tizoc*

Edit: third time...chapter 9 is a fucking glitchy mess. Music also stopped on me once. Now I have to listen to that shitty unskippable dialogue once again.

hitmon

Just finished Tearaway and thought it was ok. I admit there were times in the game where I smiled so Kudos to MM. I think its a great game for kids or anybody who has a creative imagination.

jonno394

Is th Vita version of Walking Dead any good? Did they fix the save glitch from the PC version? Are all eps there? Any other issue?

Im playing through Walking Dead atm and its my first experience of the game. Really enjoying it, looks good. Only minor annoyance is the pause/mini freeze that occurs before key dialogue/event choices appear on screen

Autofokus

Is the Vita version of Walking Dead any good? Did they fix the save glitch from the PC version? Are all eps there? Any other issue?

I had no save glitch and it runs as good/bad as those other ports (iOS, PS360) - so the performance is a little wonky. Beside that, it's content-complete (all Episodes incl. 400 Days).

Tapejara

Ugh, the framerate drops in Runner 2 are driving me nuts. It's not super bad, but they pop up enough times that it becomes annoying.

Edgeward

Ugh, that counter at the top. Do you need to clear the stages within that time limit? I generally hate such mechanics.

It counts up, not down. I don't recall when playing the ios version of there being a time limit

Ugh, the framerate drops in Runner 2 are driving me nuts. It's not super bad, but they pop up enough times that it becomes annoying.

Disappointing to hear, would've loved to play this on the go. Hopefully a patch comes and smooths it out.

Going for Platinum on Rayman Origins. Game so pretty <3

One of my favourite Vita games. I ended up 100%ing it 3 times as I loved it so much (PS3 at launch, Vita later as it was an amazing port and lastly the 360 version which I borrowed off my brother!).

I should finally platinum Rayman Legends today. Been playing it daily since release and should finally have enough awesome points to level up to the final rank. The challenges have gotten harder over the last month or so as less people are playing most challenges, so getting in the top 1% for a diamond cup has become way harder. Not a fan of the Murfy stuff on either this or the PS3 version but the pure Rayman levels are excellent as always.

I didn't realise Mutant Mudds had been released on the Vita, I'll have to grab that as I loved it on the 3DS but I'm wondering if it'll lose something in the translation as I loved the 3D effect in the 3DS version.

cafemomo

I think FFX/X-2 not been good is the general opinion even among FF hardcore fans, no?
Like with all FF games, it's mixed. For some it's a wonderful game, but for others it was the beginning of the end.

Personally, I loved FFX. I loved all mainline FFs in their own little way. While of course I do prefer certain games above the rest (VI, VIII, etc..) and I do have my gripes (XIII-2, II, etc..) at the end of the day, they all provide me with a enjoyable experience.

Famassu

One of my favourite Vita games. I ended up 100%ing it 3 times as I loved it so much (PS3 at launch, Vita later as it was an amazing port and lastly the 360 version which I borrowed off my brother!).

I should finally platinum Rayman Legends today. Been playing it daily since release and should finally have enough awesome points to level up to the final rank. The challenges have gotten harder over the last month or so as less people are playing most challenges, so getting in the top 1% for a diamond cup has become way harder. Not a fan of the Murfy stuff on either this or the PS3 version but the pure Rayman levels are excellent as always.

I didn't realise Mutant Mudds had been released on the Vita, I'll have to grab that as I loved it on the 3DS but I'm wondering if it'll lose something in the translation as I loved the 3D effect in the 3DS version.
If you have more than 30 points left and aren't getting diamond from any challenges, you are not going to get Platinum after today. The Murphy challenge today is completely broken, you can't get through it because Globox jumps straight into a fiery pit no matter what you do at a certain part.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
FFX is awesome and everyone saying otherwise is wrong. :p

FFX-2 is also awesome, although I can be more forgiving with anyone who thinks otherwise for this.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Hours go by so easily just mining away in Terraria.

Making progress in the new world, bit slow but I can now handle the soul eaters on the outside near the corruption easily, same with the worms. Got some better equipment and my head around the basics now. Found some more hearts thankfully, but still not got any use for the mana yet. Next up I'll be looking for more silver and maybe a few skeletons so I can make a grapple hook.

I need to make the wood more symmetrical under some of the doors.

Looking good, pal! Man, just seeing someone else's work makes me want to dive back in right away. Would love to come in and help you build one of these days (I have far too much wood... ... and I cut down too many trees in Terraria, arf arf).

Really, really liking Terraria. Im sure the controls aren't as good as a mouse, but the ability to the use the rear touch pad as a mouse is quite good. The two options for cursor movement are great. Touch controls help round everything out.

I have to get used to the menus a bit more, but i can see it being quite easy to navigate after spending some time with it

I totally overlooked this. Will make managing the inventory much easier!

FFVII and FFX are arguably the most popular ones in the main series.

X-2 got a mixed reception. Most popular complaint was how Yuna and Rikku changed image (Yuna specially).

bebop242

Prob asked before, but couldn't find it. Is the 64gig card compatible with an US vita? Is it plug and play like the others, or is there a hitch? I'm tired of constantly rotating games with my 8gig. Want to go all out and not have to worry about it. (for awhile anyway)

Aytrial

Prob asked before, but couldn't find it. Is the 64gig card compatible with an US vita? Is it plug and play like the others, or is there a hitch? I'm tired of constantly rotating games with my 8gig. Want to go all out and not have to worry about it. (for awhile anyway)

There are no issues with import memory cards.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle

Yea just plug it in and let the Vita do its thing for a bit and then all set.

Grinchy

Banned
Damn, Terraria is pretty awesome on Vita. I think the controls finally clicked for me. Switching between the smart/manual cursor methods was such an intelligent way to get this game working with a controller instead of KB/M. I fear I may become quite addicted.

This will hold me over for a while as I wait for Starbound to receive some more updates/patches.

Daigoro

Is the Vita version of Walking Dead any good? Did they fix the save glitch from the PC version? Are all eps there? Any other issue?

it is good yes. all eps from season 1 are there.

graphically its slightly glitchier than the 360 version (havent tried the PS3 version), and there were a few other minor glitches (out of sync sound and some skipped dialog), but the game engine is fucking wonky as hell on any system.

no save issues whatsoever. PC is the only one that had that.

the touch controls for Vita were very good and i played through the whole game with them, worked better than a controller for the game honestly.

so there are some downsides and upsides. probably evens out as being as good as the console versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom