• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | December 2013 |

Status
Not open for further replies.
Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus
Conception II
Akiba's Trip 2

Sweet, more Vita support via Japanese localisations is always a good thing. I don't really know anything about those titles apart from the first one though, which from what I recall is that Shadow of the Colossal Tits game. Are they meant to be any good?

Sweet, more Vita support via Japanese localisations is always a good thing. I don't really know anything about those titles apart from the first one though, which from what I recall is that Shadow of the Colossal Tits game. Are they meant to be any good?

From what I've seen and read, the game is quite good despite a number of people buying it for the PLOT alone. All 3 games are full of PLOT by the way.
But PSP is dead. Not viable unless it works on Vita.
A lot of Vita CFW users can.

You have PC/Android emulator PPSSPP that apparently runs it Full speed.

And there are currently ways to get it on Vita though not quite convenient or accessible
Bleh

This is why it needs to be localized on Vita. Not jumping through hoops to play a game that should have been released anyway. Square are a piece of shit company.

Rampage99

Hey everybody! Long time lurker and a new Vita owner as of Christmas and I'm absolutely loving it! Tearaway and Limbo alone have completely won me over and I haven't even touched all of the other games I have through the Amazon bundle, PS+ and prior PSP/PSOne Classic purchases. This kind of leads me into a question - has anyone else had games randomly disappear from their download list?

Back when I first picked up my PS3 (pretty sure in 2008) I grabbed some classic RPGs that I always wanted to play. One of them was FFVIII. I knew I was getting my Vita since Black Friday so I started following this thread and have been keeping an eye on game recommendations while also going through all my compatible old purchases. I saw FFVIII in my download history along with Vagrant Story and Xenogears and was really excited to finally play through them (the portability will make this possible as I'm home a lot less than I'd like to be...). So Christmas day I started uploading all my games to the Vita and noticed FFVIII was no longer on the list. I went on the Sony Entertainment Network site and looked through all of my games and purchase history but it didn't show up anywhere.

I'm going to hook my PS3 back up to the TV this weekend (had to move it to the side for the PS4 and Xbox One) to see if it's still on the console since I played it for like 30 minutes when I first bought it. I originally bought it on an old credit card I no longer have/use so I can't really dig up my purchase history that way and since it was back in 2008/2009 I don't think the $9.99 it's priced at is worth the hassle. I've seen online that this isn't all that uncommon. Some people get reimbursed while others don't. Have any of you had this issue?

CHC

Give me a weekend at the in-laws and I will give you the world....

aNeLW9j.jpg

Couldn't have done it without you, Vita

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
Hey everybody! Long time lurker and a new Vita owner as of Christmas and I'm absolutely loving it! Tearaway and Limbo alone have completely won me over and I haven't even touched all of the other games I have through the Amazon bundle, PS+ and prior PSP/PSOne Classic purchases. This kind of leads me into a question - has anyone else had games randomly disappear from their download list?

Back when I first picked up my PS3 (pretty sure in 2008) I grabbed some classic RPGs that I always wanted to play. One of them was FFVIII. I knew I was getting my Vita since Black Friday so I started following this thread and have been keeping an eye on game recommendations while also going through all my compatible old purchases. I saw FFVIII in my download history along with Vagrant Story and Xenogears and was really excited to finally play through them (the portability will make this possible as I'm home a lot less than I'd like to be...). So Christmas day I started uploading all my games to the Vita and noticed FFVIII was no longer on the list. I went on the Sony Entertainment Network site and looked through all of my games and purchase history but it didn't show up anywhere.

I'm going to hook my PS3 back up to the TV this weekend (had to move it to the side for the PS4 and Xbox One) to see if it's still on the console since I played it for like 30 minutes when I first bought it. I originally bought it on an old credit card I no longer have/use so I can't really dig up my purchase history that way and since it was back in 2008/2009 I don't think the $9.99 it's priced at is worth the hassle. I've seen online that this isn't all that uncommon. Some people get reimbursed while others don't. Have any of you had this issue?

Can't say I have heard of this problem before. Did you buy ff8 on the same account? If yes, yea, you should try to get a refund or at least get the issue fixed with Sony support.

Rampage99

Can't say I have heard of this problem before. Did you buy ff8 on the same account? If yes, yea, you should try to get a refund or at least get the issue fixed with Sony support.

Yeah, it was on the same account. As I mentioned, I saw it in my download list prior to Christmas. I may try Sony support but I feel like without proof I'll likely be out of luck. If it's still on my PS3 at least I'll have something to go off of. If not I guess it's just $10 and really my backlog is already huge enough... Thanks for the response!

frogg609

What are the minimum amount of packs I would need to buy on PSN to get all of the costumes in DOA5+? Doesn't seem like a very simple thing to figure out (or I'm just too tired this morning.).

