• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | May 2013 | Lovecraftian Wasteland

VanWinkle

Can anyone see the ps4 remote play with the vita being not that great? As the vita has no clickable sticks and is lacking shoulder buttons, I can see it limiting the effectiveness of the remote play function for a lot of games. The backtouch screen is not adequate enough to simulate those buttons.

Also picked up VT4 for £4; great game.

How is it not adequate enough? It's capable of simulating them, so I'm not sure I understand.

Aw that's too bad. I got all excited when I saw people pre ordering. I'll just have to check Amazon every so often. Who normally publishes Atlus games in Europe? Is it Deep Silver? I think they published Catherine.
Persona 4 Golden was released by NISA, and there was talk about them looking to work together again. But otherwise they've worked with Deep Silver, Ghostlight, Zen United, even published a few PSN only titles themselves.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
amazon offered me 50 bones if i bought a vita... getting tough to say no :/

Can anyone see the ps4 remote play with the vita being not that great? As the vita has no clickable sticks and is lacking shoulder buttons, I can see it limiting the effectiveness of the remote play function for a lot of games. The backtouch screen is not adequate enough to simulate those buttons.

no way, remote play makes me pumped to own both a ps4 & vita. i think for rpgs & strategy games and mmos, it'll be great to play on the bed or on the go. for fps and sports games maybe notsomuch. alsp adventure games bc those are better on the big screen anyway.

Hey VitaGAF!

I'm new here to neogaf but ive been lurking these monthly threads as well as numerous other vita threads since the vitas launch in February of last year.

True story, the threads here at gaf and everyone swooning over the vita when it came out made me purchase one and I have to say I don't regret it one bit!

I love the playstation vita!

I can't wait to see what the future holds for the vita at E3 and beyond.

Oh yeah and add me on PSN! My ID is Magicman354_

Hey VitaGAF!

I'm new here to neogaf but ive been lurking these monthly threads as well as numerous other vita threads since the vitas launch in February of last year.

True story, the threads here at gaf and everyone swooning over the vita when it came out made me purchase one and I have to say I don't regret it one bit!

I love the playstation vita!

I can't wait to see what the future holds for the vita at E3 and beyond.

Oh yeah and add me on PSN! My ID is Magicman354_

Welcome to the vitabrotherhood! Enjoy your stay.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Yeah I can see the jaggies in those shots, are they upscaled? I haven't noticed anything like that in gameplay videos, and I really like the art style myself so i'm not too worried about it. The sound effects do make the game super cute, I can't resist it.

don't think so

dn.destructoid.com//ul/254022-tearaway-is-a-must-own-for-the-playstation-vita/screen_00178-noscale.jpg

960px × 544px

it's just an ugly looking game.

this situation is like Texture Sacrifice where everyone in Vita threads kept telling me that the game will be super duper fine on Vita screen and it's just like that because it was resized but in the end it ended even more uglier.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Guys do you think we'll be getting some new Vita colors come E3? I'm so close to ebaying a blue JP Vita. Looks so good.

Dunno, I think Sony might throw a Vita revision (cheaper with garbage screen like the one on Xperia Z) because they'll need to do that more than releasing new colors.

Should I skip Persona 3 Portable and go straight to P4G? I am ten hours into it, while I am having fun I am afraid I will get burnt out on the gameplay and will not want to play 4. Is there a lot of connection plot-wise, or is mostly just small nods and fanservice between the two? Thanks.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Should I skip Persona 3 Portable and go straight to P4G? I am ten hours into it, while I am having fun I am afraid I will get burnt out on the gameplay and will not want to play 4. Is there a lot of connection plot-wise, or is mostly just small nods and fanservice between the two? Thanks.

YES. please avoid P3P, it's a garbage butchered game with tons of stuff got cut and not even true Persona experience, just go to P4G and enjoy the awesomeness.

There is a tiny connection but it don't really matter like at all.

Kyon

Banned

Yes it's trash and you should feel bad if you play it. P4G>>>>

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Well, the big title coming out this month for Vita is Oboromuramasa so...

June 2013 |OT| 朧村正 and E³xpectations

Sorry, I got nothing.

