• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | March 2013 | Carving an Independent niche

Redhood

The psn speeds make me so angry sometime. It took 5+ hours to download 800mb patch for the PSABR and then it started downloading the next item in queue Rocketbirds (500mb). Finished in 25 minutes. Why does this happen?

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
The psn speeds make me so angry sometime. It took 5+ hours to download 800mb patch for the PSABR and then it started downloading the next item in queue Rocketbirds (500mb). Finished in 25 minutes. Why does this happen?
Dunno. I downloaded the 2.5 gb demo of doa in 15 to 20 minutes. I live in the far east. Where are you downloading from? The content may be placed in different server farms? Only reason I can think of.

true Gek

Same to me with the patch for PSABR and LBP Vita... :S

Takao

Banned

Are you sure it's not your connection being throttled? Are you on a cable connection? If so, speeds will vary in relation to the amount of people also using cable in your area.

namDa65

Well Vita is a system aimed at the core gamers.

I think the biggest issue is that the casual market that joined gaming last gen that are now moving on to tablets and smartphones has skewed peoples perception of how a console should sell.

Vita isn't selling great.... im not saying that. However it seems to still be targeting the core audience and I think it can sustain a profitable life that way. Time will tell of course. I lost hope for a while but things have been seeming a bit brighter as of late.

Yes sir. Sad times. We playstation core gamers are a rarity.

AwRy108

My PSN speeds have always been great on both the PS3 and the Vita; and the Vita's speeds seem to be even a bit faster than my PS3's, despite my console being wired. I think you're doing something wrong OR you someone else is hogging your bandwidth.

Silent Hill: Book of Memories DLC.

Actually includes quite a bit of stuff for £3.19:

Code:
10 new character classes,
10 new weapon types,
10 new artifacts,
5 new Valtiel Mission types,
2 new Forsaken Rooms,
15 new story notes,
2 new enemy types,
4 new trophies
15 new character accessories

Not that ive played sh:bom that dlc looks to include a lot... Most games would sell each of those things inddiviually or in smaller packs. Not sure if this fixes a shitty/broken game but its nice to see a full dlc pack come out with new content in all areas and is big enough to support new trophies

Ohnonono

Have they ever shown numbers on games sold per unit on Vita? I feel like the Vita gamers I know (me included) buy a ton of games on this thing. Between PSP, PS1, and Vita games I have bought more than I ever did for PS3 or 360 and in a pretty short amount of time. This seems to go along with the indie folk finding that their games are selling pretty damn well. Vita is clearly a "core" device so I don't thing many get sold and sit around not playing anything.

Ohnonono

Not that ive played sh:bom that dlc looks to include a lot... Most games would sell each of those things inddiviually or in smaller packs. Not sure if this fixes a shitty/broken game but its nice to see a full dlc pack come out with new content in all areas and is big enough to support new trophies

BOM is a really cool game and that pack has a lot of content for such a low price.

EU PS+ - Puddle is now free, 567mb.

If you guys wanna win a free code for Nun Attack Vita, head to our facebook page and share the video!

www.facebook.com/nunattack
I'm guessing it's a North American code only? :(

It's also 'DLC Pack 1', so presumably there will be even more DLC packs like this. Pretty cool, maybe they can improve the game a lot.

Have they ever shown numbers on games sold per unit on Vita? I feel like the Vita gamers I know (me included) buy a ton of games on this thing. Between PSP, PS1, and Vita games I have bought more than I ever did for PS3 or 360 and in a pretty short amount of time. This seems to go along with the indie folk finding that their games are selling pretty damn well. Vita is clearly a "core" device so I don't thing many get sold and sit around not playing anything.

This is basically what im on about.

It would seem that the vita might end up being sustainable because its owned by people who buy lots of games rather than selling tons of systems to people who just buy a couple of games a year.

Just an impression I'm getting slowly over time.

I really wish we new how well digital sales did. I know they are on the rise in general on on all systems but Vita specific would really interest me.

I think it's widely accepted by now that the attach ratio and digital sales are very high. But when it comes to providing hard sales numbers we still don't see much info getting released.

RpgN

I'm guessing he's talking about the Vita version in Europe. It's listed for release on March 22nd. If we're lucky the digital version comes out today on PSN.

Yeah, that's what I meant by that. It doesn't sound too far off. I'm still thinking wether to get it day 1 or wait a bit longer.

Allforce

I think the combination of being a Plus member and a great rotation of sales makes it a great platform going forward.

I've spent more on the Vita this month then I have on the 360 and PS3 combined in the last year just due to aggressive pricing. 20 bucks is my sweet spot for an impulse buy and Vita has those titles in spades.

Dec

Hard to say really. Could be something hogging bandwidth on your side, could be your ISP being overloaded at a certain time of day, could be Sony not having a server that hosts that specific content near where you are located.

Ask any Twitch chat and they'll tell you your internet/everything is shit.

LornHg

Neo Member
EU PS+ - Puddle is now free, 567mb.

I'm guessing it's a North American code only? :(

It's also 'DLC Pack 1', so presumably there will be even more DLC packs like this. Pretty cool, maybe they can improve the game a lot.

Yeah it's a NA code, but we'll have EU codes when we get closer to the Europe launch!

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I broke down and bought Persona 4 digital instead of the other stuff I was considering. I have a 32GB card, and had 6gigs free, so it wasn't a big deal.

I played a little bit of it on the bus this morning, and it was interesting. I'll try and play more when I can. I hope it was worth the hype, GAF! I can't return it if it sucks!

I broke down and bought Persona 4 digital instead of the other stuff I was considering. I have a 32GB card, and had 6gigs free, so it wasn't a big deal.

I played a little bit of it on the bus this morning, and it was interesting. I'll try and play more when I can. I hope it was worth the hype, GAF! I can't return it if it sucks!

It doesn't suck.

If you find you don't like it, book yourself in for a brain scan.

Sigh so DoA5+ and Atelier Plus went up yesterday... I still have to get other games like EDF :( Why does Sony make me destroy my wallet.. Soul Sacrifice will be out soon too ><

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
You can't cloud save PSP games, so you have to back up using Content Manager on your PC.

Also, PSP saves are separate from the game, so if you delete your PSP game, the saves are still on your system.

I have the saves for every one of the PSP games I've owned on my system on my system. But yeah, I also backed them up on my PS3 and PC just to be safe.

If you guys wanna win a free code for Nun Attack Vita, head to our facebook page and share the video!

www.facebook.com/nunattack

Cool! I shared it! Game looks really fun and silly!

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Silent Hill: Book of Memories DLC.

Actually includes quite a bit of stuff for £3.19:

Code:
10 new character classes,
10 new weapon types,
10 new artifacts,
5 new Valtiel Mission types,
2 new Forsaken Rooms,
15 new story notes,
2 new enemy types,
4 new trophies
15 new character accessories

I have to say that it's really tempting, i liked the game but:
a)once beaten the p4g final boss i wanto to pass to mass effect 3(i don't like playing on the ps3 anymore but i'm really curious, but i have to redownload it :( ) or to the mgs collection(i finished the download but i want something different now)
b)i should delete something and redownload shbom...
So i think i'll pass for now, any screen of the contents?

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
MonHun clones now a Persona clone..

Where can I sell my tits to have a Folklore clone on the damn system?

Its native res and so good looking. Don't you dare talk shit!

:/

I just didn't know the game is out this week,I just got $50 code thinking all I have to buy is DOA5+

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/03/20/open-me-for-ps-vita-coming-to-north-america/

Nobody panic, Open Me! is coming to NA.
...later this year.

I kinda care.

Top Bottom