• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

Dec

Do you know what the 2 tracks are called? There are so many things for Motorstorm in the dl list that I can't tell.

I'm pretty sure they are the first 2 things listed for Vita. Just scroll until you see the download buttons start.

Top of page.. Buy Stranger's Wrath next week and Urban Trials.

Seems like they had it at the wrong price. It changed, and everything is okay now :)

Random thought : I really should try to get all of those Welcome Park trophies one day.

Ah, I see. thanks.

I was going to say, if it was $7.99 or whatever, that was the price for owning the PS3 version... so it was blocking you based on that, but I couldn't tell since the screen was cropped. When I checked the game was $9.99 in the store, so I didn't bother to try it myself.

--
The additional Festivals in Motorstorm are called exactly what they are... Pro-Am and Carvinval, I think.

Sorry to ask this again, but I didn't get any responses.

Anyone play Gods Eater Burst on the Vita? How does it play/look on it? Considering just getting the cheap UMD if the digital version isn't much better.

btkadams

Oh man... I've reached my PS store download limit? Telling me I have to wait to download the rest.
fyi, the download limit applies to what is in queue to download and what is in queue to install. you'll probably need to boot the game to install some of those downloads before you can add more to your queue. i had to do that with ridge racer.

worst design ever. if you're going to do a complete edition bundle that has a million 100 KB files, then just group them into one download.

Dec

fyi, the download limit applies to what is in queue to download and what is in queue to install. you'll probably need to boot the game to install some of those downloads before you can add more to your queue. i had to do that with ridge racer.

worst design ever. if you're going to do a complete edition bundle that has a million 100 KB files, then just group them into one download.

Good point. They are all waiting to install. I guess I have to load the game up to install them.

Hey, I've got a PSN banned PS3 (running custom firmware, accidentally connected to PSN when a new hotspot opened up next door; I had PSN blocked in my personal router). Are there any issues connecting a legit, non-modded Vita to a banned PS3? For local remote play. I'd hate for Sony to ban my Vita for associating with my PS3, especially since I just dropped $50 on a Plus membership for the Vita alone.

Dec

This gigantic list of files to download is probably why Motorstorm complete is rated like 2 stars on the PS store.

Dec

Especially since I read that its not that good of a game.

FUCK THIS GAME. TOO MUCH CONTENT.

Haha. Not that, just that it is so difficult to actually download it all. Took me over half an hour to download less than like 5mb of content.

Wait.. it took me an hour..

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Haha. Not that, just that it is so difficult to actually download it all. Took me over half an hour to download less than like 5mb of content.

Yeah, I know ;) Weird they didnt offer a bulk dl option.

Afrit

Sorry to ask this again, but I didn't get any responses.

Anyone play Gods Eater Burst on the Vita? How does it play/look on it? Considering just getting the cheap UMD if the digital version isn't much better.

It looks great on vita's oled screen, a bit jaggy though for a PSP game.
Using the right analog stick for camera control and gun aiming is cool also.

If you want more info check this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bcEekZqL6A

My only compliant is the shoulder buttons on the vita which are designed a bit differently than the PSP. You would need some time to get used to it cause the game is sensitive when it try to distinguish a single tap on the shoulder button for one function or holding the shoulder button for another one.

sajj316

I need a terabyte memory card.

TBH, I find Milestone a little hit n miss and WRC was utter cack. Thing is, my recent Urban Trials binge has me in the mood for more two-wheeled action. For £20, I'll take a punt.

How was Urban Trials by the way? I see you're addicted but how comparable is it to the PS3 version? Graphically and playability ...

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
How was Urban Trials by the way? I see you're addicted but how comparable is it to the PS3 version? Graphically and playability ...

It has some slight slowdown and some textures & graphically intensive parts have been cut. Its a fun game however and cheaper than the PS3 version. Definitely recommended. I wish it had more content though. *fingers crossed for DLC*

zulux21

Hey, I've got a PSN banned PS3 (running custom firmware, accidentally connected to PSN when a new hotspot opened up next door; I had PSN blocked in my personal router). Are there any issues connecting a legit, non-modded Vita to a banned PS3? For local remote play. I'd hate for Sony to ban my Vita for associating with my PS3, especially since I just dropped $50 on a Plus membership for the Vita alone.

I haven't a clue if there are any issues but I have to ask how you accidentally connect to a different hotspot. Last time I checked in order to get the ps3 online you have to go into network settings, scan for a router and then choose to connect to that router and only that router from here on out unless you go back into settings to change it. It doesn't just randomly jump to a new router o_O;

Gamespawn

Does anyone know when that new Guilty Gear game is set to come out? I just heard about it and wondered if the Vita version is coming stateside.