Tomodachi

Yeah, I think your fears are legitimate. I would advise you to play P4G, then wait a couple months or even years to avoid the burn out and dive into P3 when you feel like it. P4G is better than P3P (but not better than P3FES, imho) and the two titles are complete separate stories, happening in the same world. You can play them in any order.

Regarding the old P3P vs P4G vs P3FES issue, P3P is an ok title and you should play and enjoy it if it's your only option of experiencing Persona 3. However, FES is way better, with more (and better) content and a very good epilogue that shouldn't be missed (although some people might disagree on that last part). You could get it as a PS2 Classic on PSN and play it on PS3, for instance. It's 10$ iirc, definitely worth it.

VanWinkle

don't think so

it's just an ugly looking game.

this situation is like Texture Sacrifice where everyone in Vita threads kept telling me that the game will be super duper fine on Vita screen and it's just like that because it was resized but in the end it ended even more uglier.

Except its not like that at all. Anyone can look at the ground textures on some of the SS maps and see the blocky textures. Only you are delusional enough to see the Tearaway shots and think they look bad.

Yeah, I think your fears are legitimate. I would advise you to play P4G, then wait a couple months or even years to avoid the burn out and dive into P3 when you feel like it. P4G is better than P3P (but not better than P3FES, imho) and the two titles are complete separate stories, happening in the same world. You can play them in any order.

Regarding the old P3P vs P4G vs P3FES issue, P3P is an ok title and you should play and enjoy it if it's your only option of experiencing Persona 3. However, FES is way better, with more (and better) content and a very good epilogue that shouldn't be missed (although some people might disagree on that last part). You could get it as a PS2 Classic on PSN and play it on PS3, for instance. It's 10$ iirc, definitely worth it.

Will start Golden today as I feel bad not playing it yet. I am also dying to see the Giantbomb quicklook for P4 but refuse to do so until I have played the game through. I might end up doing FES for my P3 experience then as I bought it off PSN the day it appeared. Thanks.

Shinriji

I completed my dream fighting games collection on the vita (UMVC3, SFxTK, DOA5+, MK, PBR, GGXXAC+R, BBCSEX).

If anyone want some matches going, let's make a VitaGAF party.

MarkusRJR

Yes it's trash and you should feel bad if you play it. P4G>>>>
bQaILAk.gif

Persona 3 Portable is awesome, what are you talking about...

antibolo

Banned
P3P is portable.

P3FES is not.

To me it was obvious which one to pick. I'm not going to play a lengthy JRPG at home. Persona is better suited as a portable experience, period. P3FES could give handjobs while you're playing and I still would've picked P3P.

OK maybe not but my point still stands

EDIT: Also the female protagonist is cool.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Persona 3 Portable is awesome, what are you talking about...

-Butchered port with awful graphics.
-No 3D town explorations.
-point and click crap.
-No animated cutscenes but images instead.
-Shit top-down camera.
-Useless and boring female protagonist.

and more and more, P3P is the definition of a downgraded and crappy port.

antibolo

Banned
-Butchered port with awful graphics.
-No 3D town explorations.
-point and click crap.
-No animated cutscenes but images instead.
-Shit top-down camera.
-Useless and boring female protagonist.

and more and more, P3P is the definition of a downgraded and crappy port.

The only real loss is the animated cutscenes. Everything else is just pointless bickering. P3P is fine.

Tomodachi

The only real loss is the animated cutscenes. Everything else is just pointless bickering. P3P is fine.
Toto is hyperbolizing as usual but he has many valid points. P3P is not crappy but is the very definition of a downgraded port, it cuts many parts for portability's sake. That's something the developers had to do to fit the game on an UMD and there's nothing wrong with it but if you have different options to play P3 the situation changes.
Of course if you need to or if you'd rather play it on the move then P3P is the only choice. But the statement "it's better because it's portable" doesn't make sense, we've been playing jrpgs on a tv screen since forever, that shouldn't be something you can use to judge a game's quality. GrumpyAlien didn't specify he needs to play P3 on the go.

antibolo

Banned
I'm putting down my vote for the thread title being just the major upcoming releases this month (in this case just Muramasa Rebirth), no "funny" titles, they're always depressing and go against the spirit of VitaGAF, ie. positive Vita discussion.

