• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | May 2013 | Lovecraftian Wasteland

Terraria,hotline miami, binding of issac, Divekick(custom stick project is coming along nice) and more to come. Im pumped for the vita indie summer.
The amount of rage quitters on blazblue is kind of annoying, kinda dampens the experience.

I'd be up for some Terraria'ing with VitaGAF btw.

Terraria,hotline miami, binding of issac, Divekick(custom stick project is coming along nice) and more to come. Im pumped for the vita indie summer.
The amount of rage quitters on blazblue is kind of annoying, kinda dampens the experience.
I wish we had release dates for any of those games. :(

Keep forgetting about Divekick. Two player on one Vita will be so good, haha.

DiscoJer

As critical as I am of Sony and the vita sometimes, I will say that the battery life is phenomenal. PHENOMENAL. Standby mode, at least. I can leave this thing off the charger for days and come back to it with just about as much juice as I left it with. My 3ds, tablet and phone don't even come close in this regard. So, yay, Sony! Did something right :)

Really? That was my experience with the PSP, but the Vita has been just the opposite. The battery seems to run down in about 3 days of not using it.

When you say standby mode, are you turning it fully off, or just putting it to sleep? (I also have a 3G model, maybe that affects it)

Really? That was my experience with the PSP, but the Vita has been just the opposite. The battery seems to run down in about 3 days of not using it.

When you say standby mode, are you turning it fully off, or just putting it to sleep? (I also have a 3G model, maybe that affects it)

Check your near settings it drains battery in standby.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
My top 5 Vita in no particular order:

1) Guacamelee
2) Persona 4: Golden
3) LittleBigPlanet Vita
4) Gravity Rush
5) PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale (yeah, I went there; game's awesome)

bonus 5, because 5 just isn't enough for me:

6) Sly: TiT
7) Uncharted: GA
8) Soul Sacrifice
9) MGS HD
10) wipEout 2048 (and I'm not even a wipEout fan, but I frigging loved this game)

bonus bonus:

Rayman Origins
Sound Shapes
Super Stardust Delta
Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack
Unit 13

My top 5 Vita in no particular order:

1) Guacamelee
2) Persona 4: Golden
3) LittleBigPlanet Vita
4) Gravity Rush
5) PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale (yeah, I went there; game's awesome)

bonus 5, because 5 just isn't enough for me:

6) Sly: TiT
7) Uncharted: GA
8) Soul Sacrifice
9) MGS HD
10) wipEout 2048 (and I'm not even a wipEout fan, but I frigging loved this game)

bonus bonus:

Rayman Origins
Sound Shapes
Super Stardust Delta
Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack
Unit 13

When I first played it on ps3, I didn't like that much, but playing on the vita was just perfect. Great for gaming on the go

branny

Oh, Top 5? Uhhhmm...

1. Persona 4 Golden
2. ULTIMATE MARVEL VS. CAPCOM 3
3. DEAD OR ALIVE 5 PLUS
4. DJMAX TECHNIKA TUNE
5. BlazBlue: Continuum Shift EXTEND
(6. Guilty Gear XX Λ Core Plus R)

If I can only have five, flip a coin and take off BB or GG.

Noi

Just got tweeted by Yosp.

https://twitter.com/yosp/status/340627802086850560/photo/1

BLonLmhCQAALKSK.jpg:large

Can't say I expected more. Might look a wee bit better on the Vita screen.

RoeBear

Blazblue on the Vita has been overall pretty good. Online seems great for a handheld.

I was wondering if anyone wanted to boost the team player matches with me? I also need to get the Hakumen trophy if anyone's willing. Only need those trophies and the shoppaholic for the platinum.

Noi

Blazblue on the Vita has been overall pretty good. Online seems great for a handheld.

I was wondering if anyone wanted to boost the team player matches with me? I also need to get the Hakumen trophy if anyone's willing. Only need those trophies and the shoppaholic for the platinum.

Only if we can get some ranked match fights done too. That's the only trophy I'm missing for the plat! (and 200 PSR, but I can get that along the way)

Do you have the "No I in Team" trophy? You'd need at least 1 more person besides me for that one.

RoeBear

Only if we can get some ranked match fights done too. That's the only trophy I'm missing for the plat! (and 200 PSR, but I can get that along the way)

Surprisingly I've never added you Noi so yea we can do both. I just got the ranked ones but I'm ready and willing.

*gasp* A port of a PS2 game from 2001 not holding up visually! Stop the presses!
Come on. The game looked like ass in the trailer and will probably play like ass given the 5 fps it seemed to run at.

