• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | March 2013 | Carving an Independent niche

omg_mjd

A random offered to help me out in EDF by starting the last mission. We finished it so I got Pale Wing then we farmed a different mission for high-level weapons. I kept getting killed a LOT but the kind person was patient enough to finish the mission and get all the items (which ended up in my inventory).

What was the other game on sale besides VT4 and Sonic All-Star Racing?

Super Monkey Ball for $15.

Almost-top-of-the-page-recommendation: Buy EDF.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
I'm thinking the same thing... should I just buy EDF, and be that much closer to a second $10 back? Ugh, and yes, I also have more than enough games.
Damn digital sales.

omg_mjd

I'm in the same boat with Sonic Racing. I could just spend $20 but then if I buy a few more games then I get another $10 back.

Sonic Racing $20
Persona 2: IS $15
Super Monkey Ball $15 <--- I love SEGA for supporting the Vita but not sure if SMB is my jam.
TOTAL $50

I'm thinking the same thing... should I just buy EDF, and be that much closer to a second $10 back? Ugh, and yes, I also have more than enough games.
Damn digital sales.

Just do it. You know you want to. I'm already up to my head in double that, I think. Though I'm not going for 5th... I think I'll get a few avatars or something to hit the limit for 4th.

Psy-Phi

I'm in the same boat with Sonic Racing. I could just spend $20 but then if I buy a few more games then I get another $10 back.

Sonic Racing $20
Persona 2: IS $15
Super Monkey Ball $15 <--- I love SEGA for supporting the Vita but not sure if SMB is my jam.
TOTAL $50
or... You could save $5 and keep your $10, not buying a $15 game you're not sure you want.

The deal is good, but only if you actually don't waste more than you get back, and buy stuff you actually want.

omg_mjd

or... You could save $5 and keep your $10, not buying a $15 game you're not sure you want.

The deal is good, but only if you actually don't waste more than you get back, and buy stuff you actually want.

That's true. At least if I don't buy the game this time it'll still be around if I do decide I want it in the future (maybe even cheaper). While a game that I buy and end up not liking will be in my download list forever (looking at you, Escape Plan).

I've spent way too much already this month. Fortunately, not one game so far has been a dud. (Even ended up liking Silent Hill.)

Apologies if this has been mentioned. Since downloading the latest Vita firmware, I've gotten an notification when someone commented on my friends activity (where you can thumbs up & leave comments)

Pretty neat.

Arthea

I have rather strange question. Can one use the same account on PS3 and Vita? Meaning, does PSN plus sub counts on both devices, the same one I mean? Never was really clear to me.

dEvAnGeL

i ended up buying machinarium again, already had it on the pc and let me tell you folks, is a beautiful port, im enjoying the game more on the vita to be honest and this may sound familiar but it looks amazing on DAT screen!

I've never played a Monster Hunter and am getting interested in trying one out, thanks to the Quick Look on Giant Bomb. I don't have a 3DS though. Freedom Unite is on the store, what does GAF think of it? I only play Dark Souls now to be summoned for bosses, so I think a Mon Hun and Soul Sacrifice next month will be up my alley. I know there's only ad-hoc multi for Freedom Unite, though.

I've never played a Monster Hunter and am getting interested in trying one out, thanks to the Quick Look on Giant Bomb. I don't have a 3DS though. Freedom Unite is on the store, what does GAF think of it? I only play Dark Souls now to be summoned for bosses, so I think a Mon Hun and Soul Sacrifice next month will be up my alley. I know there's only ad-hoc multi for Freedom Unite, though.

As a Demon's Souls and Dark Souls vet, I can tell you I did not care for MHFU. I thought the same as you... but then I actually booted up the game on Vita and tried it. Didn't work for me. I played almost all the tutorials so I could learn the game mechanics and give it a fair shake... but by the time I was done, I didn't like any of the 8 or so weapon types in the game, I missed the lock-on from Demon's/Dark Souls, I missed the variety in magics... I thought it felt slow and very confined. (I think in terms of "level structure" Demon's Souls was probably closer to "MonHun" that Dark even, because it used map select and you'd play the section and take on the boss at the end).

