• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

New Little King's Story isn't a SRPG. If the game is Disgaea 3, I'll renew my PS+ subscription (again).

There's a big critically acclaimed shooter on the Vita?

Edit: Nvm, PS+ in general. Persona 4 Arena please, although it might end up being DoA5 so that Tecmo Koei can promote DoA5+ on the Vita. :/
What makes LKS Not a SRPG aside from the lack of a grid

Ponn

Banned
SRPG has to be Disgaea unless Rainbow Moon is coming out next month and they cut a deal. Unless they go psp and offer tactics ogre.

ZeroAKA

SRPG has to be Disgaea unless Rainbow Moon is coming out next month and they cut a deal. Unless they go psp and offer tactics ogre.
Rainbow Moon would be nice too, but there hasn't been any info about it at all. A March release seems unlikely.

It is on wii
Maybe so, but NLKS is very different from LKS on the Wii.

For those of you saying Disgaea, is it available on Vita?
Yes, and it was my most played game on the Vita until Persona 4 Golden came along.

zulux21

I own disgaea so part of me is hoping it's not that, but short of Gungnir and Ragnarok: Tactics I can't think of any srpgs I don't own that can be played on the vita so yeah....

anyways I wouldn't mind if it was that as it might get more people to try it out and in general get more disgaea fans... there isn't enough disgaea fans in the world.

I own disgaea so part of me is hoping it's not that, but short of Gungnir and Ragnarok: Tactics I can't think of any srpgs I don't own that can be played on the vita so yeah....

anyways I wouldn't mind if it was that as it might get more people to try it out and in general get more disgaea fans... there isn't enough disgaea fans in the world.
How I feel
I doubt its disgaea

zulux21

How I feel
I doubt its disgaea

kind of my thoughts...( it's likely a psp game that will play on the vita, i can't really think of anything else you would call a vita srpg...) I think it would make more sense in a few months for Nis to add disgaea 1 (either ps2 classic version which I think is on the psn or the psp version) to hype up people for disgaea D2

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
It's probably Disgaea since that's the only SRPG on the system unless you count the first PSP titles. If that's the case, it can't be FFT since that already happened, so... Tactics Ogre? :D? :D? :D???

Dingotech

kind of my thoughts...( it's likely a psp game that will play on the vita, i can't really think of anything else you would call a vita srpg...) I think it would make more sense in a few months for Nis to add disgaea 1 (either ps2 classic version which I think is on the psn or the psp version) to hype up people for disgaea D2

I'd be down for this!

I really like the original Disgaea, and I have the 3rd one on my Vita already.

I played the hell out of Disgaea and Disgaea 2 on the PS2, but now I'm not that interested in them anymore. I think I got burned out on leveling everything up; just thinking about grinding more makes me not want it to be the PS+ game.

zulux21

I'd be down for this!

I really like the original Disgaea, and I have the 3rd one on my Vita already.

I like all of the disgaea games, I'm the odd ball that likes the first game the least though. I think it goes 4-2-3-1 for me, but i still have to play the vita version of 3 with the improvements to see how it stacks up against 2 so it might be a swap coming up, but 3 removed some things I really liked about 2 (easy spell learning from students, weapons skill levels that did stuff like increased range for mages)

main reason 1 is low for me is because of how boring item world is compared to the other games. the hidden rooms in 2 really added not only a more interesting place to explore, but a more legitimate way to abuse item world to gain power faster. disgaea 1 was the only disgaea game I felt I had to "grind" to continue the story.

was this vita price cut commercial posted at all?

if so uh to bad i am to lazy to read what I missed the last 3 hours :p

US PS+ March clues: Big critically acclaimed shooter, highly acclaimed strategy RPG on Vita, fighter for IGC, PSN game w/ highly acc. writer

What do you guys think it is? New little kings story?

Disgaea 3 seems likely unless it's a PSP game like Valkyria Chronicles 2.
"Critically acclaimed shooter" sounds like Resistance or Call of Duty, though I suppose it could be Unit 13; but they've been giving a lot of discounts on Unit 13, so that seems kind of unlikely.
Fighter? They'll give us DOA5 for PS3, like EU just got or is getting, I'd wager. Especially with DOA5+ coming to Vita.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
"Critically acclaimed shooter" sounds like Resistance or Call of Duty, though I suppose it could be Unit 13; but they've been giving a lot of discounts on Unit 13, so that seems kind of unlikely.
Stranger's Wrath HD is a shooter. It has been confirmed to have a discount in march.

H3xum

Hey Guys

Quick question from a first time Vita'r

So right now im working with a limited card size til my bigger one comes in the mail.

Is there a way to cheat the downloads so I can save them in a que of sorts? What happens if I start a download and then cancel it immediately, will it stay in my downloads list for me to download later when my other card arrives? Will it stay there for ever at the free psn+ price tag?

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
Hey Guys

Quick question from a first time Vita'r

So right now im working with a limited card size til my bigger one comes in the mail.

Is there a way to cheat the downloads so I can save them in a que of sorts? What happens if I start a download and then cancel it immediately, will it stay in my downloads list for me to download later when my other card arrives? Will it stay there for ever at the free psn+ price tag?

Vita-Gaf has moved to a new thread. May want to try your luck there.

marrec

Banned
You would think with the new color Vitas and the PSO2 bundles that came out today, stores would have decent stock.

There were 30k Ice Silver Vitas shipped before the sale, and that's just one color. Obviously we can't nail down the numbers shipped for other bundles/colors from that, but it's easy to speculate from there.

Curufinwe

The 32 GB card is down to $82.58 on Amazon and I just signed up for PS Plus.

Should I grab it now, or wait and see it goes even lower?

true Gek

Bought this week Persona 4 Golden (34€) and Virtua Tennis 4 (10€)
Played only the first... Persona 4 is always an awesome game!

Top Bottom