PS2-era re-releases should really be banned unless Bluepoint is handing the port.

(Though I have a feeling Vita's pitifully low cart sizes are the root cause underlying some of these shenanigans...)

Noi

Surprisingly I've never added you Noi so yea we can do both. I just got the ranked ones but I'm ready and willing.

Cool, just sent you a FR. We can do the team matches and then you can let me beat you up a few times until I hit 200 PSR. :D

RoeBear

Cool, just sent you a FR. We can do the team matches and then you can let me beat you up a few times until I hit 200 PSR. :D

LOL just thought that we need 3 people for the team matches so I guess we can just do the ranked ones since there's no one else.

Noi

LOL just thought that we need 3 people for the team matches so I guess we can just do the ranked ones since there's no one else.

Oh, we can do the team matches with 2 people just fine. We only need 3 if you want to get that single trophy.

But honestly what did people expect? They games are written in ND's custom code and built around the PS2's architecture. It was the same deal on PS3 and now the same complaints are coming up.

The games look wonderful on PS3. They only look terrible on the Vita version.

The games look wonderful on PS3. They only look terrible on the Vita version.
We really need to just accept the fact that Vita isn't even near what Sony sold it as. PSP was closer to PS2 than Vita is to PS3, and Vita even seems behind PS2 in some areas (like geometry).

The best looking games on Vita (like Uncharted) used many tricks like pre-rendered backdrops and such to mask the glaring deficits. And when games like AC3 try to push the limits, it's at the expense of IQ and (more importantly) frame rate.

So let's quit the pretense of being surprised when these awful direct-feed screens appear.

So... It's June in Europe now, and it's speeding across the Atlantic at an alarming speed... And we still haven't got confirmation that someone's cookin' up a new thread?

lonely

Hotline Miami has been rated by Pegi for release for vita in addition to some Mahjong game and a remake (rerelease?) of the old Team17 game Superfrog. Hopefully this means Hotline Miami is only a few weeks away

Gamespawn

What did everyone think of the Starlight Inception trailer. I think it looks good, just wish there was a better sense of speed when using thrusters. All-in-all, I'm glad I backed it and it is actually releasing this summer.

Noi

We really need to just accept the fact that Vita isn't even near what Sony sold it as. PSP was closer to PS2 than Vita is to PS3, and Vita even seems behind PS2 in some areas (like geometry).

The best looking games on Vita (like Uncharted) used many tricks like pre-rendered backdrops and such to mask the glaring deficits. And when games like AC3 try to push the limits, it's at the expense of IQ and (more importantly) frame rate.

So let's quit the pretense of being surprised when these awful direct-feed screens appear.

I don't mind when games like Uncharted and AC:L have jaggies though. It's when it's a port of an old PS2 game that already has a good-looking PS3 port that it bothers me. :/

hitmon

look boring and from what showin it like it's reflex based (no skills).

do not want.

I agree, it does look boring. Not a type of game I'd want for the Vita.

What did everyone think of the Starlight Inception trailer. I think it looks good, just wish there was a better sense of speed when using thrusters. All-in-all, I'm glad I backed it and it is actually releasing this summer.

It doesn't look too bad for $15, but gameplay looks slow in the trailer. Hope to see some Vita footage of it in the future.

Noi

I can help with boosting.
Also need any multi trophies.

Cool, I'll invite ya to a team lobby once I hit 200 PSR in a few more matches.

Edit: Invite sent. You and roe have to join team blue! (tap right or left on your name to pick a team!)
Edit2: You two need to swap team order once in a while so Roe Bear gets the no I in team trophy.

breakfuss

that is awful, as ugly as Ratchet FFA.

It's weird/sad that we went from amazing port at Vita launch (NGS+, VT4..ect) to garbage ports lately.

meanwhile @ toto's house...

original.jpg

emot-LOL.gif
Welcome back. I, for one, enjoy your candor.

I have a 3g model as well, though I've never used it. And, yeah, I just put it to sleep - rarely ever turn it off. I leave the wifi on as well.

Noi

Ok, for the time being, you should have frost fight first every time just so that doesn't happen. Bear just has to be on the team for it to count anyway.

RoeBear

Ok, for the time being, you should have frost fight first every time just so that doesn't happen. Bear just has to be on the team for it to count anyway.
It's strange before this I thought the netcode was great.
Edit. I'm seriously not understanding this.

Noi

It's strange before this I thought the netcode was great.
Edit. I'm seriously not understanding this.

This is seriously the first time I've had this happen. :/

Frost, you ok with sticking by for the wins that Roe's lost due to this?

Top Bottom