Who knows, maybe you're okay with all the things that didn't click for me... but I was kind of sad I'd dropped $10 on it because I don't think I'll ever go back.

Now based on the videos I've watched for Soul Sacrifice, I think you're correct in thinking it might be more like Dark Souls... the pace/combat/leveling/etc. make me think it's less of a "MonHun" game than some people would have you think. I'm there day one for this one.

JoshHood

Had a sudden craving for a new racer (getting very bored of NfS) so ordered myself Sonic Transformed from Amazon! Feel free to add me with my GAF username if anyone wants to play :)

Jintor

So I deleted Gravity Rush off my vita.

Did I lose all my saves? I was maybe going to go back and muck around with some trophies later.

So I deleted Gravity Rush off my vita.

Did I lose all my saves? I was maybe going to go back and muck around with some trophies later.

If you have PS+ and cloud saves enabled for that game - you're fine. If not and you never backed it up to your PS3 or PC - you're screwed :/

As a Demon's Souls and Dark Souls vet, I can tell you I did not care for MHFU. I thought the same as you... but then I actually booted up the game on Vita and tried it. Didn't work for me. I played almost all the tutorials so I could learn the game mechanics and give it a fair shake... but by the time I was done, I didn't like any of the 8 or so weapon types in the game, I missed the lock-on from Demon's/Dark Souls, I missed the variety in magics... I thought it felt slow and very confined. (I think in terms of "level structure" Demon's Souls was probably closer to "MonHun" that Dark even, because it used map select and you'd play the section and take on the boss at the end).

Who knows, maybe you're okay with all the things that didn't click for me... but I was kind of sad I'd dropped $10 on it because I don't think I'll ever go back.

Now based on the videos I've watched for Soul Sacrifice, I think you're correct in thinking it might be more like Dark Souls... the pace/combat/leveling/etc. make me think it's less of a "MonHun" game than some people would have you think. I'm there day one for this one.

Thanks for sharing your opinion! I might just wait for Soul Sacrifice then. It's only a month away and I need to finish up P4G anyways. MHFU is back to 19.99 now, I guess I can pass on it for now. If it's on sale again or Portable 3rd gets put on the store, then I'll try out MonHun. Online co-op would be better with Soul Sacrifice, anyways.

Jintor

If you have PS+ and cloud saves enabled for that game - you're fine. If not and you never backed it up to your PS3 or PC - you're screwed :/

Damn.

Ah well, probably wasn't really going to go back to it anywaY. I just wanted the option.

for future reference how do I turn on cloud saves?

Damn.

Ah well, probably wasn't really going to go back to it anywaY. I just wanted the option.

for future reference how do I turn on cloud saves?

Select:
Content Manager > Online Storage > PS Vita -> Online Storage.

Once in the list of games, press the (i) on the right side of the entry in the list. Check the box for automatic upload. Press back arrow. Each auto upload game should now have a green mark.

Still playing Rayman Origins, am I missing something or is the level Get Away! exceptionally harder than most of the rest of the game? I've managed to finish all the treasure chest levels, but I still can't fucking beat Get Away!

Dragon

Banned
Select:
Content Manager > Online Storage > PS Vita -> Online Storage.

Once in the list of games, press the (i) on the right side of the entry in the list. Check the box for automatic upload. Press back arrow. Each auto upload game should now have a green mark.

Weird they don't just have a setting to do this automatically.

FireCloud

Man, the lack of available space on my 32GB card is really hindering my participation in the spend $50 get $10 back promotion. I feel bad buying a game just to have it sit in my downloads list. Though, apparently, I don't feel quite so bad about buying and downloading games to not play them for several weeks/months/etc.

I've been considering Rocketbirds but I'd have to remove something else. I just went through and took off a bunch of PSP games that I had got during the Atlus sale a couple of months ago but hadn't gotten around to playing.

I wish Sony would release a 128GB card so I could continue this financially shaky behavior I've go going on.

Spwn

That's it, I guess I'm done with Hungry Giraffe.

