• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

VanWinkle

During the week of the Vita's first anniversary of release in America (at least the non First Edition Bundle versions), with today's game (Urban Trial Lifestyle), the Vita has reached 100 games. At least, 100 games in the PS Vita Games section of the Vita PSN store (I myself wouldn't include the AR games, but hey, Sony does).

I hope it's OK to post the list? A bit long...

**lots of games**

Vita has no games? Vita has 100 games (assuming the list is correct?).

Great post. We've had an awesome year.

Personally, Vita has one of the best first years of all the systems I owned. Most system launches in the first year is pretty barren.

I couldn't agree more, especially after experiencing the Wii U launch lineup. I will always know and remember that the Vita had the best launch lineup of a system I've bought on launch day, and then some.

wilflare

I couldn't agree more, especially after experiencing the Wii U launch lineup. I will always know and remember that the Vita had the best launch lineup of a system I've bought on launch day, and then some.

they need to continue the momentum.
frankly, MGR would have been great on the Vita with all that hack n slash

AwRy108

Personally, Vita has one of the best first years of all the systems I owned. Most system launches in the first year is pretty barren.

Agree completely! I remember how barren the 3DS "library" was during its first year (...and even beyond), but I don't recall people proclaiming "3DS has no games!". Problem is, gaming enthusiasts are such an entitled bunch; also, the Vita has been the media's whipping boy for 11 out of its 12 months of life.

Redhood

During the week of the Vita's first anniversary of release in America (at least the non First Edition Bundle versions), with today's game (Urban Trial Lifestyle), the Vita has reached 100 games. At least, 100 games in the PS Vita Games section of the Vita PSN store (I myself wouldn't include the AR games, but hey, Sony does).

I hope it's OK to post the list? A bit long...

Uncharted: Golden Abyss
WipEout 2048
Rayman Origins

Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3
Little Deviants
FIFA Soccer
Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational

Dungeon Hunter: Alliance
Super Stardust Delta
Virtua Tennis 4: World Tour Edition
Lumines: Electronic Symphony

Asphalt: Injection
ModNation Racers: Road Trip
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend
Escape Plan

Michael Jackson: The Experience
Ben 10: Galactic Racing
F1 2011
Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus
Dynasty Warriors Next
Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack

Shinobido 2: Revenge of Zen
Army Corps of Hell
Touch my Katamari
Plants VS Zombies
PlayStation Vita: Cliff Diving
PlayStation Vita: Table Soccer
PlayStation Vita: Fireworks
Hustle Kings
Unit 13

Lego Harry Potter: Years 5-7
MotorStorm RC
MLB 12: The Show

Reality Fighters
Ridge Racer
Sumioni: Demon Arts
Supremacy MMA: Unrestricted
The Pinball Arcade
Treasures of Montezuma Blitz
Stardone Extreme
Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention
Mortal Kombat
Table Top Tanks
Resistance: Burning Skies
Pure Chess
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
Gravity Rush
PulzAR

Lego Batman 2: DC Superheroes
Puddle
Foosball 2012
Sound Shapes
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty HD Edition
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater HD Edition

Madden NFL 13
Zen Pinball 2
LittleBigPlanet PS Vita
FIFA 13
Table Ice Hockey
New Little King's Story
Spy Hunter
Retro City Rampage
Doctor Who: The Eternity Clock
SunFlowers
Silent Hill: Book of Memories
Dokuro
Street Fighter X Tekken
Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward
Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz
Orgarhythm
Frobisher Says!
Assassin's Creed III: Liberation
Ragnarok Odyssey

Smart As…
Lego The Lord of the Rings
Need for Speed: Most Wanted
When Vikings Attack!