Why bother with anything other than the extra festivals, really? :)

I own Motorstorm RC Complete... not sure why I never had all the stuff added to my download history though.

SmokyDave

do you really wanna know what sony would charge for that?
I'm good for it. I got these cheeseburgers, man...

I love it. I got what I expected though, a janky trials clone with digital acceleration and slightly wonky physics. Graphically I find it perfectly perfunctory but I've seen more negative feedback than positive, so I'm probably being a little lenient. There's enough content for the price and yet I hanker for DLC, so that's probably a good sign. I think there's a demo and if so, I'd imagine it will tell you all you need to know. I have a low bar for satisfaction on this one because it's portable trials which is something of a personal dream.

Haven't played the PS3 version so I can't compare them unfortunately.

zulux21

Does anyone know when that new Guilty Gear game is set to come out? I just heard about it and wondered if the Vita version is coming stateside.

On the BlazBlue Facebook page, the publisher posted: “Still no word on when [Guilty Gear on Vita] is due to release in the West (although it will be coming). Looking forward to it though, BB worked really nicely on Vita, so this should be great!”
Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2013/02/2...estern-release-confirmed/#Mj6X5bPMmEgGQZwk.99

that's all we know for now.

Toma

I love how that Indie thread made a few people want to buy a Vita :)

I haven't a clue if there are any issues but I have to ask how you accidentally connect to a different hotspot. Last time I checked in order to get the ps3 online you have to go into network settings, scan for a router and then choose to connect to that router and only that router from here on out unless you go back into settings to change it. It doesn't just randomly jump to a new router o_O;

Beats me. I know my wife's nephews were over the week it happened, maybe they got curious. All I know is one day I fired up my PS3 and I got the dreaded 8002A227 and I checked the settings and it was connected to a neighbor's network, whereas when it was going through my router I was just getting the PSN not reached message.

zulux21

I love how that Indie thread made a few people want to buy a Vita :)

well a lot of people are just hearing how bad it is doing and how it doesn't have any games.

I imagine that a lot of people hear those and don't even bother to look into the system, the thread managed to list off a ton of games coming to the system that a lot of those people didn't know were coming... and oddly enough it managed to stay mostly positive so far o_O; though I suppose this is getting off topic :p

Beats me. I know my wife's nephews were over the week it happened, maybe they got curious. All I know is one day I fired up my PS3 and I got the dreaded 8002A227 and I checked the settings and it was connected to a neighbor's network, whereas when it was going through my router I was just getting the PSN not reached message.

ah I see, anyways I know that the ps3 to vita connection is done over the wifi, there is only like 15 games that use it though. I personally just wouldn't risk it and do without, but someone else might have actual experience with this situation.

marrec

Banned
well a lot of people are just hearing how bad it is doing and how it doesn't have any games.

I imagine that a lot of people hear those and don't even bother to look into the system, the thread managed to list off a ton of games coming to the system that a lot of those people didn't know were coming... and oddly enough it managed to stay mostly positive so far o_O;

The tide is turning my fellow muffins, the negativity is running out of steam. Next week when Vita sells more than 3DS in Japan will be our first in a long string of positivity.

Toma

Is the Stranger's Wrath sale happening next week then?

Starts 5th of march.

The tide is turning my fellow muffins, the negativity is running out of steam. Next week when Vita sells more than 3DS in Japan will be our first in a long string of positivity.

I'd say that Indie thread and the Tweet stories were lots of great publicity as well. Saw those tweets on many major websites.

SmokyDave

I don't know about that, but it must be getting increasingly difficult to parrot 'Vita is dead' week after week.

(I can't see the Vita outselling the 3DS next week).

zulux21

ah so you are expecting over 100k units moved in japan next week when we are having reports that some stores are selling out this week :p?

I figure in general we will see around 200k vita moved in japan in march, or about 50k per week which would still be half of the 3ds sales :p

VanWinkle

Escape Plan is awesome! I was skeptical, even playing the demo, bit I really like it. For some reason I thought you had to use touch for EVERYTHING, but you can use buttons for things like starting movement, stopping, dashing, and moving the cameras. I was really happy to see that. Was that added in a patch? I could have sworn it was all touch, which I didn't like.

Jamix012

I don't know about that, but it must be getting increasingly difficult to parrot 'Vita is dead' week after week.

(I can't see the Vita outselling the 3DS next week).

It could. I hope it does, I love my 3DS but good Vita sales would give JP developers a reason to develop on it. It'd be the first week the Vita has outsold the 3DS, but I beleive.

Dec

What is the best control scheme to use for MotorStorm in your guys opinion?

Seem to do a lot better with alternate but it is probably a matter of practice in either.

Top Bottom