BGiST4jCMAAbk8d.jpg

Was this known:

Also on display was the Vita port of the original Dragon Fantasy. There were no changes to the interface, so the game played exactly like the iOS version -- only using the Vita's buttons instead of touch screen controls. Despite this, the game felt much more at home on the system. Everything felt faster and easier to manage than on iOS.

Via RPGamer

Looks like they are going ahead and releasing the first Dragon Fantasy as well as the sequel for the Vita. I'd imagine they would include it into one purchase rather than separate releases.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I don't know if it's been mentioned, but the PS Mobile title Out of Mind is pretty awful. Thank god it only cost $1.50, or I'd actually be pissed. Overall, the game design is just poor. I thought it was going to be something like Life of Pixel, but unfortunately, it's just sloppily put together, with some unfocused and weak game design. The visuals are decent as well, but the game play is blech. It feels every bit like somebodies amateur class project.

EDIT: I also just bought Machinarium, and it's currently downloading. I hope it's good!

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I enjoyed Quiet, Please. It's pretty short (like 15 minutes) but it was quirky for an adventure game. Although it's only good for one go. And it only costs $0.99.

Tomodachi

We definitely need a Persona 3 FES HD whatever on Vita, Atlus. Damn.

I just finished P4G and as much as I LOVED it (really stressing this) I must say P3FES is overall my favourite of the two. Better music, better characters, more emotional impact overall, more novelty. But yeah, for me they're both in the olympus of games.

Between P4G and Gravity Rush I can say I couldn't be happier about the system, and that's not thinking about what is still to come and what I still have to retrieve from previous releases.

Sol1dus

We definitely need a Persona 3 FES HD whatever on Vita, Atlus. Damn.

I just finished P4G and as much as I LOVED it (really stressing this) I must say P3FES is overall my favourite of the two. Better music, better characters, more emotional impact overall, more novelty. But yeah, for me they're both in the olympus of games.

Between P4G and Gravity Rush I can say I couldn't be happier about the system, and that's not thinking about what is still to come and what I still have to retrieve from previous releases.

Gravity Rush 2 will be a beast. Hopefully everything from the first will be improved upon and will make our jaws drop. For a launch title it was (a little sloppy) but superb. I should download it again and go for the platinum.

I haven't been in this thread for quite awhile!

Anyway, I'm having a hard time figuring out how to spend that free $10 they gave out a few weeks back. I have it down to three games:

Tactics Ogre - I'm very close to finishing this (I used to have the UMD), so I think it'd be nice to finally check it off my list. I just beat Fire Emblem on 3DS, and it only made me in the mood for another SRPG (I'm partial to TO).

Ys: Oath in Felghana - I'm set on this over Ys 7 as my first Ys game, so don't bother trying to convince me otherwise. I'm very curious about this series, and since I don't time to play games like I used to, it'd be nice to play something like this.

TiTS: Another UMD I used to have, but I'm only a few hours in. I really liked what I played, though.

^I still can't decide!

Jomjom

Banned
Quick PSA again:

Sony just recently started processing those Vita referrals for $20 from the promo a while back. 8 of my referrals just went from "Successful - Pending" to "Successful - Closed".

I've e-mailed the 8 people who were processed already, so you guys should expect your $20 codes in a few weeks. It's too bad they couldn't get these codes out before the $10 off $50 promo on PSN ends.

Good news is that none of the pending ones have been rejected so I'm guessing it's just a matter of time. Referrors make sure to check to see if you've gotten more acceptances!

VanWinkle

I don't know if it's been mentioned, but the PS Mobile title Out of Mind is pretty awful. Thank god it only cost $1.50, or I'd actually be pissed. Overall, the game design is just poor. I thought it was going to be something like Life of Pixel, but unfortunately, it's just sloppily put together, with some unfocused and weak game design. The visuals are decent as well, but the game play is blech. It feels every bit like somebodies amateur class project.

EDIT: I also just bought Machinarium, and it's currently downloading. I hope it's good!

I am with you there. I was really disappointed in it. Quite terrible.

Top Bottom