Call of Duty: Black Ops: Declasified
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
Persona 4: Golden
Sine Mora
Jet Set Radio
DJ MAX TECHNIKA TUNE

Uncharted: Fight for Fortune
Big Sky Infinity
Burn the Rope
Knytt Underground
Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
Jetpack Joyride

Chronovolt
Earth Defense Force 2017 Portable
escapeVektor
Let's Fish: Hooked On!
Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
Bentley's Hackpack
Ecolibrium
Alien Breed
Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken
Urban Trial Lifestyle

Vita has no games? Vita has 100 games (assuming the list is correct?).

amazing list

bolded the ones that are worth having.

zulux21

store update finally happened properly

free ps mobile game OMG Zombies
free ps+ game Maverick hunter X
sale 20% off Urban Trials Freestyle
ninja gaiden is leaving next week
Rocketbirds PS Vita – For owners of PS3 version of Rocketbirds only (now: $7.99 original price $9.99)

some free RO dlc
Gunslinger Outfit (FREE)
Music Set 1 (FREE)
Music Set 2 (FREE)
Music Set 3 (FREE)
Ninja Outfit (FREE)
Taekwon Kid Outit (FREE)

boring week for sales and free stuff :p

On a hardware note. Has anyone noticed any discoloration on their white Vitas?

i haven't seen anything on mine, but I also only have like 100 hours played on it.

whitehawk

Banned
I bought Trials without even blinking.
You realize that it isn't developed by the same guys behind Trails HD/Evolution right?

Just tried the demo, and it's horrible.

Negatives I found:

- Physics are off
- Framerate is usually around 20fps
- Allows for bike customization
- L doesn't reverse as well as brake.

wilflare

if only if only
we have a proper Virtual Console thing on the Vita.

I'm crossing my fingers for the 20th announcement to include streaming of PS2 games to the Vita

whitehawk

Banned
You realize that it isn't developed by the same guys behind Trails HD/Evolution right?

Negatives I found:

- Physics are off
Another huge problem:

- Leaderboards are ranked by points. I have no idea what these points mean. It seems instead of just time to beat the course, you are graded by doing challenges within tracks and collecting items. This is crazy.

Allforce

Negatives I found:

- Physics are off

Another huge problem:

- Leaderboards are ranked by points. I have no idea what these points mean. It seems instead of just time to beat the course, you are graded by doing challenges within tracks and collecting items. This is crazy.

Yeah it's pretty average so far. I couldn't believe L and R weren't the default brake/gas buttons. I knew it wasn't from the Red Lynx guys but that didn't dissuade me from wanting some TrialsHD-esque gameplay on my Vita.

Oh well, it cost about the same as a couple drinks at the bar so maybe I can squeeze some fun out of it after digging into it.

Anyone buy the PS3 version as well? Curious how that one rolls.

Tizoc

Anyone bought and tried Generation of Chaos off US PSN? How does it play? Reading up about it, its description reminds me of Growlanser 4.

Sting games are perfectly fine. :mad:

@Tizoc - I don't plan on getting the game ASAP, but the Famitsu score for it was 8, 8, 8, 8 (32/40) if that says anything.

I thought it was developed by Idea Factory. Sting games are very divisive I'll give you that.

Famassu

Atlus seriously need to make this game a cross-buy title.
They basically already have. The game is priced in a way that you're basically paying the price of one normal-priced retail game if you buy it separately on both platforms.

Or at least it was priced that way in the past, don't remember if that was before or after Atlus stepping in as the publisher.

Vita is like Dredd(2012 movie), a great successor to a very bad thing, it got everything right and is so cool for the hardcore too but sadly completely unlucky with the marketing and the charts.
That comparison breaks completely considering the fact that PSP is one of the greatest handheld systems ever.

They basically already have. The game is priced in a way that you're basically paying the price of one normal-priced retail game if you buy it separately on both platforms.

Or at least it was priced that way in the past, don't remember if that was before or after Atlus stepping in as the publisher.

They changed the pricing. And yes, the PSP is a great handheld, even better than the DS IMO.

Noi

I thought it was developed by Idea Factory. Sting games are very divisive I'll give you that.

It's half and half, joint game done by their partnership SUPER STING. I imagine IF provided the IP while Sting worked on the game. Even then, there's still a few Idea Factory games that are pretty decent. It's the Compile Heart branch of the company that you have to watch out for.

Tizoc

Supposedly games by that company sucks. I would steer away from them.

Yeah if they suck, how come this is the 6th game in its series?

...but this Generation of Chaos game was developed by Sting, and I loved Riviera so I might give this a chance...

Hey guys hopefully I'm not asking too much of a redundant question, but with the event that happened recently, what can we expect the price drop to be? The price drop was only in Japan, correct? Any idea about it happening in the US?

Pretty interested in the Vita if I find the time for more games and whenever I get a job after graduation!

I picked up Trials and am enjoying thus far but I can't really figure out what your suppose to do for the precision challenges. Are you suppose to be hitting the center of the circle with the front tire or the middle of the bike?

Massa

Hey guys hopefully I'm not asking too much of a redundant question, but with the event that happened recently, what can we expect the price drop to be? The price drop was only in Japan, correct? Any idea about it happening in the US?

Pretty interested in the Vita if I find the time for more games and whenever I get a job after graduation!

They could announce it tomorrow. If not, probably no later than April 1st.

I picked up Trials and am enjoying thus far but I can't really figure out what your suppose to do for the precision challenges. Are you suppose to be hitting the center of the circle with the front tire or the middle of the bike?

Yes, you have to try and hit as close to the center as possible.

Gadirok

Did anyone else get a code from PSN giving them $10? I just got a message from them while I was playing sleeping dogs. $10 from [PSN]. Just like how I got it back in October except that time I spent $100 for a $20 redemption.

This time I didn't do anything, so I'm wondering if this is going out to everyone.

Did anyone else get a code from PSN giving them $10? I just got a message from them while I was playing sleeping dogs. $10 from [PSN]. Just like how I got it back in October except that time I spent $100 for a $20 redemption.

This time I didn't do anything, so I'm wondering if this is going out to everyone.

Just got it and haven't bought anything in awhile. Must be some Sony hype for tomorrow.

Alfredo

I just got it. I assumed it was because of that Vita referral promotion from a little while back...

Myshkin

Yeah if they suck, how come this is the 6th game in its series?

...but this Generation of Chaos game was developed by Sting, and I loved Riviera so I might give this a chance...

I suppose you played Riviera on the PSP. I'm trying to play it on the Vita. Have it set aside for the time being. The key pressing challenges are a problem. I'm lucky if it counts one key press on the dpad. Can you reasonably complete the game if you fail nearly every time there is a trap?

SiDCrAzY

On a hardware note. Has anyone noticed any discoloration on their white Vitas?

No discoloration on my beautiful white Vita.

amazing list

bolded the ones that are worth having.

You didn't bold Virtues Last Reward.

LLShC.gif

Loving Urban Trial so far, the game is so much fun.

Haven't played much of it, but I'm liking it so far.

Tizoc

I suppose you played Riviera on the PSP. I'm trying to play it on the Vita. Have it set aside for the time being. The key pressing challenges are a problem. I'm lucky if it counts one key press on the dpad. Can you reasonably complete the game if you fail nearly every time there is a trap?

I beat the GBA ver., and its in my Vita backlog atm XP. I don't remember much of the timed pressing challenge sad to say >_<.

I was counting them in my trophy list a few days ago and i had 34 positions (not counting welcome park :) )

So around 1/3 of games released :D

EDIT: ^^^ post above ^^^

Fuuuuck yeah.

Apparently there's not a lot of love for Urban Trials. I'm doing a video on it, maybe that'll help. It's definitely not the worst way to spend $8.

I didn't see this mentioned, but the store HTML5 code has been updated to improve usability.

Free content downloading has been streamlined

Demos, Avatars, Themes, etc...

Select content
Select Download.

It'll install.

So downloading demos takes 2 button presses. I'm glad they heard our complaints.

EDIT: ^^^ post above ^^^

Fuuuuck yeah.

Apparently there's not a lot of love for Urban Trials. I'm doing a video on it, maybe that'll help. It's definitely not the worst way to spend $8.

Seemed good enough to spend my $10 credit on... well that and the MGS4 Raiden for Revengeance. :X

Top Bottom