I thought you could just buy all the expensive packs, but it seems like there will still be costumes missing.

Namikaze1

So I'm a Vita owner once again. I previously owned not one but 2 Vitas, both of which I sold to support myself while I was away from home for college. I had the choice of spending my Christmas money on Link Between Worlds or a Vita plus the 16 GB card. I went with the Vita since I had at least 20 games ready for the system from PS Plus. I will still pick up Zelda just not now. First thing I'm gonna try out is the PS4 Remote Play feature. And that's another reason I went with the Vita.

Okay now 10 hours into P4G. I'm really liking it and all but that freaking OST is annoying the hell out of me.

HEARTBREAK HERTBREAK! ARGHHHHHHHHHH FUCKING STOP IT!!!

Is there any way to turn this shit off ?

Nice. That was definitely one of my favourite platinums. Great game with just the right difficulty level.

And none of this online leaderboard BS found in Legends. Content missing on day one? Let's change the trophy set to include online trophies! >_<

--

What happened to killatopak? He was still a junior, right?
So he's probably gone for good... what'd he do?

Steel

Banned
Okay now 10 hours into P4G. I'm really liking it and all but that freaking OST is annoying the hell out of me.

Nope, sadly. You can put your own music over it with the vita's music app though and the music would disappear.

The boss music is the worthwhile music in Persona, though. The other stuff grows on you. Like mold.

-Digits-

And none of this online leaderboard BS found in Legends. Content missing on day one? Let's change the trophy set to include online trophies! >_<

--

What happened to killatopak? He was still a junior, right?
So he's probably gone for good... what'd he do?

It's probably because of the rape joke he told. Luckily for him he's no longer a junior so he should be back soon.

I'm an hour into it and I like the music, but if it keeps repeating the same tracks like Persona 3 did then I will most definitely be in the same boat as you eventually.

The only thing I find annoying right now is Chie's voice. Makes me wanna do this...

f4ejTdw.gif

It's probably because of the rape joke he told. Luckily for him he's no longer a junior so he should be back soon.

Oh my.

That reminds me... my cousin wrote a bunch of jokes pertaining to Ghostbusters... and...

On second thought, I don't want a time out. :p

--

So is Shinovi Versus confirmed for the west?

Nope, sadly. You can put your own music over it with the vita's music app though and the music would disappear.

The boss music is the worthwhile music in Persona, though. The other stuff grows on you. Like mold.

Wait you can do that ?

This machine man, this machine...

Thanks for the tip.

The OST grows on you.

I thought it was weird at first, but I absolutely adore them now. They really hold up so well after so many listenings.

Dr. Buni

Persona 4's OST is amazing.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Well, I'm going to import that recently unveiled Homura figure in anticipation of the Senran Kagura localization announcement.

Getting all flustered.

QuasarJones

Neo Member
Do individual game sales ever occur mid-week, or only on Tuesdays? First time that I've had time off since getting my Vita, and I'm read to pick up P4G...how is it like the only couple of weeks where it hasn't been at $19.99 on PSN store.

Sadly you can't, but you'll grow into it. It's pretty shitty but you'll soon start singing to it. I hated it when I played Persona 3 but I got used to it.

Massa

Do individual game sales ever occur mid-week, or only on Tuesdays? First time that I've had time off since getting my Vita, and I'm read to pick up P4G...how is it like the only couple of weeks where it hasn't been at $19.99 on PSN store.

They've had a few flash sales during weekends but most of the time it's weekly sales that go live with the store update on Tuesdays.

Bonus tip: You're gonna wanna adjust the music volume so you can still hear people speak, hold down the PS button to do so.

Thanks again, but I've been having troubles with the background music though. Everytime I go back the game it pauses my music.

EDIT: CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S DISABLED FOR PERSONA! Just tried Soul Sac and it works just fine, it pauses when entering P4G.

Too fucking much. That song before entering Dungeons on the TV scene with Teddy is god damn horrible too. Guess I'll just mute it then.

Tizoc

I'm an hour into it and I like the music, but if it keeps repeating the same tracks like Persona 3 did then I will most definitely be in the same boat as you eventually.

The only thing I find annoying right now is Chie's voice. Makes me wanna do this...

f4ejTdw.gif

What's the source of that GIF?

thejpfin

Persona 4's OST is amazing.

Agree, but there is this one song what I hate.
When you are exploring Inaba, you hear this: You're special, You're special, You're special... Is so annoying.
I don't think its "You're special", but it sounds like it.

Amazing game, only played 5 hours so far, but having a blast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom