• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | December 2013 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Really hope this is true. I would replay all of the PixelJunk games on my Vita.
Shooter 1 and 2 should be sweet on vita.
Seriously. The only reason I haven't finished them now, is because everytime I play them I say,
"Man, this would be really good on my Vita"
And then I stop playing them. Because they aren't on my Vita.
What's up with the lack PS+ sales this week? I was hoping to get something to ring in the new year with haha
Didn't y'know? Everybody at Sony went home. They'll be back later.
I'd be interested in Sidescroller... maybe.
The rest? No thanks.
I'm not even sure why I bought them again on PC. :lol
Because you like them? You should figure out your relationship with Pixeljunk games.
Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | January 2014 | Riding The Coat Tails Of The PS4 Since 2013

cyborg009

Banned
btw, cyborg sounds exactly like the guy on the left:

Really? I looked him and thought I sounded a bit differently. But I was eating when we were playing then I put in my retainers after.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | January 2014| Yeah, we're still here

I voted this one.

edit:Kyon got FFX HD

b3QWX77.jpg

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, you just want a gold key from the mines to finish my tunnel at the end of the ice caves you cheesy bastard of a tunnel digging guy???!

Spelunker-woes

I received my 64GB card this morning from nippon-yasan.com, it cost me 72€ delivered - no customs extra costs as I used airmail, and I received it in a week.

That's less than a 32GB, if I bought it anywhere in France. Can't recommend this site enough.
So they're actually a legit site? Nice to know, I'll keep it for future reference. I usually use amazon.jp or rakuten and then a forwarding service.

Also got the twin pack today; it's a nice little box. For some reason, I was expecting it to be bigger. Played for 2 hours so far and the game really looks nice on the vita. For those who got it, am I the only one who has to turn the volume all the way up even with headphones?

Seriously. The only reason I haven't finished them now, is because everytime I play them I say,
"Man, this would be really good on my Vita"
And then I stop playing them. Because they aren't on my Vita.

Didn't y'know? Everybody at Sony went home. They'll be back later.

Because you like them? You should figure out your relationship with Pixeljunk games.
Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | January 2014 | Riding The Coat Tails Of The PS4 Since 2013

That's not true. The only one I started to really like was Sidescroller. I'm not a fan of Monsters, I didn't really like Shooter or Shooter 2, and Eden just got kind of... annoying.

edit:Kyon got FFX HD

God, save us.

So they're actually a legit site? Nice to know, I'll keep it for future reference. I usually use amazon.jp or rakuten and then a forwarding service.

Also got the twin pack today; it's a nice little box. For some reason, I was expecting it to be bigger. Played for 2 hours so far and the game really looks nice on the vita. For those who got it, am I the only one who has to turn the volume all the way up even with headphones?

Nippon Yasan is awesome.

Nippon Yasan are slow, but legit. Got my 64GB card from them as well

VanWinkle

Vita has a miiverse?

Ehh no but it could have been fleshed out into something like it. Activities get posted in the games Live Area, and people can like the post or comment on it. I wish they would have done more with it, but it was a pretty cool new feature when the Vita launched since no such thing as Miiverse existed.

cyborg009

Banned
Vita has a miiverse?
Not really its like twitter you can send the activities of the games your friends play. Things like trophies or special activities are shown on this feed and you can like them or comment on it. What sucks is Sony has never fleshed it out.....

-Digits-

Ehh no but it could have been fleshed out into something like it. Activities get posted in the games Live Area, and people can like the post or comment on it. I wish they would have done more with it, but it was a pretty cool new feature when the Vita launched since no such thing as Miiverse existed.

Seeing how popular Miiverse is, I'm surprised it hasn't been fleshed out more yet. I didn't even know about this feature until recently. I don't have many people on my friends list and none of them have a Vita so I only ever saw my own activity there. It's pretty neat but could be so much more.

Velcro Fly

Nothing good on TV tonight so it looks like a Vita night for me!

Need to decide between continuing my Tearaway adventure, starting Rayman Legends, or playing Gravity Rush.

Seeing how popular Miiverse is, I'm surprised it hasn't been fleshed out more yet. I didn't even know about this feature until recently. I don't have many people on my friends list and none of them have a Vita so I only ever saw my own activity there. It's pretty neat but could be so much more.