Massa

I'm putting down my vote for the thread title being just the major upcoming releases this month (in this case just Muramasa Rebirth), no "funny" titles, they're always depressing and go against the spirit of VitaGAF, ie. positive Vita discussion.

Hotline Miami and Velocity Ultra are the major releases for the month. :p

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
PSP2 |OT4| June 2013 | No1currs about indies pt. 2: Electric Boogaloo.

Jubern

So, I finally bought a Vita! The console itself is really gorgeous.

Tried a few things with it:
- Virtue's Last Reward: Probably the first game I'll get 100% behind since I recently finished 999. Really like it.
- Uncharted: It's alright. More of the same I guess. I'll probably have a good time, finish the campaign once and forget about it entirely.
- Metal Gear Solid 2: booted it for like two minutes, just to see how it plays. Solid port! Too bad my PS3 version is the US one, I can't TRANSFAR my saves.
- Jet Set Radio: great port! Having cloud saving with the PS3 version is soooo good too, since I played a lot of that one already.
- Tales of Hearts (demo): FUCKING SUCKS. I really liked what I played of the DS version, this is as generic and soul-less as it gets. Battle system has been butchered and random battles are just... Why? I was thinking about buying it, completely changed my mind.
- Phantasy Star Online 2: I only wandered across the ship to see how it ran and all, and I'm really impressed. I still got my character from when I played the game on PC, and I'm definitely going to get a lot of mileage out of this thing.

I still have a looooot of things to try/play, probably way too much actually, the feeling of not knowing what to play is overwhelming. Gravity Rush, Rayman Origins (never played the full game on any other platform so it's actually new for me) and Time Travelers are the other big Vita games I want to play. There are also a few PSP games I want to continue (Trails in the Sky FC and FF Type-0).

(Disclaimer: I didn't had to pay for any of this beside the digital release of FF Type-0, which is only 2100 yen. ALL the rest is PS+ (EU and JP) or F2P (PSO2)).

Games, I'm drowning in them.

EMT0

Banned
If anything tears apart VitaGAF, it's going to be the indie lovers versus the Vitamuffins who don't like indies.

#TeamNeutral

Lombax

Banned
question:

I started grad school a few months back. As a result I have very little time for games, and my Vita is just kind of sitting there.
My question is this. For the sake of the battery is it better for me to leave it plugged in for long periods of time or store it unplugged?

xJavonta

Banned
question:

I started grad school a few months back. As a result I have very little time for games, and my Vita is just kind of sitting there.
My question is this. For the sake of the battery is it better for me to leave it plugged in for long periods of time or store it unplugged?

Probably unplugged.

dyergram

So, I finally bought a Vita! The console itself is really gorgeous.

Tried a few things with it:
- Virtue's Last Reward: Probably the first game I'll get 100% behind since I recently finished 999. Really like it.
- Uncharted: It's alright. More of the same I guess. I'll probably have a good time, finish the campaign once and forget about it entirely.
- Metal Gear Solid 2: booted it for like two minutes, just to see how it plays. Solid port! Too bad my PS3 version is the US one, I can't TRANSFAR my saves.
- Jet Set Radio: great port! Having cloud saving with the PS3 version is soooo good too, since I played a lot of that one already.
- Tales of Hearts (demo): FUCKING SUCKS. I really liked what I played of the DS version, this is as generic and soul-less as it gets. Battle system has been butchered and random battles are just... Why? I was thinking about buying it, completely changed my mind.
- Phantasy Star Online 2: I only wandered across the ship to see how it ran and all, and I'm really impressed. I still got my character from when I played the game on PC, and I'm definitely going to get a lot of mileage out of this thing.

I still have a looooot of things to try/play, probably way too much actually, the feeling of not knowing what to play is overwhelming. Gravity Rush, Rayman Origins (never played the full game on any other platform so it's actually new for me) and Time Travelers are the other big Vita games I want to play. There are also a few PSP games I want to continue (Trails in the Sky FC and FF Type-0).

(Disclaimer: I didn't had to pay for any of this beside the digital release of FF Type-0, which is only 2100 yen. ALL the rest is PS+ (EU and JP) or F2P (PSO2)).

Games, I'm drowning in them.
Welcome buy hotline miami.

Top Bottom