• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | May 2013 | Lovecraftian Wasteland

omg_mjd

Great thread title. Better than the usual joke/pun OT titles.

So far having a great time with Soul Sacrifice. The Japanese VAs are a definite improvement. Still wish there were more character models/outfits to choose from. Sounds shallow but it's kinda important for a multiplayer title that people don't end up looking like color-swapped versions of each other.

Also really enjoying the first few levels of Zombie Tycoon 2 despite being weirded-out by the premise initially. The core gameplay seems solid and the controls work well on the Vita.

Top-of-page recommendation: Persona 3 Portable. So much in common with Persona 4 Golden--a great story (arguably better than P4), a memorable soundtrack and a deep combat/fusion system--so if you've finished P4G you gotta check this game out.

Has there been any word at all about Farming Simulator coming to the US? Was there any word about it coming to EU or did it show up tecmo style?

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Tip for everyone: enable buttons for system controls in settings. Finally, I can save without the touchscreen.

Can't believe I hadn't done it as soon as the option was added.

wilflare

Tip for everyone: enable buttons for system controls in settings. Finally, I can save without the touchscreen.

Can't believe I hadn't done it as soon as the option was added.

hmm save what without the touchscreen? in SS, I don't have this enabled... but I can still save with buttons

matmanx1

I'm thinking of importing Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus and Project Diva f this summer. They have both been on my radar for awhile. Right now I'm really enjoying Soul Sacrifice and have played a few hours of Black Rock Shooter which went on sale last week. Good times.

wilflare

I'm thinking of importing Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus and Project Diva f this summer. They have both been on my radar for awhile. Right now I'm really enjoying Soul Sacrifice and have played a few hours of Black Rock Shooter which went on sale last week. Good times.

wonder if Senran will ever (ever) be localised. I'll be happy enough with subtitles

mmmmmmm!!! new thread smell.

love it! thanks grimmy.

im pretty happy with the releases this month. esp since SS came on april 30th/ may 1st

the rest is just frosting on the cake

:)

yella

That new thread smell...

Got Metal Gear fever thanks to this week's sale; bought Metal Gear Solid 1, plus the HD pack for Vita. gonna get Peace Walker a little later... but who do we have to bug to get Portable Ops or Portable Ops + playable on the Vita. This is a lost opportunity if you ask me.

VanWinkle

From the Rayman Legends thread from today:

WiiU version day 1. I would double dip this baby if it comes for Vita too. Loving the challenges app on WiiU.

might want to get your check book ready

John Harker leaked Rayman Legends going multiplat and Watch_Dogs going to WiiU, so I'm inclined to believe him that Legends is coming to Vita

:D :D This makes me VERY happy. I just need to see it announced now so I can preorder it.

DiscoJer

Has there been any word at all about Farming Simulator coming to the US? Was there any word about it coming to EU or did it show up tecmo style?

There was a press release almost a month ago about it coming to the PS3 and 360. Didn't say which territories.

A real phenomenon, Farming Simulator surprised the world by becoming, with the 2013 version on PC, a world-wide best-seller. The farming simulation game from Giants Software is now getting ready to release for the first time on consoles in September, with PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions full of exclusive content!

Grab your gamepad, Farming Simulator is about to arrive on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, the first week of September 2013!

It's from a French publisher, Focus Home. It seems like they've published some titles in NA, but only digitally.

Sol1dus

That new thread smell...

Got Metal Gear fever thanks to this week's sale; bought Metal Gear Solid 1, plus the HD pack for Vita. gonna get Peace Walker a little later... but who do we have to bug to get Portable Ops or Portable Ops + playable on the Vita. This is a lost opportunity if you ask me.

Can't believe I can't play Ops on Vita yet. Pisses me off they don't make like to make money sometimes.

I remember VG247 posting that Farming Simulator (alongside other Android and/or indie games) was coming to Vita: http://www.vg247.com/2013/03/26/ps-...-farming-simulator-and-more-released-in-2013/

A couple of those other games are already out or coming, too.

Castle of Illusion ain't coming, though. Studio's gone bust so it's PS360 only.

jwk94

I remember VG247 posting that Farming Simulator (alongside other Android and/or indie games) was coming to Vita: http://www.vg247.com/2013/03/26/ps-...-farming-simulator-and-more-released-in-2013/

A couple of those other games are already out or coming, too.

Castle of Illusion ain't coming, though. Studio's gone bust so it's PS360 only.

Huh? Did something happen between the announcement and today?

EDIT:
Nevermind, confused it with that other Mickey game.

Foshy

Reposting this in here because nobody answered in the old thread:

Just finished Thomas was Alone, really fun game with a nice narrative.

But...I didn't quite understand the ending.
So, Jo & Sam were warped into the light, and then that short cutscene with the screens came up...? Not really sure what that's supposed to mean.

jwk94

Reposting this in here because nobody answered in the old thread:

Just finished Thomas was Alone, really fun game with a nice narrative.

But...I didn't quite understand the ending.
So, Jo & Sam were warped into the light, and then that short cutscene with the screens came up...? Not really sure what that's supposed to mean.

I don't think there's a concrete meaning to it all. When you listen to the commentary for the level, the creator says that there are many different ways to interpret the scene.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Trophies for PSM games?

Edit: oh thought farming sim is a psm game

Mmm...New thread smells like Hometown.

Still juggling P4G and a buncha other games over here.

I'm at 90+ hours on my first playthrough. Is this normal guys?
I'm still absolutely loving it. The story is still as intriguing as that first hour.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Mmm...New thread smells like Hometown.

Still juggling P4G and a buncha other games over here.

I'm at 90+ hours on my first playthrough. Is this normal guys?
I'm still absolutely loving it. The story is still as intriguing as that first hour.

I have played P4G so much to the point it kind of ruined Bioshock Infinite for me.

Since Kanji is Booker, and I couldn't help but to imagine Kanji every time Booker spoke >__>

I have played P4G so much to the point it kind of ruined Bioshock Infinite for me.

Since Kanji is Booker, and I couldn't help but to imagine Kanji every time Booker spoke >__>

LOL wow. Didn't know that they had the same VA. Not sure if I should jump to Bioshock Inf. then (which is next priority in my backlog). I'm trying my best not to start too many story extensive games at a time anyways.

Top Bottom