Miiverse is a cesspool. The only good feature of it is the screenshot feature and Vita already has that so no need.

My HORI grip just came in. Time to give Uncharted another shot I suppose.

Tales of Xillia done, I can dig back into clearing my Vita backlog and the first thing I do is buy Muramasa in the January Sale (EU PSN). Thankfully Dragon's Crown is £35 or I would have bought no questions asked as well.

Skyzard

Banned
Oh, you just want a gold key from the mines to finish my tunnel at the end of the ice caves you cheesy bastard of a tunnel digging guy???!

Spelunker-woes

Finally managed to do this today! Played loads of co-op with friends and they wanted to play more of the temple so I just worked on it and concentrated and got a bit lucky! Managed to get it and save just before the battery ran out too. Temple is hard but damn it feels good to get the shortcut. Will go back to making some progress in it soon hopefully...but some more P4G first.

-bit lame you can't unlock shortcuts in co-op though...tiny bit.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
Are there any games confirmed to be coming January?

Oh I think OlliOlli is for one. REALLY excited for that.

i think ZRun is supposed to come out too. atleast that's what they told me when I emailed them in Dec.

| Jan 2014 | ┏(-_-)┛┗(-_- )┓┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓

I just put in a preorder for FFX|X-2 HD Vita to go with my already preordered PS3 version.

Guys, I'm going to spend almost $90 on a couple of games which are more than a decade old. Please help.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I just put in a preorder for FFX|X-2 HD Vita to go with my already preordered PS3 version.

Guys, I'm going to spend almost $90 on a couple of games which are more than a decade old. Please help.

Haha.

At least you're not spending a lot of money to import games only for them to be localized a week/month later.

Haha.

Anyways... FFXHD will hit US shores when? March 2014? Still a pretty long while.... I'm still hovering around with that 41 bucks in my wallet too.... Do we have a confirmation about how much FFX and FFX-2 will cost in Vita?

Diebuster

Anyways... FFXHD will hit US shores when? March 2014? Still a pretty long while.... I'm still hovering around with that 41 bucks in my wallet too.... Do we have a confirmation about how much FFX and FFX-2 will cost in Vita?

Yep, it's $39.99 for both games on PSN and at retail. They're not selling them separately.

maouvin

Do we have a confirmation about how much FFX and FFX-2 will cost in Vita?

Aye, 40 USD: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013...lectors-edition-detailed-vita-release-date-2/

edit: beaten

Might add that X-2 is download only. The retail version comes with a FFX cart and a voucher for FFX-2:

The hard copy of the PS3 version has both games in one disc and only the Vita will be a combo with the FFX Cartridge and FFX-2 voucher packed in.

(Or is it just for the limited edition?)

Nippon Yasan are slow, but legit. Got my 64GB card from them as well
Nippon Yasan is awesome.
Thanks guys, I'll keep them bookmarked. Probably will use them as my gaming import site if the price are better than amazon since amiami are always sold out on the item I want.

March 18 and only for $40 for both. Physical copy of FFX and digital copy of X-2

It's worth it! Reliving the story is awesome.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Yep, it's $39.99 for both games on PSN and at retail. They're not selling them separately.

March 18 and only for $40 for both. Physical copy of FFX and digital copy of X-2

Oh my.

What do we have released from between this time and March? Anyone has a list? Because if there's nothing interesting maybe it would be better for me to just keep my current 41 bucks until March.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Danganropna on the 14th of February, I believe.

Toukiden in February.

This too, and on the same day (February 11 in North America).

Oh.....................................

..........Gosh, I have spent an unhealthy amount of money for Vita in 2013..... I guess this is a trend that will continue for a while in 2014..... Oh boy.

Not to mention I am still hovering on Ys too.... hmmmmrmh.

ZeroAKA

make Sackboy + Atoi and who's the other tearaway fella?
Iota. Why Sony hasn't used Media Molecule's mascots more in their marketing/apps is beyond me.

Oh.....................................

..........Gosh, I have spent an unhealthy amount of money for Vita in 2013..... I guess this is a trend that will continue for a while in 2014..... Oh boy.

Not to mention I am still hovering on Ys too.... hmmmmrmh.
I still need to buy Ys too. PS4, PS+, and Amazon sales have been keeping me busy with other games though.

I've been playing soul sacrifice everyday for the past week. I'm at level 14/14 and finally now just realized it is 100 combined level cap not 100 for life and magic. This game doesn't explain things that well.

Nonetheless I'm now wondering how I should approach leveling up. A lot of people say sacrifice everything but what would be the best strategy to make he magusar fight and mostly the single player campaign the easiest? And what level should I be at for fighting magusar? I am only starting chapter 3 now as I've been playing a lot online as it is a lot of fun. I don't plan on fighting magusar till I finish the story anyways but wondering what level you should generally be at for that fight.

For a goal build I was thinking 40 life and 60 magic. Thoughts?

ZeroAKA

I've been playing soul sacrifice everyday for the past week. I'm at level 14/14 and finally now just realized it is 100 combined level cap not 100 for life and magic. This game doesn't explain things that well.

Nonetheless I'm now wondering how I should approach leveling up. A lot of people say sacrifice everything but what would be the best strategy to make he magusar fight and mostly the single player campaign the easiest? And what level should I be at for fighting magusar? I am only starting chapter 3 now as I've been playing a lot online as it is a lot of fun. I don't plan on fighting magusar till I finish the story anyways but wondering what level you should generally be at for that fight.

99/1 is by far the easiest build. It's extremely boring though, especially if you don't have damage-boosting Sigils.

If you can finish the main storyline, you should be at a high enough level to beat Magusar. There is no real reason to face him before then unless you really want the Sanguine offerings.

I will wholeheartedly recommend http://www.nin-nin-game.com as well.
Used them several times now over the past months and the service it top quality. :)

Got my 64GB from them for €71 including shipping.
Awesome, thanks for the site. Although seems a bit pricey compared to the other sites. Nonetheless, I'll bookmark it. Nice to see there are more import sites nowadays. Better than only using play-asia.

cyborg009

Banned

Read this: http://www.justpushstart.com/2013/05/soul-sacrifice-the-ultimate-guide/

Also the game has a manual btw

99/1 is by far the easiest build. It's extremely boring though, especially if you don't have damage-boosting Sigils.

If you can finish the main storyline, you should be at a high enough level to beat Magusar. There is no real reason to face him before then unless you really want the Sanguine offerings.

That site was incredibly helpful. I always forget about the vita game manuals too.

I think 40/60 is a good build and the guide pretty much reaffirms that.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Nothing good on TV tonight so it looks like a Vita night for me!

Need to decide between continuing my Tearaway adventure, starting Rayman Legends, or playing Gravity Rush.

I vote for continuing Tearaway. You've already started it, and it's not a terribly long game (although my first playthrough was about 9 hours). I'm at this point where I'm really trying to finish games before moving on to new ones. My backlog is just way to frigging big. It doesn't help that many of my favorite games are RPGs, and long as shit. Lol.

Anyway, knock Tearaway out: it's a fantastic game! And then maybe move on to your other choices. I haven't played Legends, but I loved Gravity Rush. It has a learning curve for the controls and combat, but it's a great game, and Kat is very charming.

AmanoBuff

Don't worry, it's worth it.

I'm getting the Japanese Vita Twin Pack now and the NA PS3 and Vita physical plus NA PSN versions. @_@

Oh my.

What do we have released from between this time and March? Anyone has a list? Because if there's nothing interesting maybe it would be better for me to just keep my current 41 bucks until March.

Not a chance. You are a Vita owner with easy access to a digital store that offers crazy sales and discounts several times a year.

Btw. I asked before but never got a reply. Do Vitas in Singapore have the X and O buttons reversed as in Japan? Or are they like the ones here. Thinking about having my GF bring me one from over there.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Not a chance. You are a Vita owner with easy access to a digital store that offers crazy sales and discounts several times a year.

Heh.

Vita is certainly the gaming platform that I've spent the most amount of money for.

2 Vitas... 8, 32, 64 GB memory cards... PSN vouchers.... imports.... etc etc etc.

Heh. I bet Sony loves a sucker like me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom